New Golf R32

TDI-line

Uber Post Whore
Reaction score
press

2050809.005.Mini3L.jpg

2050809.005.Mini4L.jpg

2050809.005.Mini8L.jpg

rekon the exhausts need to be spaced either closer together, or further apart... looks bit daft.

I'm a little disappointed after the original R32 was such a cracking car. No real progression in the 3.2. Styling looks cheap and rushed, where has all the black mesh gone. I don't like the twin centred exhausts like the clio 182. The seats look ok, but the original Konig's were excellent.

What a shame.

Hopefully look better in the flesh.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a little disappointed after the original R32 was such a cracking car. No real progression in the 3.2. Styling looks cheap and rushed, where has all the black mesh gone. I don't like the twin centred exhausts like the clio 182. The seats look ok, but the original Konig's were excellent.

What a shame.

Hopefully look better in the flesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

hearing you on that one. Strange how they managed to pull it off on the lupo gti and on the mini, but on the clio and the r32 above it just looks wrong.

I think it looks nice but have to agree that the older design was better.......A4 B6 and B7 springs to mind when they redesigned that!

Yup, prefer the original R32, this one doesn't look as mean, or has the same road presence, and those exhausts on the rear are too chav like for my tastes.

It's just not mean enough, no presence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
It's just not mean enough, no presence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, it looks too plain, not aggressive at all, I don't like the exhaust layout and they've swapped the RS4 style lower grill for a chip cutter.

Kev.

The older one looked a lot better IMO

For the flagship model, this should be amazing but I don't think VW have given it the attention it deserved

[ QUOTE ]
The seats look ok, but the original Konig's were excellent.

[/ QUOTE ]

No they weren't /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ...the Konigs were awful. They sat too high, and offered little by the way of proper back support. Yeuk!

The 25th Anniversary Recaros wer much better seats...

Let's hope the Mk5 R32 seats are more supportive, and seat you lower down.