New Golf MK7 GTD Prices announced - not bad !

Sootchucker

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know this is a Audi forum, but thought a few of you might be interested in the new Golf 7 GTD who's price list has just been uploaded.

It has all the kit the GT model has apparently with the following (main bits) of kit built into the price

18" x 7.5" Nogaro Alloy Wheels
GTD Sports Suspension lowered by 15mm
Bi Xenon Headlights with LED daytime running lights
GTD Body kit
LED Smoked rear lights
Front Fog lights incorporating LED technology
Illuminated door sill protectors
Stainless Steel Pedal Sets
2 Zone full Climate Control
Progressive Steering

And don't forget, a 184bhp Engine !

The only thing that appears to be missing from the GT model is the Navigation is dropped (presumably to pay for some of the other options), and reverts back to a non navigation version.

Standard list for a 5 Door Manual - £25,940.00

and with DSG - £27,355.00

I just specced one (for fun with the following)

GTD 5 Door DSG
Metallic Paint
Winter Pack (GTD)
Discover Navigation Pro
Dynaudio Sound package
Colour DIS display

Total OTR - £30,585.00

Not too bad considering the A3 S-Line 2.0 TDI I've been negotiating on is nearly £33K

Last edited:
As much as I really like the Golf..... it's just a Golf.

When I had a GT Sport a few years back, I loved the car but it certainly never turned any heads. If badge and status aren't important, it's a lovely car.

Strange about the lack of standard navigation though.

Nice!

I think the GTD looks really smart, lower front bumper particularly.

Where'd you get this info from? I'd be interested to have a look.

If similar discounts are available on the GTD as on other Golf models, you could be in the driving seat for around £23k. That's seriously good value as they tend to have good residuals as well.

Got to say I think the GTD looks great....sorry for swearing! Ha ha

I notice on that price list that with any of the sat nav options they come with free map updates for three years...

I've heard you don't get the Xenons or the 18" wheels in the UK (basic 17" instead).

Not quite so great if this is the case.

Guys, just check out the online configurator! Sat nav is standard, as are 18s. I think the Xenons were too, but it's a few days since I looked.

I know I spec'd one to the same level as my (on order) Sportback S-line and it was about the same price of £27.5k, but the Golf had 184bhp plays 150bhp.

I'd say it's really good value.

Guys, just check out the online configurator! Sat nav is standard, as are 18s. I think the Xenons were too, but it's a few days since I looked.

I know I spec'd one to the same level as my (on order) Sportback S-line and it was about the same price of £27.5k, but the Golf had 184bhp plays 150bhp.

I'd say it's really good value.

On topic and off topic at same time......just back from gadget show in Birmingham and sat in the new fully specced up Citroen DS5, interior is loud and like watching Las Vegas illuminations,. Specs are very similar to the GTD and A3 SB 2.0TDI s-line with price range from £28 -£34k........sales dolly bird gave me all the spiel especially trying to make out they are trying to compete with BMW M series and top off the range Audi's and Mercs.............why anyone would ever buy one when they can get the GTD or A3 SB 2.0TDI s-line and still have change for a holiday beats me

OK here's the final low down....

18" alloys and Xenons with LED DRL's ARE standard.

Sat Nav is not standard.

Give me Xenons over Sat Nav any day!

Why would anyone buy a GT when a faster, better specced and better to drive GTD is only a tad more?

Sorry dstev, was sure I'd read nav was standard, but have double checked and you're right! I shan't be so lazy next time...!

Chavs and drug dealers buy new golfs lol ! I'm just joking dont hurl abuse at me!

this is an Audi forum though, and I picked an Audi for my personal preference , you can get a better specd seat or vw cheaper than most similar variants audi models but for me it's the brand audi I am buying.

Sean

As much as I really like the Golf..... it's just a Golf.

I'm no badge snob but this really is the Golf's biggest problem in my opinion. It's up there with the Focus and Astra in terms of ubiquity - they're simply everywhere and all the recent models looks basically the same.

I'm no badge snob but this really is the Golf's biggest problem in my opinion. It's up there with the Focus and Astra in terms of ubiquity - they're simply everywhere and all the recent models looks basically the same.

That last part of your statement also applies to the Audi A3!

[/I]That last part of your statement also applies to the Audi A3!

Sorry but not a chance. The 8V looks significantly different to the 8P, despite what some people claim. The Mk7 Golf OTOH looks almost identical to the Mk6 and Mk5 :p

This is so true! I went in to our VW dealer early Feb to ask if they had any MK7's in to take a look at, to which they replied "you're standing right next to one sir"..... refused to believe them up until I opened the door and realised that the dash was different. I can usually tell subtle differences between most model years of cars, but the Golf has always stumped me - they're such subtle changes. The new A3 (particularly with the Xenons) turns heads as your drive it down the road, I'm not sure i've ever driven a Golf that's done that.

Sorry but not a chance. The 8V looks significantly different to the 8P, despite what some people claim. The Mk7 Golf OTOH looks almost identical to the Mk6 and Mk5 :p

Personally I love Golfs; always have. But I definitely would not have this one; I think it's one of the ugliest cars that VW has ever produced.
The more MkVIIs I see on the road the more I'm convinced of this.

Lol that's because Audi have only released one car since the 2003 model was launched. If you count the mk4 Golf which was still being built in 2003 then there have been 4 versions of the Golf, and the mk7 is certainly very different to the mk4. The only reason you don't think there is much of change is because VW update it so often.

True, 8L to 8P was probably deemed subtle to anyone that didn't own an A3. But I think 8P to 8V is more dramatic than the MK6 to MK7. But as you say, the interval between the Audi's is longer than the VWs so you would almost expect that.

Lol that's because Audi have only released one car since the 2003 model was launched. If you count the mk4 Golf which was still being built in 2003 then there have been 4 versions of the Golf, and the mk7 is certainly very different to the mk4. The only reason you don't think there is much of change is because VW update it so often.

Ah, but there haven't.

The MK6 was just a facelifted MK5 to save VW cash. Just because they tried to 'fob off' their customers by trying to pass it off as a new model doesn't make it such. Other than that, over the last 10 years or so replacement cycles have been fairly similar.

1996/7 - A3 8L and Golf 4
2003/4 - A3 8P1 and Golf 5
2008/9 - A3 8P2 and Golf 6 (facelift)
2012/13 - A3 8V and Golf 7

Reactions: TDI-line
So the same could be said for the 8p1 and 8p2 then?

Look I'm not against Audi's in any way whatsoever but go and have a look and drive of an mk7, then you'll see the real differences.

So the same could be said for the 8p1 and 8p2 then?

Look I'm not against Audi's in any way whatsoever but go and have a look and drive of an mk7, then you'll see the real differences.

Exactly. That's what I was getting at. Both 8P1 and 8P2 were facelifts as we're the MK5 and MK6. The lifecycles are nigh on identical for both cars.

I've driven three different versions of the MK7 (1.4 SE, 1.4 GT COD & 2.0TDi) but only had to drive one A3 8V to convince me which was the better car (IMO).

You can hardly count the Mk4 as the Mk5 was released at pretty much the same time as the A3 8P. Just because the A3 predated the Mk5 slightly doesn't mean the Mk4 can be compared as a "same generation" car.

As hitchy says, the A3 was facelifted and at least they had the decency to call it that and not try to call it a new model, which is the cynical rubbish VW tried with the Mk6. Now we have the Mk7 which looks like just another facelift with minimal styling changes, whereas the A3 8V looks totally different to the 8P, both inside and out.

Lol I'll quit now, considering I'm on an Audi forum.

Just to put another question into the mixer, do you actually get anything with an Audi apart from the wheels and seats? I've just looked at an S Line sport back and some very basic features like cruise control, rear parking sensors and electric heated and folding mirrors are on the options list!

I think most Audi drivers are happy to configure their cars with the options they want. My experience of VW is that most buyers take 'stock cars' rather than wait for factory orders. I'd put money on it that the average Audi sale has a much higher option ticket than the average VW.

There's far more choice on the Audi option list - colour choices, upgraded sound etc.

The S-Line has 18" wheels, half leather, flat bottom steering wheel, xenon headlights, different body styling. The heated mirrors are standard, but auto-folding is an option.

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a 8V or mk7 personally. When did hatchbacks get so pricey?!

But if I had to choose, it would be mk7. Haven't seen a nice 8V yet... But I might change my mind when the next uglier platform comes out