1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new front suspension B6 190

Kingfisher Nov 16, 2018

1. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active Member

For my 1.8T quattro S Line
    A couple of parts are worn ( inde advised at recent service. 14.5 years old 74k miles).

So.… thinking that it may be more sensible ( and much cheaper labour costs) to take off the whole lot and replace with new QUALITY parts ( like the idea of the 034 fully adjustable set but nobody seems to do them now in the UK ).
    So, recommendation /who's using what ?
    I don't want to waste money - but cost is not the issue.
    Thanks

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. QuattroCalum

QuattroCalum Well-Known Member saloon Audi A4 Black Edition Saloon Manual

Meyle HD or Lemforder seem to be the premium parts to use.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

4. spartacus 68

spartacus 68 Active Member Team Ibis Audi A2 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Echo QuattroCalum's recommendation. I've used a Meyle HD parts and they are excellent. You only want to do the job once, given you need to get the tracking done afterwards, so don't cut corners. Fit and forget would be my advice.

5. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active Member

Thanks, you have confirmed my feelings on this ….
    couple of places I have approached seem uninterested, one I'm very surprised at …….

Thames Valley area , looks like I shall be making the trip to Vagtech in Bletchley - they did some good suspension work on wife's A4 QTS a few years ago.

6. Kingfisher

Kingfisher Active Member

Now booked for January at The Phirm in Blackwater/Camberley.
    Not sure whose parts but definitely Lemforder or Meyle.
    Think the whole job is likely to be around the £1k mark but hey - I shall never have to do it again with the low miles I now do!