New File released for DTUK FSR Tuning Box

Thanks for the reply.

Numbers are not as impressive as in the S3 plattform. I mean, S3 do get similar numbers as a proper remap (375-380 bhp).. it seems like they don't fine tune the 1.8 tfsi maps, they just focus on the S3 market.

Because the 1.8 tfsi engine has lots of potencial; remaps are getting 250-260 bhp with a stage 1.

It would be great to see better figures for 1.8 tfsi with this tuning box..

Regards.

still a gain of 65 ps which will be similar for the s3. and yes you may see slightly more on a remap but depends on your situation if you like your warranty or maybe not keeping the car long... some of the remaps for the s3 are rediculously priced...

Noob question do yous have just the fsr multi channel? Or do some of yous have the pedal box as well what's the difference if you have just one or both?

pedalbox doesn't increase power only increases throttle response, I have both

Is there any point in the pedal box really if it doesn't actually change the map but only makes the car think the pedal is down more than what it is

Thought I would give a little update for the guys running the DTUK boxes as over the weekend i took a trip to MSL Performance in B'ham for a few runs on there Dynojet. I had received my FSR+ back from @ABYSS at DTUK earlier in the week with the latest V3 files so it seemed like an ideal time to see some figures. I do also have the APR carbon intake fitted.
The lads at MSL mentioned they had seen a few cars through there doors with DTUK boxes on and that S3/7R were typically a making between 345-355 at the flywheel. Anyway he did the 3 runs and looked quite shocked that the figures it had produced, 347whp which he worked out to be approx 380bhp at the flywheel and 336 ft-lb (456Nm)Torque. He went on to say how strong the results were and that they hadn't had one in showing those kind of figures yet. As I mentioned I do also have the APR intake fitted so that is going to help a little obviously. So all in all i left quite a happy man and it was worth the trip to B'ham. Also on a side note i couldn't fault MSL, they have got a decent set-up so anybody around the Midlands area who is looking for a Dyno I would recommend them.
Thanks for the reply.

Numbers are not as impressive as in the S3 plattform. I mean, S3 do get similar numbers as a proper remap (375-380 bhp).. it seems like they don't fine tune the 1.8 tfsi maps, they just focus on the S3 market.

Because the 1.8 tfsi engine has lots of potencial; remaps are getting 250-260 bhp with a stage 1.

It would be great to see better figures for 1.8 tfsi with this tuning box..

Regards.

we have spent quite a bit of time on the 1.8TFSI, there is a member on here that took his car to the dyno and it produced 262hp..

I cant think of his name, but he's been into see us recently and is running similar files to the revised S3 files and his car flies for a 1.8.

we have spent quite a bit of time on the 1.8TFSI, there is a member on here that took his car to the dyno and it produced 262hp..

I cant think of his name, but he's been into see us recently and is running similar files to the revised S3 files and his car flies for a 1.8.

Hi ABYS, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I saw that dyno graph. HE got 209 whp, that with a normar loss factor (15%) it'll give us 240 bhp. 262 bhp seems a little bit high..

Anyways, I'm not saying it is bad, as I said, IT SEEMED as the S3 gets better results. The other thing is we only have THAT single piece of evidence on 1.8 tfsi.. so not many dyno graphs to compare...

Anyways, I know your product is top notch

regards

Hi ABYS, thanks for the reply.

Yeah I saw that dyno graph. HE got 209 whp, that with a normar loss factor (15%) it'll give us 240 bhp. 262 bhp seems a little bit high..

Anyways, I'm not saying it is bad, as I said, IT SEEMED as the S3 gets better results. The other thing is we only have THAT single piece of evidence on 1.8 tfsi.. so not many dyno graphs to compare...

Anyways, I know your product is top notch

regards

a 15% loss on 209hp would be 245.8bhp :)

209 divided by 85 x 100 ...

there is also another dyno sheet on our website from a customer in Sweden or Norway

a 15% loss on 209hp would be 245.8bhp :)

209 divided by 85 x 100 ...

there is also another dyno sheet on our website from a customer in Sweden or Norway

ok yeah 245.. either way not near 260+ bhp quoted by him.

15 bhp is something.. but anyway, is just numbers, it will definetely be waaaay faster than stock, that's for sure.

Reactions: ABYSS
Perect change on bhp is more in the 1.8 than the 2.0 isnt it? What do you mean?

I meant that in the S3:

- Remap gains 360-380 bhp
- Dtuk gains the same

In the 1.8tfsi:

- remap gains 250-260
- dtuk 230-245

Not debating if gains are bad, as they are great of course!

Guys, I have a very limited knowledge of tuning box's since I have never done it. Read a few threads and pretty keen to eventually go with DTUK simply because of the warranty not being affected and you get amazing gains.

With mine being S-tronic what is the likelihood that this could put strain on the clutch / gearbox?

what about launches? - I take it that these don't get affected.

also are these 0-60 times of 3.8 with launch control?

sorry if these are obvious questions!

Your stronic can handle those torque figures, dont worry.

Those times are with launch control, which is not affected at all

Reactions: j0nny2013
Your stronic can handle those torque figures, dont worry.

Those times are with launch control, which is not affected at all

cheers for response mate.

I still haven't even tried my launch control yet! nearly 3k done so think its about time I gave it a shot!

Can someone please post dyno graphs for the three different maps so we can tell the difference between them?

Guys, I have a very limited knowledge of tuning box's since I have never done it. Read a few threads and pretty keen to eventually go with DTUK simply because of the warranty not being affected and you get amazing gains.

With mine being S-tronic what is the likelihood that this could put strain on the clutch / gearbox?

what about launches? - I take it that these don't get affected.

also are these 0-60 times of 3.8 with launch control?

sorry if these are obvious questions!
Check out instagram 'fast_teacher' running the box vs a R8 video

Reactions: j0nny2013 and S3orge
Had a good chat with fast teacher and he is 100% confident it's a must haha. Defo going to look at getting one! Anyone else had one for a while?

I have it for 9-10 months, even with the first group of files it´s awesome. I was thinking to made a repro for stage 2 but i believe i will send Andrew my box to update with the new file and get an I/C.

Reactions: j0nny2013 and ABYSS