New Exhaust

ollie2013uk

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Is there any exhaust that is approved by Audi that would make the Rs3 sound a little more exciting but not cause any issues with the warranty?

Is the Sports exhaust not enough for you haha? If not try secondary decats and a Valve controller/plugs to keep them open. You won't be disappointed then.

PFL? Sports exhaust decatted was crazy loud enough for me. Any louder and the Rozzers will be after you!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 8YARWY
I see so secondary's I'm still toying with idea of these

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Toy no longer. Secondary decat is LOUD!

Reactions: Goubo1 and Terminator x
A little more exciting ? Never heard that before Ha Ha......

I've owned various RS3's and the FL is by far my favourite for sound....

A little more exciting ? Never heard that before Ha Ha......

I've owned various RS3's and the FL is by far my favourite for sound....

I guess you talk about FL without GPF filter because with GPF filter the sound isn't too exciting.

If you have a FL with GPF filter I think the best solution is change DP.

You’ll be in trouble now you’ve said that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha I'm owner of a RS3 FL with GPF filter and I'm looking to get a better sound. I don't if go with the CETE valve controller, with I would not get a super big difference but I would still have the warranty or **** warranty and install a Milltek DP and get the sound this car deserves.

Hahaha I'm owner of a RS3 FL with GPF filter and I'm looking to get a better sound. I don't if go with the CETE valve controller, with I would not get a super big difference but I would still have the warranty or **** warranty and install a Milltek DP and get the sound this car deserves.

would you Get a sports downpipe or a de cat? Would the sports cat require a remap?

I guess you talk about FL without GPF filter because with GPF filter the sound isn't too exciting.

:thumbs up:
What this man said!! The sound is just not exciting, I actually preferred my S3 with the DSG farts.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
I take it yours is a new car? if it is then trust me it will get better with the mileage, i have just hit 2000 miles & it sounds much better now, mine is on a standard exhaust system not sports.

I take it yours is a new car? if it is then trust me it will get better with the mileage, i have just hit 2000 miles & it sounds much better now, mine is on a standard exhaust system not sports.

Yeah it's a new one, to be honest, it's just hit 3000 and it does sound better, but, it's just not enough!! Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for a chav wagon, but, it needs to be louder in my opinion (in sports mode)

Yeah it's a new one, to be honest, it's just hit 3000 and it does sound better, but, it's just not enough!! Don't get me wrong I'm not looking for a chav wagon, but, it needs to be louder in my opinion (in sports mode)

Have you looked into having your exhaust done by PCW Exhaust Mods, they are near Toddington services up the M1?

:thumbs up:
What this man said!! The sound is just not exciting, I actually preferred my S3 with the DSG farts.
ETTO but no way was my S3 anywhere near as nicer sounding as my OPF RS3.

Yes it had the DSG farts but it really was a soulless engine IMO, the RS3 still sounds lovely and with 6k mikes and a CETE valve controller turns peoples heads every day when I’m driving to see what car it is.

Just the right side of loud for me and you can still hear that 5 pot warble.

A PFL or FL it is not in the sound department but to my ears a great sounding car when you put your foot down and also on quick downshifts and low rev warble especially with the valve controller fitted.

Reactions: Luiggi
Have you looked into having your exhaust done by PCW Exhaust Mods, they are near Toddington services up the M1?
Does this cause exhaust drone at cruising speeds do you know?

I spoke to Paul at PCW & he says i doesn't, the flaps still work in the same way so the comfort setting sounds like our dynamic setting does now & obviously the dynamic setting once modified really comes alive, its £300 while you wait for our 2019 RS3, im seriously thinking about doing it as soon as i get a chance to get there.

Reactions: Riko0073

Also, have a look on his Instagram page, he has a white 19 RS3 hes done, sounds lovely, not like a chav mobile either.

I spoke to Paul at PCW & he says i doesn't, the flaps still work in the same way so the comfort setting sounds like our dynamic setting does now & obviously the dynamic setting once modified really comes alive, its £300 while you wait for our 2019 RS3, im seriously thinking about doing it as soon as i get a chance to get there.
Good to know and yes I checked out their Insta page and sounds good with a bit of a deeper note.

I may look into it but with the valve controller I have fitted the exhaust already sounds good for my taste, keep us posted if you decide to take the plunge.

Reactions: JM 772
Good to know and yes I checked out their Insta page and sounds good with a bit of a deeper note.

I may look into it but with the valve controller I have fitted the exhaust already sounds good for my taste, keep us posted if you decide to take the plunge.
What valve controller have you got? easy to fit? price?
Sorry for all the questions but im knocking on 50 & although i want a slightly better sound i cant be chaving it up, i done the resonator delete on my 17 S3, lasted 2 days & put the standard res back on :blink:

What valve controller have you got? easy to fit? price?
Sorry for all the questions but im knocking on 50 & although i want a slightly better sound i cant be chaving it up, i done the resonator delete on my 17 S3, lasted 2 days & put the standard res back on :blink:
Yeah I’m 46 and to be honest the sound of the OPF just suits me better, I’m well over the pops and bang scene!

It’s a CETE valve controller order direct from them in Germany, think it was around £320 delivered. Keeps the valves open in Dynamic at low revs as the standard car doesn’t fully open them until higher revs I believe, the result is a deeper sound in low revs which is really noticeable when driving around town etc, certainly turns heads but no way in a chavvy way.

very easy to fit as plug and play.

I had a young lad come past me in a PFL the other day, purposely making it pop and bang in front of me, sounded very loud and exactly the opposite of what I’m after! ETTO though.

Yeah I’m 46 and to be honest the sound of the OPF just suits me better, I’m well over the pops and bang scene!

It’s a CETE valve controller order direct from them in Germany, think it was around £320 delivered. Keeps the valves open in Dynamic at low revs as the standard car doesn’t fully open them until higher revs I believe, the result is a deeper sound in low revs which is really noticeable when driving around town etc, certainly turns heads but no way in a chavvy way.

very easy to fit as plug and play.

I had a young lad come past me in a PFL the other day, purposely making it pop and bang in front of me, sounded very loud and exactly the opposite of what I’m after! ETTO though.

Thanks Riko,

I will get one ordered in the week then, sounds exactly what i want, i hate the pops & bangs too but love the exhaust tone of this RS :icon thumright:

Thanks Riko,

I will get one ordered in the week then, sounds exactly what i want, i hate the pops & bangs too but love the exhaust tone of this RS :icon thumright:
Not a problem.

Not sure if you’ve seen my video posted up a few times but here’s mine after the valve controller fitted, I love the sound and it’s actually better driving at low revs especially through town when the sound hits off the surrounding buildings :icon thumright:

Not a problem.

Not sure if you’ve seen my video posted up a few times but here’s mine after the valve controller fitted, I love the sound and it’s actually better driving at low revs especially through town when the sound hits off the surrounding buildings :icon thumright:

Now thats what i need, nice rumble but not annoyingly loud, perfect, thanks mate :thumbs up:

Not a problem.

Riko, is this installed on the drivers side or passenger side? installation guide is on a left hand drive car.

Cheers.

Riko, is this installed on the drivers side or passenger side? installation guide is on a left hand drive car.

Cheers.
Hey @JM 772 it’s on the passenger side so it’s actually much easier as no bonnet release to remove with us right hand drive cars. It simply remove a couple of trim sections and plug in, the hardest part is squeezing it all in neatly! I also had a bit of a job getting to the earthing point as quite tight but took my time and easy enough...I’m no expert and would have me at novice status for stuff like this...but if I can do it!! :icon thumright:

Hey @JM 772 it’s on the passenger side so it’s actually much easier as no bonnet release to remove with us right hand drive cars. It simply remove a couple of trim sections and plug in, the hardest part is squeezing it all in neatly! I also had a bit of a job getting to the earthing point as quite tight but took my time and easy enough...I’m no expert and would have me at novice status for stuff like this...but if I can do it!! :icon thumright:

Cheers buddy, spot on.

Hey @JM 772 it’s on the passenger side so it’s actually much easier as no bonnet release to remove with us right hand drive cars. It simply remove a couple of trim sections and plug in, the hardest part is squeezing it all in neatly! I also had a bit of a job getting to the earthing point as quite tight but took my time and easy enough...I’m no expert and would have me at novice status for stuff like this...but if I can do it!! :icon thumright:[/

****** hell, its a lot more than you paid now, works out £431.20 with vat & postage :hororr: Still having it tho :rock::worked till 5am:

The price is what puts me off getting one.
Yes it’s not a cheap mod but for me the fact it gives...

1. better sound at lower revs
2. Full control over valves so comfort mode they’re closed to keep neighbours happy on cold early morning starts!
3. Remembers to keep auto stop/start turned off constantly...an added bonus

Money well spent!

Reactions: JM 772
For that kind of money you could have a remap what will make all those changes and give you at least +100Nm and +50bhp

Sadly that could be the case but the same applies to PCW exhaust mods or the valve controller, both would need to be removed for any warranty claims
Yeah, I’d consider a remap in a couple of years but the cars only 5 months old and happy to keep standard for now.

Im sure the remap would have greater concerns and implications on engine, gearbox etc whereas the valve controller and PCW mod only really on the exhaust warranty which I can live with.

Yes all v true.

The GPF car really comes alive with a sensible remap, I can highly recommend it

Yes it’s not a cheap mod but for me the fact it gives...

1. better sound at lower revs
2. Full control over valves so comfort mode they’re closed to keep neighbours happy on cold early morning starts!
3. Remembers to keep auto stop/start turned off constantly...an added bonus

Money well spent!

Yeh thats what i like about it, i will order one next week. is there an app to use with it too?