new exhaust needed,any ideas????

TOM.S

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
as the title says.. my cureent (scorpion) exhaust is F*****D so im in a need of new one.I was thinking of getting a quote from long life's local dealer,but before i do i wanted to ask ,see if anyone has any better idea.
also what woud be the best option between budget,and performance?(is it worth pay the money for miltek etc.. or just go for some cheaper brand,but with less performance)
any help apreciatated

There is no real performance gain from any aftermarket exhaust on std/stage 1/2 mapped 1.8t's tbh...

You get more benefit from stage 2 prerequisites such as FMIC, downpipes and sports cats...

What you get from most exhausts is a sportier noise and a choice of tailpipes... especially on an A3 that typically has the hidden tail pipes..

Places such as longlife are capable of giving you the best choice of noise/looks for your money tbh...

Milltek (for me at least) gave me a quiet system with a decent noise when on boost...

Guess it also depends on how long you plan to keep your car etc too... not to say buy cheap if you plan to keep it 6 months but the point I am trying to make is that the exhaust adds very little to the performance of a 1.8t powered with a turbo such as the K03...

<tuffty/>

Miltek ftw, mines all growly and awesome.

thanks Tuffty.. I wasn't realy expecting any ''serious'' performance gain more just like some back pressure drop.just didn't wanted to go oem ( with the crappy hidden tailpipes).. not looking for anything too loud either,ist juts the case of current exhaust probabbly cannot be fixed, so if a have to spend money on some new exhaust I want it to be a good choice . so see what the lads at lonlife will tell me :)

My milltek

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a milltek for sale in the classified section..

music to my ears Dane! Does sound really good ,still thinking of it and I might just treat my self with one :).I'll see how big difference in price is gonna be comparing others.
but thanks anyway.

Just an update. SO.... problem solved thanks to tha lads at Powerflow (and within the budget) :) We managed to fix/keep the current scorpion catback system by replacing some of the old pipework with new shiny stainles steel stuff :) The anoying ratte is gone,the exhaust still has its nice decent sound. good times :)