New e 10 fuel.???

Carl75

Reaction score
With the new e 10 fuel coming in I have had a quick look on gov site and that's as clear as mud lol..... I've got a 2009 2.0 tfsi. I use super unleaded now I was just wondering weather I can use the the e10 fuel or should I just keep to super.
Thanks....

Super is still E5 from what I can see, just stick to that?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Carl75
1st September is the official date although it’s been at my local stations for a few weeks now.

Compatibility checkper below - what’s not clear .

6F45C0A3 4385 436C 905E 9B07D2D3BC6D

1st September is the official date although it’s been at my local stations for a few weeks now.

Compatibility checkper below - what’s not clear .

View attachment 242282
I checked it. So as of this page anything newer than 2008 e10 safe to use. But the radio/news said anything newer that 2011 safe to use the fuel. I'm going to stick with super I think..... Don't want to be messing with something that isn't broke lol....
Thanks for the help....

I checked it. So as of this page anything newer than 2008 e10 safe to use. But the radio/news said anything newer that 2011 safe to use the fuel. I'm going to stick with super I think..... Don't want to be messing with something that isn't broke lol....
Thanks for the help....
No problem - 2011 is the date from which all new petrol cars had to be compatible with E10.

Some manufactures had already made the required changes, in some cases many years prior to this

Reactions: Carl75
I had to put Gulf 95Ron e10 in my RS6 yesterday to get back from the Scottish highlands, no super close by. Cat ran fine but has always had super in it since I've owned it. Did notice as a lot are saying seemed to use more than on the drive home but that's no bad thing as ill be filling up with good old Esso 99 Ron e5 over the weekend.

Reactions: NevMan and Carl75
For most e10 isn’t going to be a problem even in older cars. From what I read and some of the info on classic/old cars is e10 can’t react like a solvent and can dissolve/break down old rubber hoses/pipe then it could clog injectors and stuff but this won’t happen overnight. It will happen over a longer term.

I used BP Ultimate for the first few weeks in the S4 but something didn't feel right, so I changed to ESSO 99 and the car runs great.