new dv/recirc

BennybS3

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new DV or recirc for the s3...I was borderline going get the forge recirc valve until I saw that this could cause damage to the turbo,is that correct? What aftermarket ones are people running on theirs?

I like the flutter sound that a recirc makes but obv don't wanna put too much strain or damage to the turbo

I never thought the fully recirc would add any damage to your turbo, that's what I've got on mine,,, the forge blow off valves can damage your turbo Apparently though, forge is expensive for what you get I think but I got mine used

Where did you read that a Forge DV could damage your turbo?

Obviously my car hasn't read that yet!

Seriously though,what can damage the turbo is being run at or beyond its safe limits and that's sometimes associated with aftermarket gear but not caused by it.

70k miles and counting.....

try a GFB DV+ i had a read around and they seem to fit onto your stock one and have been recommended by a lot of people. and only around £100 or cheaper if in the classifieds.

Reactions: S3Alex
Where did you read that a Forge DV could damage your turbo?

Obviously my car hasn't read that yet!

Seriously though,what can damage the turbo is being run at or beyond its safe limits and that's sometimes associated with aftermarket gear but not caused by it.

70k miles and counting.....

Good old social media mate lol

What unit are you using on yours? I pref want the recirculating valve as I want the flutter sound but then I also want what's best for the s3...

Reactions: S3Alex
You're thinking of the valve with the atmospheric spacer which makes a bit of a noise.

It's not going to do any harm but the ECU on the car measures air mass and losing some may confuse the ECU slightly with respect to air metering.
It does also use MAP and AFR to determine fuelling so it really isn't much of an issue.

I didn't think your would get the flutter sound off a BOV or recirc valve, the flutter sound usually comes from your intake from what I've seen in the past

My recirc gives off a little hiss, when my brother put a BOV on his 1.8t gold he lost most of the flutter from his induction

I'm assuming that will give you a nice long cchhhhuuushhhh noise not my thing but some people love them, most of your sound will come from the induction, unfortunately I wanted the flutter turbo sound like on other turbo cars but couldn't get it :/

This thing can be used either as a dump valve or a diverter valve.

If you vent the valve to atmosphere,on throttle closure you'll get the sort of Psssst sound you're talking about.
If you use it in recirculating mode(As VAG would intend),the you don't.

Either way,all those claims of high volumes etc discharged quickly are unneccessary,as the Forge DV on mine copes perfectly well with the demands of a 600bhp engine.
These cars are designed to work with a recirculating system.

If you want a Gfb dv+ I was going to take mine out. ,car is going in a few months, but can easy take it out if you want to buy it ? Boxed with bolts etc ...

Go for the gfb dv+, most of us are running them, great bit of kit, boost longer and quicker and there is no adaptions to pipework or electrics.Totally reliable too.

Reactions: Pex