1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New disks for the front and back.

BigjoeC Sep 29, 2016

1. BigjoeC

BigjoeC Member Team Daytona TDi Audi A6

Hi guys can anyone recommend a good brand to go with. Got quite a lip on the front and back now and when I recently had the car serviced at Audi they recommended I get new disks and pads.

:)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. niedzial1983

niedzial1983 Active Member

I went for pagid pads and rotors 2 months ago from eurocarparts . Happy with them so far

If you change disks i would recommend getting new pads as well

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

4. Retroman

Retroman Audi A3 2010 Sportback 2.0 TDI 170 (CBBB engine)

Again, for normal road use I use Pagid and have done on several cars. Good, premium quality, aftermarket brand via Euro Car Parts. Replaced front and back on my A3 back in August, vented 312mm front discs and solid 255mm rear discs (plus all pads) and the total (DIY) was around £160.

5. gianton

gianton New Member

I went for ATE disks and pads very good quality.

6. RC944

RC944 Guest

i went oe Audi you can get them at decent prices if you look around

7. Pyeman

Pyeman Member VCDS Map User Audi S3 TDi quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Stock disc's with EBC yellow at the moment.

I have 6 pot Brembo's ( Audi A8 setup) waiting to go on. I will do the same, stock disc's with EBC yellow.

joedredd likes this.
  8. Crossmax

Crossmax Member

Have put Delphi disc's and pads on mine...can't tell the difference between them and Audi OEM stuff.

9. joedredd

joedredd 2009 S4 just love it VCDS Map User

Is the A8 set up a straight swap? Be interested to see some more info on this

10. Pyeman

Yep. A8 hubs are the same as the A6.

Not cheap tho, cost me £600 just for the calipers.

11. joedredd

That's good to hear, looking at fitting S6 set up but the A8 sounds better. Is there anything else needed to do this?

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Pyeman

No just disc's and pads!! :rock::rock::rock:

14. joedredd

Not even different carriers, bonus. Will they fit under 18" wheels? and what size discs you using? Sorry for all the questions. Have you got any photos showing this set up?

15. Pyeman

You should get the carriers with the calipers. If not then you may need carriers.

You can go up to 385mm disc's.

I have 19's and know it will be a tight fit, so don't think 18's will be big enough. I don't have any pic's as mine aren't fitted yet.

Look here for more info.......................http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/

joedredd likes this.
  16. joedredd

I already have 347x30mm fitted, so it's gonna be close to get 385 in there. Wonder if anyone has a spare caliper/ disc I could try first ???

17. joedredd

Well that's confirmed. Unable to fit any larger brakes unless I get 19" wheels and considering I've just bought new tyres only 2 months ago that won't be happening.

Thanks for the help Pyeman, you've saved me some money lol

18. Pyeman

No probs.

Double check, I have a friend that is running TT RS 370mm disc's and calipers with 18's. It would just depend on the caliper size. 380mm is only 14.9 inches, you have another 3 inches to play with!!!

19. niedzial1983

niedzial1983 Active Member

Whats the reason for upgrade ? Are you doing any track days etc ?

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

20. Pyeman

For me, its scene points.

21. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

You may be able to physically fit the disc and put the wheel on, but the caliper is what fouls not the disc. You can put 365/370mm discs on an 18 inch wheel but it is close. Any bigger and the caliper will be hitting the rim.

22. Pyeman

I didn't know that. Thanks for teaching me how to suck eggs.

As I stated, it would depend on caliper size!! Caliper choice is key.

I've have friends and myself, built loads with fag paper caps with calipers and its all worked fine.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  23. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual Le Mans Edition

I got Delphi discs and pads fitted to all corners about 200miles ago and so far good.
    Been advised discs are better than Pagid or few others from ECP and might change another set of pads before they'll wear off.
    Been quoted over 1k from the stealership but after emission recall they offered me half the price. Been quoted exactly the same from a local garage for these Delphi as supposed to the standard OEMs.
    Might be wrong (me or the guy who said so) but hope not

24. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

25. KrisKrk

KrisKrk A6 C6 4F 2010 LeMans Avant Gold Supporter S-line owners group TDi Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group Manual Le Mans Edition

Oh ohhhh! Someone made me look like a fool now. Lol
    Thank you Hazwould. Will keep it in mind.
    Who is that list made by, by the way?

26. KrisKrk

Ok, got it.
    It is made by ECP according to their recommendations, expected life span by manufacturers or their sales.
    Wish it would be voted by real users.

27. BigjoeC

BigjoeC Member Team Daytona TDi Audi A6

Went with Pagid all around in the end. £400 for the front and back plus new brake pads.

KrisKrk likes this.
  28. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User S-line owners group quattro Audi A6 Audi A3 Audi Avant Owner Group S tronic

KrisKrk, niedzial1983 and Gazwould like this.
  29. RC944

RC944 Guest

im not 100% sure but i believe that zimmermann did/do make the oe discs for the c6 s6

i went for the oe in the end but the car is used for general purposes not for hooning and so far they have been fine although the standard pad/disc combo i expect trades off performance vs longevity

30. Stickystuff

Stickystuff Active Member

I know this is an old thread, but regarding OE manufacturers etc.

But considering the main 3 that I can think of I would think that these are the better quality.

ATE. TRW and brembo,
    Delphi and Bosch do also manufacture brake systems but no as common as the previous 3.

The list writes by ECP is biased especially as their Textar stuff is way more expensive than the rest of the stuff.

In terms of quality I’ve fitted Mintex and Pagid in the past. I’d say these are probably the best compromise of cost and quality but it’s all personal preference at the end of the day.

I’ve got mintext pads and discs on my Touareg conversion and so far I’ve done juat under 40k and the discs barely have a lip and the pads have around 60% wear. A lot of motorway miles when I first installed them but for the last year I’ve done a lot more local driving so they are good on the wear front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk