New disks for the front and back.

BigjoeC

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone recommend a good brand to go with. Got quite a lip on the front and back now and when I recently had the car serviced at Audi they recommended I get new disks and pads.

:)

I went for pagid pads and rotors 2 months ago from eurocarparts . Happy with them so far

If you change disks i would recommend getting new pads as well

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

Again, for normal road use I use Pagid and have done on several cars. Good, premium quality, aftermarket brand via Euro Car Parts. Replaced front and back on my A3 back in August, vented 312mm front discs and solid 255mm rear discs (plus all pads) and the total (DIY) was around £160.

I went for ATE disks and pads very good quality.

i went oe Audi you can get them at decent prices if you look around

Stock disc's with EBC yellow at the moment.

I have 6 pot Brembo's ( Audi A8 setup) waiting to go on. I will do the same, stock disc's with EBC yellow.

Reactions: joedredd
Have put Delphi disc's and pads on mine...can't tell the difference between them and Audi OEM stuff.

Stock disc's with EBC yellow at the moment.

I have 6 pot Brembo's ( Audi A8 setup) waiting to go on. I will do the same, stock disc's with EBC yellow.

Is the A8 set up a straight swap? Be interested to see some more info on this

Is the A8 set up a straight swap? Be interested to see some more info on this

Yep. A8 hubs are the same as the A6.

Not cheap tho, cost me £600 just for the calipers.

You should get the carriers with the calipers. If not then you may need carriers.

You can go up to 385mm disc's.

I have 19's and know it will be a tight fit, so don't think 18's will be big enough. I don't have any pic's as mine aren't fitted yet.

Look here for more info.......................http://audi.7zap.com/en/rdw/

Reactions: joedredd
I already have 347x30mm fitted, so it's gonna be close to get 385 in there. Wonder if anyone has a spare caliper/ disc I could try first ???

Well that's confirmed. Unable to fit any larger brakes unless I get 19" wheels and considering I've just bought new tyres only 2 months ago that won't be happening.

Thanks for the help Pyeman, you've saved me some money lol

Well that's confirmed. Unable to fit any larger brakes unless I get 19" wheels and considering I've just bought new tyres only 2 months ago that won't be happening.

Thanks for the help Pyeman, you've saved me some money lol

No probs.

Double check, I have a friend that is running TT RS 370mm disc's and calipers with 18's. It would just depend on the caliper size. 380mm is only 14.9 inches, you have another 3 inches to play with!!!

Whats the reason for upgrade ? Are you doing any track days etc ?

2006 Audi A6 3.0TDI quattro sline le mans | Daytona Grey Pearl

No probs.

Double check, I have a friend that is running TT RS 370mm disc's and calipers with 18's. It would just depend on the caliper size. 380mm is only 14.9 inches, you have another 3 inches to play with!!!
You may be able to physically fit the disc and put the wheel on, but the caliper is what fouls not the disc. You can put 365/370mm discs on an 18 inch wheel but it is close. Any bigger and the caliper will be hitting the rim.

You may be able to physically fit the disc and put the wheel on, but the caliper is what fouls not the disc. You can put 365/370mm discs on an 18 inch wheel but it is close. Any bigger and the caliper will be hitting the rim.

I didn't know that. Thanks for teaching me how to suck eggs.

As I stated, it would depend on caliper size!! Caliper choice is key.

I've have friends and myself, built loads with fag paper caps with calipers and its all worked fine.

Last edited:
I got Delphi discs and pads fitted to all corners about 200miles ago and so far good.
Been advised discs are better than Pagid or few others from ECP and might change another set of pads before they'll wear off.
Been quoted over 1k from the stealership but after emission recall they offered me half the price. Been quoted exactly the same from a local garage for these Delphi as supposed to the standard OEMs.
Might be wrong (me or the guy who said so) but hope not

I got Delphi discs and pads fitted to all corners about 200miles ago and so far good.
Been advised discs are better than Pagid or few others from ECP and might change another set of pads before they'll wear off.
Been quoted over 1k from the stealership but after emission recall they offered me half the price. Been quoted exactly the same from a local garage for these Delphi as supposed to the standard OEMs.
Might be wrong (me or the guy who said so) but hope not

64c1b501-b951-41ea-9cd0-1b4764125e71-jpg.63192

Went with Pagid all around in the end. £400 for the front and back plus new brake pads.

Reactions: KrisKrk
im not 100% sure but i believe that zimmermann did/do make the oe discs for the c6 s6

i went for the oe in the end but the car is used for general purposes not for hooning and so far they have been fine although the standard pad/disc combo i expect trades off performance vs longevity

I know this is an old thread, but regarding OE manufacturers etc.

But considering the main 3 that I can think of I would think that these are the better quality.

ATE. TRW and brembo,
Delphi and Bosch do also manufacture brake systems but no as common as the previous 3.

The list writes by ECP is biased especially as their Textar stuff is way more expensive than the rest of the stuff.

In terms of quality I’ve fitted Mintex and Pagid in the past. I’d say these are probably the best compromise of cost and quality but it’s all personal preference at the end of the day.

I’ve got mintext pads and discs on my Touareg conversion and so far I’ve done juat under 40k and the discs barely have a lip and the pads have around 60% wear. A lot of motorway miles when I first installed them but for the last year I’ve done a lot more local driving so they are good on the wear front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve used textar once and wasn’t impressed.

although I’m under the impression they are under a bigger company called TMD friction.

quick google shows TMD friction own textar, pagid, Mintex, Don and Cobreq.

brembo in my opinion are the best OEM brake manufacturer.

I’ve used comline discs before, I used comline discs on my TT running V6 brakes, and they brake well with the yellowstuff pads and coped with a trackday no problems, I’ve got a 360mm set up to go on something and that’s got comline discs too.