New discs and pads for 2015 C7 3.0tdi 272 PS

paultaylor

Reaction score
Would anyone have any recommendations on new discs and pads both front and rear for model as per title?

I can only find ones for the pre facelift 245PS version but are they both 345mm at the front?

Thanks.
5f642fb41d3e3aee102367542fd5b58d.jpg

Drop Balance Motorsport a line. I’ve used them in the past and they are very helpful / knowledgeable :)

You need 356mm or something like that don’t you?

Thanks for all the replies.

I’ll measure current discs and see what they are.

As it’s a family car with me give it the occasional blast when driving on my own I’m looking for a good non track road use only discs and pads replacement.

I need new discs/pads as well on my 2014 BiTDi and I'm also finding it difficult. My front braking system is 1LL which I think is 356mm.
Tried the usual suspects, ECP, GSF, carparts4less.

I was only to Audi parts and they confirmed 345mm x 30mm front discs

Have a look in your service book, build numbers first page - if they are 345 you will see 1LP or 1LJ. If 356mm 1LF or 1LL.
Not having much luck with my 356mm system!

£1200 wow ecp want 150 for 356mm discs and pads . Audi want 200 a disc didn`t bother asking about the pads lol

guessing yours a little special from your sig

Last edited:
yes had to ring them as they are not listed on their site mister auto do ATE for about £200 for a front set of discs and pads when they have their offers on

oh had to be put through to my local ECP as the regional phone line was Useless

Just changed the front and rear discs & pads on my 2015 facelift 272 s-line as the OP - I couldn't wait to get rid of the dust producing items that it came with. The front pads turned out to be Brembo OE and the rears were Bosch aftermarket.
On my previous B8 A4 I had EBC red stuff pads all round and EBC USR slotted discs.
I recommend the red stuff pads as they are ceramic, low dust, wear well (including disc) and perform well in my opinion, even on the heavier A6.
The USR discs however I feel are overpriced and whilst looked good I suspect a little unnecessary (and slightly louder).
I wanted to avoid an aftermarket look on the A6 so went with Zimmermann discs - they are an original equipment manufacturer, so as good as genuine at nearly half the cost, although I did have to wait as they came from Germany. The Zimmermann discs have a "Z-Coating" to delay rust too - so far so good, but its early days.
I'd recommend this set up for Original Equipment quality and look, improved durability at reduced cost.

Part numbers and sizes for the OPs 272 with 4 pot Brembo calipers:
EBC Redstuff Front Pads - DP32168C (£66 Ebay)
Zimmermann Frt Discs (345 x 30mm, Codes 1LP & 1LJ) - 100.3356.20 (£114 AutoDoc)
EBC Redstuff Rear Pads - DP32082C (£68 Ebay)
Zimmermann Rr Discs (330 x 30mm, Codes 2EA, 2EE & 2EJ) - 100.3358.20 £92 Autodoc)

The BiTDI runs 356 disc that are also wider on the front, but I believe the rears are the same.

Hope that's some help,
Ian

Last edited:
Reactions: Roohul and Spiedhermonkey
Just changed the front and rear discs & pads on my 2015 facelift 272 s-line as the OP - I couldn't wait to get rid of the dust producing items that it came with. The front pads turned out to be Brembo OE and the rears were Bosch aftermarket.
On my previous B8 A4 I had EBC red stuff pads all round and EBC USR slotted discs.
I recommend the red stuff pads as they are ceramic, low dust, wear well (including disc) and perform well in my opinion, even on the heavier A6.
The USR discs however I feel are overpriced and whilst looked good I suspect a little unnecessary (and slightly louder).
I wanted to avoid an aftermarket look on the A6 so went with Zimmermann discs - they are an original equipment manufacturer, so as good as genuine at nearly half the cost, although I did have to wait as they came from Germany. The Zimmermann discs have a "Z-Coating" to delay rust too - so far so good, but its early days.
I'd recommend this set up for Original Equipment quality and look, improved durability at reduced cost.

Part numbers and sizes for the OPs 272 with 4 pot Brembo calipers:
EBC Redstuff Front Pads - DP32168C (£66 Ebay)
Zimmermann Frt Discs (345 x 30mm, Codes 1LP & 1LJ) - 100.3356.20 (£114 AutoDoc)
EBC Redstuff Rear Pads - DP32082C (£68 Ebay)
Zimmermann Rr Discs (330 x 30mm, Codes 2EA, 2EE & 2EJ) - 100.3358.20 £92 Autodoc)

The BiTDI runs 356 disc that are also wider on the front, but I believe the rears are the same.

Hope that's some help,
Ian

Superb. Cheers Ian.

I’ll run with that.

Keep us updated on how they perform.

Thanks but I think I’m restricted to 345mm by 30mm

My next purchase will be a BiTdi so I should get them for that!

Prob won’t be until 2020 though.