New Dealer in Northumberland

So if us southerners came to Cambridge, would it just be a custom unicorn map loaded? What about testing the map on a rolling road etc? Also would you be able to load switchable maps via the cruise control stalk?

You technically don't need a RR for mapping, unless you want the before and after graph. All that is required is a straight/level stretch of dual carriageway with national speed limit and ideally a roundabout at each end.

I may just go directly to Rick if this does not go ahead/finalised within the next couple of weeks - the stock DSG map is getting on my nerves :(

Reactions: S. and Mario8P
You technically don't need a RR for mapping, unless you want the before and after graph. All that is required is a straight/level stretch of dual carriageway with national speed limit and ideally a roundabout at each end.

I may just go directly to Rick if this does not go ahead/finalised within the next couple of weeks - the stock DSG map is getting on my nerves :(
Totally agree with leshkin here!
Rick @ unicorn can sort your tuning needs remotely.

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH
Hi chaps, after every map the car will be datalogged (driven by you), the logs analysed by me (along with using my head and driver feedback of course), If there are changes required they will be done fast and relogged, I'd say 3 revisions max on a well developed base but 99% will be fine from the get go.

I think Rick has aspirations to be there also, but we need a turnout! :)

To give some background on me, I was the first person to 'correctly' datalogg Volvo ME7 using my own built tool, so I can interpenetrate logs and re-map cars using original 'invested' in tools , as well as providing detailed feedback to Rick and even guidance at times ;).

I'm no flasher running around with fake tools FYI :)

Last edited:
Reactions: leshkin, S. and Mario8P
So if us southerners came to Cambridge, would it just be a custom unicorn map loaded? What about testing the map on a rolling road etc? Also would you be able to load switchable maps via the cruise control stalk?

Cambridge isn't set in Stone it's a reasonable drive for me and you South Lads, I think, so it makes sense?

Yes multi-switching is available via Rick, it does depend on he car though so I'll ask him to answer.

There is no plans for a rolling road, I offered to pop down to help out we can't drag that monster with us :) There may be a solution if we get numbers though.

Would be great to have a meet of sorts going around this. I'd prefer to do it in Cambridge, but not sure we can get enough people interested within a reasonable time.

Anyway, I'm definitely up for this if we can get a group big enough.

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH and Mario8P
I''m up for it, will give a passenger ride or two my self tuned b8 s4, shockingly fast lol.

OK, so I've give it two weeks, I'll close it, count , speak to Rick and talk it from there fair enough? - He's busy at present workshop adjustments FYI,

Reactions: leshkin
My car is currently off the road having work done at amd (bad timing) misfire on cylinder 3 and a delay from the Ecu requesting boost to it being delivered and then over boosting , so I'll have to see what numbers it comes back with and how much the bill is

My car is currently off the road having work done at amd (bad timing) misfire on cylinder 3 and a delay from the Ecu requesting boost to it being delivered and then over boosting , so I'll have to see what numbers it comes back with and how much the bill is

That doesn't sound good, tried an injector swap?

come on folks beat those drums let's get a turn out to make it happen!

Totally agree with leshkin here!
Rick @ unicorn can sort your tuning needs remotely.

Even if he's not there I will be, so don't worry I know how it works down to the bit level. Driver feedback as well as logs is all we need, to customise it.

Reactions: Mario8P
Any 5 or more Scottish bookings for next weekendd (OBD flash) will receive some discount (need to speak with Rick and he's nose deep, but lets get it rolling!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll travel most likely if there's five and a good spot. Same rules/thoughts for the southerners.

Wanna map, want it customised? Step up :)

Reactions: leshkin
Are there maps available for other Audi platforms? I'm sure we could get more people interested if we put the word out in other forum sections.

Yes, but I'd have to ask Rick will get him to respond here

Any 5 or more Scottish bookings for next weekendd (OBD flash) will receive some discount (need to speak with Rick and he's nose deep, but lets get it rolling!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll travel most likely if there's five and a good spot. Same rules/thoughts for the southerners.

Wanna map, want it customised? Step up :)
Bump I'll assume ric will be happy with stage 1's, B8 s4 for example.

Yeah come back with a report etc just waiting for amd to get back to me hopefully that will solve the misfire then it's on to the boost delay and overboost

What did the report say?

Don't no yet amd will tell me when I pick the car up ,tbh I won't no what I'm looking at long as its running right is all I'm worried about lol
Just make sure they check the bores it's likely that you were running lean on one cylinder,

Cambridge isn't set in Stone it's a reasonable drive for me and you South Lads, I think, so it makes sense?

Yes multi-switching is available via Rick, it does depend on he car though so I'll ask him to answer.

There is no plans for a rolling road, I offered to pop down to help out we can't drag that monster with us :) There may be a solution if we get numbers though.

I've never had a car mapped before and thought a rolling road was needed to test the map but if not then I guess my comment is irrelevant.

If I decide to get a Stage 1 map and then at a later date decided to fit an CAI, would this cause running problems or should the Stage 1 map cope with the CAI?

I've never had a car mapped before and thought a rolling road was needed to test the map but if not then I guess my comment is irrelevant.

If I decide to get a Stage 1 map and then at a later date decided to fit an CAI, would this cause running problems or should the Stage 1 map cope with the CAI?

It's really depend on the car, I'll let Rick answer, I just emailed him in order to catchup on here, buy he's been busy we know.

Rollling road is good, I've mapped dozens of cars onroad though, no problems, IAT's will be lowever for a start. If it's a fully custom jobby then both should be employed.

No problem at all fitting a CAI after a Stage 1 map, it will complement it. Fitting a full exhaust system is a different matter, as you could well start to run out of fuel due to the increased airflow.

Rick

Reactions: John@ECM-TECH
So how many we got? It's looking like a no-go for the time being :(

I'm still up for a DSG map, but it's not looking good on the numbers :(

No, it is not. OK so lets close it. If you get 8 then it should be ok anytime in the future.

I tried :)

Starting my TTE420 build now so I will hopefully start saving up to come down for the TTE420 map from yourself John@ECM-TECH :)

Aiming to get all the hardware for October (Birthday Turbo sounds good ;) ) and get down November time with any luck

Reactions: S3Alex
Hi, sorry a bit late! Going to be getting my first Audi this week, 08 2.0 TDI 140 and was thinking of getting remapped to 170/180. Was wondering if you managed to get set up as im based near Newcastle. Heard good things on here!

Sorry to dig up old thread but is a Berwick map stage 1 & dsg map still possible for S3 8v pfl? Really interested and price if poss?
Cheers for help
D

geez, tragic news thanks for letting me know, sorry for posting here suggest thread is closed for respect.
Thoughts with all family and friends.
D