• 1CH: DR750S-1CH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2CH: DR650S-2CH

Votes: 6 100.0%

• Total voters

Lehn

Reaction score
Hi all

Since my DR450-1CH chose to malfunction I'm now getting some money back from the company where I bought it. I've decided to upgrade but the question is should I take the older version and go 2ch or the new version and go 1ch?

Both options cost the same but I don't know if the rear facing 720p camera is worth it over 60fps and better night mode?

I lean more to the 1ch option with the latest DR750S because I'm already parking with the front facing out but I do also know this doesn't help me when others are parked behind me along the roadside.

Let me hear your opinions.

Why not look at a different manufacturer if you've had problems with Blackvue in the past?

I'm not going to vote - this choice is entirely up to you! Only you know what's right for your circumstances, needs and budget. Not sure what asking other people will achieve!

I just like the design of the Blackvue and a faulty unit is what happens. Overall I was more than satisfied with the Blackvue.

If someone would say "I've had both DR650 and DR750 and I can't see a difference" then it would make me think twice - that's why I'm asking.

Personally the Thinkware F800 pro 2ch is a superb system!

Reactions: DJAlix
Yeah, I have the Thinkware F770, after previously having the Blackvue DR-650GW-2CH. The Thinkware is a better unit IMO.

Reactions: DJAlix
I would choose 2ch over 1ch. Better to jave slightly lower quality of any kind of eventual proof than nothing at all.

Reading and seeing reviews of cam set ups from both mentioned manufacturers proves they are not far from each other but have different design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve always had Blackvues, and never had an issue.

I’m currently on the 650-2Ch with no issues. The 750 has the better camera specification, and better nighttime performance.

Their new one, the 900 series, is released this month l believe.

Here is a comparison of 650 to 750

Reactions: Lehn
The latest thinkware F800 and the Blackvue 750 share the same lens. However the thinkware has improved night vision. One thing I would say is the Blackvue has a better connection / user experience with their mobile apps and has the cloud live view sorted - which can be very useful. Despite Thinkware offering a cloud function, its only on the top of the range Pro model and has very limited functionality. So in short not much use at present !

If you like the Blackvue, stick with it. You wont go far wrong. Only choice then is 650 vs 750. Newer 750 would be a no brainer if you asked ne!

@Rob2k68 has jumped from 650 to 750 so can prob add more substance.

Jungle

Reactions: Lehn