1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New DA + Poorboys Black Hole + G3 wax =

S32B Aug 8, 2015

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

Well I'm happy with the result considering this was the first time I've used a DA :) (apart from a quick go on the bonnet the day I got it).

I snow foamed the car and then washed with AG shampoo, dried it off with a drying towel. Then decided as it was a nice day to get the DA out and do the entire car with poorboys and then G3 wax to finish.

This video shows the before and after:

And the final results after the G3 had been added:

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. ash-k

ash-k Guest

Nice....

4. Scottyg

Scottyg Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A3 S tronic

That looks stunning. Black cars looking amazing when they are like that but a ****** to keep that way.

I loved Black Hole when I had my black Insignia. I topped it with Dodo Juice Purple Haze or PB EX-P Sealant.

The DA makes the job so much easier as well. Just remember if you're applying finishing products to keep it at its slowest setting and use no weight on the actual polisher.

5. S32B

Cheers mate, I know what you mean about keeping it clean! White for me next time. I applied the G3 wax via hand with the sponge applicator it comes with. I spread the Black Hole out at the lowest speed on the DA and then cranked it up to half way to polish it in...correct way?

6. Scottyg

:respekt:If I'm applying a glaze, liquid wax or sealant I just keep it at its lowest setting. I've know idea if that's the correct way either but it get results. I think if it works for you with turning it up then go with it and the results back that up.
    Due to my back condition I always apply a liquid wax, didn't use to but now do as I can get it done on a finishing pad with the DA much faster.
    Using the Simoniz QD Wax has been a god send as well as its simply a spray on and wipe off and keeps the protection topped up on the car. Plus as I've said, it's cheap!
    If you keep getting those results I wouldn't change what you're doing. :rockwoot:

7. S32B

Cheers mate, I got a bottle of that Simoniz QD from Home and bargain the other day, £3.49 I'll give it a go after the next wash ;)

8. Scottyg

:sign plug:At that price it's great.

9. Supa Koopa

Supa Koopa Well-Known Member Team Glacier Audi S3 quattro S tronic

Just a sanity check question.

Can you use a DA and Poor boys black hole as often as you like as I believe the black hole has no cut whatsoever. So if you had a DA, finishing pad and black hole you could do it every couple of months when you needed to wax it and it wouldn't affect the paint?

I have the same car more or less as S32B so would be good to know.

10. Scottyg

Yes. It's just a glaze. Some fillers in it but no cutting properties at all. I used it on a finishing pad on the DA.

11. WillC8

WillC8 Member

Looks amazing, need to really do my car before winter….