new clutch?

rwellfair

Reaction score
i have the a4 avent 1.8 t 190 phb 2004 .. what are the signs of a clutch on its way? bescuse atm everytime i put my foot down and we hit around 4000revs its seems to pulse and teh car rocks backwords and forwards slightly . slows it down to.. just not sure? going to have it in for a look asap

I had mine done also on a 190t it's not cheap. Clutch,flywheel,master cylinder use someone you trust is my only advice.

Might be the case since I think your peak torque will be around 4k rpm, which is when its most likely to slip.

To test this, find a nice empty, straight stretch of A road, put it a high gear at low-ish speed (so about 40mph in 5th or 45mph in 6th) and then floor it....

Keep an eye on the revs - if they climb at the same rate as the speed, then clutch is okay.... if the revs do little surges ahead and then drop back down to the normal levels, then clutch is slipping....

thanks for this.. the last car i sold 6 onth ago the clutch went! cost me £1000 so i guess im looking at the same again! maybe my mrs is ridin the clutch?

tps do a cluch kit for a 2.0 t for £222.32 if your not trade if trade £127.83

but last time it was a duel mass flywheel as well that needed doing at that was around £600 on its own!

was just trying to sofen the blow mate lol i dont have a price on flywheels here ;-(

I am just in the middle of fitting a clutch to mine at present. The LUK kit for mine was £134 the DMF was done less than a year ago. garage quoted £650 for the lot on a 1.9TDI so yours may vary slightly from that in price. Job is straightforward DIY but you will need a transmission jack unless you are a body builder type. The gearbox is heavy. I wouldn't expect the price to be a £1000 unless you take it to Audi Main Dealers. If the clutch is slipping you should be able to smell it.
Edit
ECP list yours at £115 for the clutch and £334 for the dual mass flywheel.

Last edited:
thanks for the info my last clutch was on a 53 plate 2.2 sri vectra it was about £750 parts £200 odd labour a day and a bits work! i did that test thta someone said and all seems fine.. have it booked in next week so can update for you guys

thanks