New car

NatalieBx

Reaction score
Ok so I'm in the process of completing my order for an A3 (although I'm hearing the S3 is a lot better) anyway I've specced it all up and was told I'd get delivery by April. Then I see rumours online that there's a facelift coming out this year. So now I'm in a dilemma, do I go ahead with this order because I'm impatient or would you wait and see if they do release a facelift? I'm just worried that they won't unveil it for ages and all the time id be waiting I could have had a new car! Also the car would be on a 3 year lease so it's not like I'd be stuck with it forever if they did bring a facelift out. I just don't know what to do.

Someone else has posted a similar question on this sorry can't remember the title...
At the moment you are likely to get a better financial deal on a new A3. If they are bringing out a 'facelift' model you are less likely to get such a good deal as they won't want to undervalue it..If I was you I would get one now and don't worry about the 'facelift[' model as there won't be much difference in looks or technology..
Good luck and let us all know what you decide..:friends:

Live for the moment :D

Was in a similar train of thought to yourself. I just went for it though!

Say the model is announced in the summer months, you could well be looking at the winter before delivery.

Imagine the enjoyment you could have out of your new car in all that time. When in reality, unless an Audi enthusiast, Joe public would probabaly notice no difference between the models.

Reactions: pburv
Facelift might go into production September and if that were the case I'm guessing delivery could be end Oct / early Nov ... so would also depend if you can be bothered to wait for the facelift as would add approx half a year wait to your lead time.

I thought about this myself as I placed my order late December last year.
I just went for it personally I couldn't be bothered waiting I bought the car because I liked the way it looked and drove? So why wait for something different?
Also my current Vxr has its first Mot due on the 1st September and I don't want to be paying anything else out on that car seeing as I'm getting rid.

Thanks so much for everyone's replies.
I think I'll probably go for it, I'm not too bothered about anything changing as in performance or subtle shape changes, I'm most bothered about the lights because I really like the matrix style lights if it's true that they're coming. But like I said I'd only have the car for a 3 year lease so by the time this car comes out id probably only have 2 years left on my lease and that's not a long time to wait if I really wanted the facelift version, plus by then it might be a bit cheaper (lol)

Reactions: Rob2k68, batch and pburv
Dealers usually try and tempt you into another pcp deal a couple of years in so like you said won't be much of a wait for the facelift model...:friends:

I think I'll probably go for it, I'm not too bothered about anything changing as in performance or subtle shape changes, I'm most bothered about the lights because I really like the matrix style lights if it's true that they're coming. But like I said I'd only have the car for a 3 year lease so by the time this car comes out id probably only have 2 years left on my lease and that's not a long time to wait if I really wanted the facelift version, plus by then it might be a bit cheaper (lol)
Good decision...
Oh and welcome to the forum Natalie!

Reactions: NatalieBx
On recent evidence of Audi product cycles, it should be a quarter 4 launch of this year with deliveries early 2017.

If you research recent face lift cycles of Q3, A6, A7 etc they have all followed the same pattern.

Good decision...
Oh and welcome to the forum Natalie!

Thank you very much, glad I found this site so I can ask questions instead of searching google. Super lazy lol

New led headlights will be standard from Sline models upwards with a option of adding Matrix LEDs that's almost certain New styled rear led tail lights will also be added,new bumpers new front grill too
And a few new optional extras added to the list, the Geneva motor show will no doubt have the new A3/S3 on show in March

On recent evidence of Audi product cycles, it should be a quarter 4 launch of this year with deliveries early 2017.

If you research recent face lift cycles of Q3, A6, A7 etc they have all followed the same pattern.

I hope so because if it came out as soon as I got mine I'd be a bit annoyed that I didn't wait, but I don't want to wait a year for the new one so I've pretty much made my mind up that I'm going to get the current version.

New led headlights will be standard from Sline models upwards with a option of adding Matrix LEDs that's almost certain New styled rear led tail lights will also be added,new bumpers new front grill too
And a few new optional extras added to the list, the Geneva motor show will no doubt have the new A3/S3 on show in March

So would you wait?

Not much of a change then Jassy....
giphy-4.gif
lol

Reactions: NatalieBx and Jassyo06
I'm in Manchester, where's everyone else from? Is everyone from the UK here or all over?
All over the place! I'm in Surrey, loads of ladies and gents up in north though. Look up N8 Kowalski who's in Sale, for any cleaning/styling/modification needs. Personal friend and superb bloke!

All over the place! I'm in Surrey, loads of ladies and gents up in north though. Look up N8 Kowalski who's in Sale, for any cleaning/styling/modification needs. Personal friend and superb bloke!

Sale is where I'm originally from! And my mum still lives there, small world hey. Thanks

Reactions: batch
Is your car on a Audi pcp deal or company/private lease as you state it's over a 3 year period,Audi pcp deals are normally over a 4 year period
Would l wait can't answer thahttp://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/2016-facelift-rumours.256029/page-4#post-2618186t but l will be placing an order for the newer car come late spring

Gosh I'm so undecided about what to do, one minute it seems a good idea and the next it doesn't. It's a private lease not Audi pcp so I will be handing it back at the end and hoping to get another one probably depending how much I like the car.

speak with your dealer, but they probabaly know nothing of it (as I found out)

Yeah I thought that, they probably wouldn't tell me even if they knew, after all they just want the sale now.

My next question to you all will be, what colour does everyone recommend? I liked silver at first and then black but now I'm leaning towards white. I'm getting the A3 sportback S line as its at the top half of my budget so I can't really afford the S3. And my question after that will be, which suspension should I get? I've heard the lowest one is uncomfortable so people usually just go for the sports one. What's everyone's opinion?

My next question to you all will be, what colour does everyone recommend? I liked silver at first and then black but now I'm leaning towards white. I'm getting the A3 sportback S line as its at the top half of my budget so I can't really afford the S3. And my question after that will be, which suspension should I get? I've heard the lowest one is uncomfortable so people usually just go for the sports one. What's everyone's opinion?
Drop me a PM and I'll show you Glacier White... Love it! And discuss spec too. What engine are you thinking?

It's a private lease not Audi pcp so I will be handing it back at the end and hoping to get another one probably depending how much I like the car.

Be very careful when considering a private lease. I had a new shape Honda Civic on lease and got stung when we handed it back. The milage we had done over the agreed yearly milage was charges at 15p and really racked up, they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and although I really looked after the car they charges for EVERYTHING for example if you had damage on the alloys more then 3 cm long it was a minimum £50 charge per alloy. Then the guy who came and collected it at the end of the lease damaged it driving it back and they tried to charge us. Luckily we took pictures of the car with the guy in them before it left. Tbh I'd not do another private lease again.

Be very careful when considering a private lease. I had a new shape Honda Civic on lease and got stung when we handed it back. The milage we had done over the agreed yearly milage was charges at 15p and really racked up, they went over the car with a fine tooth comb and although I really looked after the car they charges for EVERYTHING for example if you had damage on the alloys more then 3 cm long it was a minimum £50 charge per alloy. Then the guy who came and collected it at the end of the lease damaged it driving it back and they tried to charge us. Luckily we took pictures of the car with the guy in them before it left. Tbh I'd not do another private lease again.
Yeah done the private lease deal aswell never again and the options you add to the car your actually buying them not leasing them and the cost soon jumps up

Reactions: Trevolly
Go for it you may be dead in 6 months!!! I've just been out in mine with the wife...she hates it when I boot that right pedal "I feel sick" lmao already 11 months into mine and I remember the day I collected, like someone above said after two years they want you in another one anyway....I'll be saying "Yes please"...fantastic car.

Yes my boyfriend has just returned 2 cars from a lease and he had to pay £300 each one. And we also had the issue of the returner driver damaging the car! I know it's probably not everyone's cup of tea but I don't really have any other options. What's the best way to do it? I thought leasing is the cheapest? Am I wrong?

Go for it you may be dead in 6 months!!! I've just been out in mine with the wife...she hates it when I boot that right pedal "I feel sick" lmao already 11 months into mine and I remember the day I collected, like someone above said after two years they want you in another one anyway....I'll be saying "Yes please"...fantastic car.

Thanks so much. I thought that too about being dead, how could I live with my spirit self having never driven the car haha. I can see why your wife hates it lol but only because I get terribly car sick if I'm a passenger of any car, for some reason I don't get it when I'm driving I don't know why. Anyway thanks for the advice I hope I enjoy the car as much as you do and I just hope to god I don't regret not waiting lol.

It seems it initially but as the lease got to the end it really lumped up. We ended up having to pay nearly £800 in extra milage and "damages" even though the guy who collected it said it was one of the best kept leases he had seen.

When we looked at the A3 S Line we got a price from the dealers and then thought we wouldn't be able to afford it. We looked at the route of leasing again and spoke to a company called Synter (I think). They informed us they also sold cars and came up with a price a lot cheaper than the dealer gave us. We took that price to the dealer and they took even more off the Synter price. It's takes some guts to say no it's not a good enough price but it might help u.

Another example of this is after an oil change on the A3 I ended up looking at an S3, more drooling than serious consideration. The dealer jumped on me but said my 9 month old A3 was £3000 in negative. I said ok I'll leave it after they gave us a high price. A few days later the dealer contacted us and said that if we'd put a £2k deposit down the dealer was willing to cover the negative. They were obviously desperate for the sale. I didn't do it because I'm desperately trying to be good and also it was a 3 door.

I think I'm trying to say set a price per month, have a shop around and then tell the dealer your price limit and stick to your guns. You might be lucky (esp if you go for the current model rather than wait for the possible imminent refresh).

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I thought that too about being dead, how could I live with my spirit self having never driven the car haha. I can see why your wife hates it lol but only because I get terribly car sick if I'm a passenger of any car, for some reason I don't get it when I'm driving I don't know why. Anyway thanks for the advice I hope I enjoy the car as much as you do and I just hope to god I don't regret not waiting lol.
lol sounds harsh but!!! My dad went from knowing me to not knowing me from you in a matter of months!!! Live for today ;)

It seems it initially but as the lease got to the end it really lumped up. We ended up having to pay nearly £800 in extra milage and "damages" even though the guy who collected it said it was one of the best kept leases he had seen.

When we looked at the A3 S Line we got a price from the dealers and then thought we wouldn't be able to afford it. We looked at the route of leasing again and spoke to a company called Synter (I think). They informed us they also sold cars and came up with a price a lot cheaper than the dealer gave us. We took that price to the dealer and they took even more off the Synter price. It's takes some guts to say no it's not a good enough price but it might help u.

Another example of this is after an oil change on the A3 I ended up looking at an S3, more drooling than serious consideration. The dealer jumped on me but said my 9 month old A3 was £3000 in negative. I said ok I'll leave it after they gave us a high price. A few days later the dealer contacted us and said that if we'd put a £2k deposit down the dealer was willing to cover the negative. They were obviously desperate for the sale. I didn't do it because I'm desperately trying to be good and also it was a 3 door.

I think I'm trying to say set a price per month, have a shop around and then tell the dealer your price limit and stick to your guns. You might be lucky.

I'm happy at the moment with the proposed price I've got per month for the car and I'm willing to pay it if I can't get it any cheaper. I'm one of these people that thinks I'll deal with the extra charges when it comes to it, maybe it's irresponsible but I'm going to try and stick within the 10000 mile limit otherwise it's 6p per mile. And as for damage I'll obviously try my hardest to not damage it but as we have found out in the past it doesn't always work like that. I guess for leasing to be cheaper they feel they have to add on extra charges I don't know. Thanks anyway for the advice.

lol sounds harsh but!!! My dad went from knowing me to not knowing me from you in a matter of months!!! Live for today ;)

Jesus! You can't choose your family but you can choose your car lol.

Ok so I'm in the process of completing my order for an A3 (although I'm hearing the S3 is a lot better) anyway I've specced it all up and was told I'd get delivery by April. Then I see rumours online that there's a facelift coming out this year. So now I'm in a dilemma, do I go ahead with this order because I'm impatient or would you wait and see if they do release a facelift? I'm just worried that they won't unveil it for ages and all the time id be waiting I could have had a new car! Also the car would be on a 3 year lease so it's not like I'd be stuck with it forever if they did bring a facelift out. I just don't know what to do.
Saw the rumours of a facelift this morning, and I ordered mine yesterday. Can't say that I'm too worried though as this is my first Audi and I'm like a kid at Christmas!!

Went to the garage with the intention of ordering and having a few months to wait, however there was one very similar to what I wanted build and on the ferry so I may have it by next weekend.

Reactions: pburv
There's always a "better" car around the corner, I guess Human Nature dictates that most of us are "never" truly happy with our purchases.

I guess if I was buying a UR Quattro then I'd be less bothered that a new S3 was around the corner.

I am happy with my car, apart from the absolutely rubbish standard stereo, I came from a B&O.

G

Saw the rumours of a facelift this morning, and I ordered mine yesterday. Can't say that I'm too worried though as this is my first Audi and I'm like a kid at Christmas!!

Went to the garage with the intention of ordering and having a few months to wait, however there was one very similar to what I wanted build and on the ferry so I may have it by next weekend.
Spec. and colour please Audi Sport.Net rules..:rulez:

Reactions: DH81
Spec. and colour please Audi Sport.Net rules..:rulez:

:yum: Haha, I was trying to find where it was socially acceptable to brag about it!!! Apologies, I will obey the rules!!

Have to say I had a sit in an S3 and wished I was ordering that, however, I'm more than happy with my A3 1.4 TFSI CoD 150ps S-Line nav in monsoon grey, gone for the comfort pack and Autoglym protection too. Very excited to be joining the club!!

Reactions: Daveotto, pburv and Sandra
:yum: Haha, I was trying to find where it was socially acceptable to brag about it!!! Apologies, I will obey the rules!!

Have to say I had a sit in an S3 and wished I was ordering that, however, I'm more than happy with my A3 1.4 TFSI CoD 150ps S-Line nav in monsoon grey, gone for the comfort pack and Autoglym protection too. Very excited to be joining the club!!
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Nice spec and Colour. Hope you don't have to wait too long. Enjoy the forum :) x

Reactions: DH81