New car wrong spec!

cjp2k

Reaction score
Just had a call from my sales guy.. my factory order car that was due to be collected on 1st September is the wrong spec. They forgot to order the heated seats...

Has this happened to anyone else .. can the heated seats be retro fitted. They are wanting me to take the car as is... what sort of deal could I reasonably expect to take the car as is....

The other option they have given me is to factory order another car with the 2-3 month lead time....

Just had a email from the dealer. Removal of the cost of the heated seats and £250 discount or 2 free services... think I need more than that to keep the car...

It depends how important the heated seats are to you.
You obviously wanted them or you wouldn't have specced them.
If you can live without them I'd be negotiating a price reduction of at least twice their cost.

I would call the dealer out on it. Let them know you want the car as you ordered it and that you expect them to provide a car of a similar standard to the one you had ordered whilst you are waiting for the correct build of car to come through.

I would in turn expect them to offer you a greater incentive to take the car "as is" - it is then your call to decide if that is acceptable. But if it isn't they wont want to give you a courtesy car for that length of time so I would be expecting them to amend the next car that they have on order in the build process and thus reduce that 2-3 month lead time to closer to 6-8 weeks.

They seem like they don't want to have to order a new car as they seem to think the b and o sound system is a strange option....

Waiting for the email back from the salesman to better the offer ....

Coincidence! I had a call from my sales guy around the same time. I'm due to pick up a vehicle from stock on 1 September. Just a question of getting it from the other dealer and registering it etc. I ordered it last Tuesday.

Today's call was to inform me that the other dealer is having an HSO inspection which means that for a period of about 4 days all stock movements are frozen, so my car can't be released. This may affect it being ready for collection on the agreed date, but they'll let me know. I have nothing to complain about yet, but I've got an uneasy feeling about this...

Well I have emailed the dealer playing hard ball.

They offered either 2 services or £250.

I have requested both to keep the car. Or I will just get another one ordered.

Reactions: cppp and Sandra
Hey another one ordered or you'll only regret having it. Plus you don't want to have the blanked off buttons on the centre dash!

This happened to my father with a Q5, it had the wrong seats.

They ended up lending him it for 3 months while they ordered another.
In the end he returned the original with a massive dent in the front wing ... no charge.
They even bought him lunch and were very very apologetic.

Get another one , everyone expects heated and even cooled seats in 2016.

Reactions: no_idea
Seriously? Well I must be different then because I do not feel any need to have that option...

Reactions: Kestrel and mjcourtney
Seriously? Well I must be different then because I do not feel any need to have that option...

Ditto! Had them on the A3 for the first time in a car - think I've switched them on once in 18 months...... Don't understand the appeal of a warm backside - especially on cloth seats!

Reactions: Kestrel
Cloth they aren't needed as much, but in winter and with leather, its definitely needed.

I'd push for what @hmy7k said. Order a new one because the current car isn't what you ordered.

No they are a must for cloth as well! I was a convert when I got my last A4 with them! They were a godsend in the Winter as they warm up far quicker that the cars heaters.

Reactions: h1r4 and Gazwould
@cjp2k I had an A3 before I got my A4. They ordered the A3 as a manual instead of S Tronic. They rang me telling me it would be ready to be picked up the following Monday and then rang back to say they'd ordered a manual by accident. I was gutted.

I got a loan car for 3-4 months, insured by them and also got £500 worth of extras added to the new order. I did have to go to the CEO of Audi then the Head of Business at the dealership dealt with it due to an incompetent salesman.

The A4 on my test drive had heated seats and even at the lowest setting on a cold December morning I found it uncomfortably hot

Well I have been offered a substantial package to take the current car, it looks like its been registered etc, as there is a numberplate etc ready to go

I have been asked not to publicly advertise what they have offered me, which I will honour, however its a package that is very tempting, considering the big discount on the car to begin with

I am mulling it over tonight and will get back to them tomorrow,

The A4 on my test drive had heated seats and even at the lowest setting on a cold December morning I found it uncomfortably hot
We visited my son and his wife in the US earlier this year before the warm weather arrived. They drove us around in their car which had heated front seats. I couldn't understand why riding in their car gave me a constant sweaty @rse until they told me they leave the heated seats on permanently during cold weather. I wouldn't want them when if you wear the right winter clothes, a cold bottle and glass is not a problem.

Reactions: Kestrel
@cjp2k I hope they are seeing you right over it (It sounds like they are) and that you are happy with whatever choice you end up making

And heated door handles and fuel filler flaps....

I'm having a Giraffe , lol .

Reactions: cuke2u
Well I have heated seats because it is like deep heat on my back (broke my back once, then fractured it 3yrs later) not because of colder months. Wouldn't be without them as they do ease my back ache. :yes:

Well I ended up taking the car, got a very attractive package (into 4 figures) to keep the car,

The V5 was waiting for me when I got home yesterday after collecting the car, and that's wrong too, they have it as a SE Ultra and not a Sport, so back to the dealers to get that sorted lol