New Car, which one to go for?

A3TDI2.0

Reaction score
If you had a choice, which car would you go for out of the list below? I'm wanting to try something different but can't make my mind up, I'll have the car for 3-4 years. (I'm not too concerned about speed/0-60 times as I don't race around)

I currently have a modified 2006 2.0TDI SB.

A3 1.8 TFSI Black Edition Hatchback
A3 2.0 TDI S-line (Open Sky System)
Scirocco 1.4 TSI (heated leathers +18's)
Scirocco 2.0 TDI
1 Series Cabrio
TT 1.8 TFSI
Peugeot RCZ!

If you had the choice in getting another car, would you go for another A3?

None of those. After owning my A3 from new ive come to the conclusion that it doesn't deserve the premium badge it has.

My next car would be a c class merc or bmw 3 series coupe/convertible

Depends what you want your car for as a 1series cabrio, TT and Peugeot RCZ are totally different cars to the rest of them. I'd rule out the peugeot straight away for starter as i just dont like it thats my own opinion of course. If i'd have to pick out of the hatchbscks the A3 2.0tdi s-line or A3 1.8tfsi black edition as i dont like the Scirocco. If i had to pick out of the 1series cabrio, TT and Peugeot RCZ properly the TT

I saw an RCZ yesterday, wow, they are a cracking looker thats for sure! I'd personally go for the diesel rocco in white.

If you're buying new, Rocco 2.0T all the way. If you're buying used - S3!

The thing is, if I didn't already own an A3 I would've gone for the Black Edition without even looking at the others, but the new models just aren't different enough so I don't think it justifies putting it in front of other new cars that have come on the market? if that makes sense.

The 3 series coupe is outta my range and I've never really like the C class :(

Minimum requirement is 4 seats so that's why I've squeezed in the TT/RCZ, I'm leaning towards the Roc, colour I'm looking at is 'Sumatra' which is like the Lava Gray on A3's, with Truffle coloured Leathers it should look ok :)

I really like white on the A3 and Scirocco but everyone seems to be buying them so its kinda making me go the opposite way.

Personally if I was to have another A3 it would have to be an S3 in Merlin Purple.

If I was going for a brand new different car the 1 seris coupe is nice but again BMW fail with the interior which is important for me beacuse 90% of the time its what I see.

Anyway by the time you have specced up one of these why not get a very nice second hand RS4 for between £25k-£30K which is very practical and will have enough power to keep a smile on your face the whole time you own it.

definately not the Peugeot RCZ! just my opinion!

Either one of the TFSIs or 2.0 Rocco but tbh non of them as I prefer bigger engines and still wary on turbos lol after past problems.

Good luck choosing though

Scirocco. Definitely. And probably the 2.0 TDI over the 1.4 TSI.

If I had to choose out of that list, I would go for an A3 2.0TDi, but if not I would probably go for an A4 2.0T Quattro or a 330D saloon or coupe.

Appreciate the responses all, Matt its through my workplace so it has to be new and the limit won't go too far, otherwise I'd go for a 2-3 year old S3/RS4 if it could be a used one.

Sarah, all the big engined cars got stripped from the list last month due to CO2 caps as the company has gone 'green' :(

i'd say the 'Roc if you want something different which it sounds like you do. otherwise i'd tell you to get a Condor Grey A3 2.0TDI with Open Sky...

Sold my rocco 2.0 GT Tsi few weeks ago absoutely loved it. Ridiculously well specced as standard and pretty quick. Just couldnt justify keeping it for how few miles I drive... dont suppose you fancy selling your a3 im in the market now im carless ;)