New Car Thread + Questions

AudiSport

Reaction score
Firstly, here is my new A6 Quattro, which I’m delighted with:
7B7605E4 8E4D 4C6F A9EB 289966084303

7D57DF81 D0F0 462E A3B2 F17CE8F0138E

0C36A0AC 7A45 4423 B33F 1C1FBBE65500

CA805856 FAA8 450A 8A5C 618275D15FC6

It is a Daytona Grey, 3.0 TDI Quattro, with 73k miles and was specced with over £12,000 of optional extras including;
- Technology package
- Adaptive Air Suspension
- Adaptive LED lights with high beam assist
- Heads up display
- Panoramic Glass Roof
- BOSE surround sound system
- Privacy glass
- Audi Park Distance Control (Front and Rear, with heads up display on front screen)
- 20" 5 arm Rotor Design titanium look alloy wheels with 255/35 R20 tyres
- Matt-Brushed Aluminium interior accents
- Removeable Tow Hitch with all the towing electrics fitted from factory
- Load Area luggage accessories, including load area net, boot floor luggage rails & adjustable luggage Fixierset

I would have liked power boot and electric memory seats, but in view of the above specification, I’ll get by!

I do however have some questions:

Wheels
The current rotor alloys are nice, but really flat and sunk into the arches, so I would like to change them for something like these:
F51E4957 1E93 42DB A258 087A1DBB047F

Which I think look far more aggressive. What ET should I look for to ensure they sit flush with the arches?

Boot
As mentioned it doesn’t have power boot, however I understand I can buy some loaded gas struts which will pop it open when the key is used to unlock it. Has anyone done this?

Rear Valance
Any suggestions on how to enhance this? Perhaps for a C7.5 look?

Steering wheel
This doesn’t feel as junky as I’d have hoped for. Any suggestions on what to change it for, or should I get it re-trimmed?

Tyres
The ride is very firm, particularly over pot holes, running 255/35 R20. Can I increase the sidewall to help fill the arch, with a 265 or more tyre?

Anything else I should do?
Thank you

If it’s just the way they sit you don’t like, why not just space the existing wheels out? Save yourself a small fortune in new wheels! If you do go for a new set you really need to know the spec of the current wheels to know what you’re looking for. You’ll obviously be wanting a lower et than you currently have and possibly a slightly wider wheel. There are various online calculators that show where a new wheel will sit in relation to the current one, but obviously you need all the specs to hand.

For the steering wheel, I’ve no idea what replacement options are but if you end up going down the re-trim option, I can recommend Royal Steering Wheels. They did mine a few years back and no complaints.

And just a note for the tyres, the 265 is the width. If you’re looking to increase the sidewall height it’s the 35 you need to be upping.

Car looks nice

personally by what your wrote I think you've bought the wrong car...

Firstly, here is my new A6 Quattro, which I’m delighted with:
View attachment 260644
View attachment 260645
View attachment 260646

View attachment 260647

It is a Daytona Grey, 3.0 TDI Quattro, with 73k miles and was specced with over £12,000 of optional extras including;
- Technology package
- Adaptive Air Suspension
- Adaptive LED lights with high beam assist
- Heads up display
- Panoramic Glass Roof
- BOSE surround sound system
- Privacy glass
- Audi Park Distance Control (Front and Rear, with heads up display on front screen)
- 20" 5 arm Rotor Design titanium look alloy wheels with 255/35 R20 tyres
- Matt-Brushed Aluminium interior accents
- Removeable Tow Hitch with all the towing electrics fitted from factory
- Load Area luggage accessories, including load area net, boot floor luggage rails & adjustable luggage Fixierset

I would have liked power boot and electric memory seats, but in view of the above specification, I’ll get by!

I do however have some questions:

Wheels
The current rotor alloys are nice, but really flat and sunk into the arches, so I would like to change them for something like these:
View attachment 260648
Which I think look far more aggressive. What ET should I look for to ensure they sit flush with the arches?

Boot
As mentioned it doesn’t have power boot, however I understand I can buy some loaded gas struts which will pop it open when the key is used to unlock it. Has anyone done this?

Rear Valance
Any suggestions on how to enhance this? Perhaps for a C7.5 look?

Steering wheel
This doesn’t feel as junky as I’d have hoped for. Any suggestions on what to change it for, or should I get it re-trimmed?

Tyres
The ride is very firm, particularly over pot holes, running 255/35 R20. Can I increase the sidewall to help fill the arch, with a 265 or more tyre?

Anything else I should do?
Thank you
Hazzydayz do an electric boot upgrade if you want.

I'm surprised that the ride is not more comfortable with the air suspension - it was probably just specced for towing. However, I have the SE comfort suspension and have swopped my 20" for 17"'s. I don't get any complaints from the wife about ride comfort.