New car tax rules,, Ouch if you own a Ferrari

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/owner...ter-april/ss-AAm1gFs?ocid=spartandhp#image=27

"Ferrari = A £2,000 ‘showroom tax’, £310 premium surcharge, and £140 standard rate, combine to deliver a £3,800 blow to the wallet."

But at least the Mustang is cheaper lol

Would be interesting to see what the "showroom tax" is on a ne S4.

£800 for the Avant and I think the saloon sneaks under and is £500 instead. Not as bad as it could be but still not cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£800 for the Avant and I think the saloon sneaks under and is £500 instead. Not as bad as it could be but still not cheap.

Flipping heck. £800 + £310 (for 5 years) + £140 (for five years) = £3050, I wonder if there will be some special deals to compensate.
Think I've got my maths right :blink:

Flipping heck. £800 + £310 (for 5 years) + £140 (for five years) = £3050, I wonder if there will be some special deals to compensate.

I'd love it if there was but can't see happening as it's a government implemented thing and not the Audi company...

Reactions: Jcbmally
Think I've got my maths right :blink:

That is a lot of tax, but obviously there is some tax to pay at the moment...

First year tax on the S4 Avant is currently £300, going up to £800, so an extra £500.

Years 2-6 are currently £210 going up to £140+£310 surcharge, so £240 extra for 5 years.

Year 7 onwards an s4 Avant registered prior to April 2017 will stay at £210, presuming it doesn't go up, but I expect it will! Newer cars will actually be cheaper Year 7 onwards, at just the standard £140, again excluding the inevitable increases.

So an S4 Avant after this March will be £500 extra in the first year, £240 extra for the next 5 years (so £1700 more over 6 years) and then actually £70 year cheaper from then onwards!

After 30 years you'll be better off with the new car! :rockwoot:

P.S. And those of us who got our orders in before Jan 12th this year also avoided the £600 price rise, over the 4 years I hope to keep my car I reckon I've saved £1820 or so, or around 3.5%.

Geoff

Reactions: Jcbmally, Dave70 and Keef