New car - servicing and minor coolant leak

bobsy852

Reaction score
HI all,

After having picked up my A6 3.0t a few weeks ago, I was keen to give it a service.
At 56k, there was no record of the s-tronic box having been serviced before and I knew it should be done sooner so I purchased a full service kit and watched some videos for it.
All set, I managed to get the car jacked up (took a while to get it all off the ground level) then removed the undertrays and X-brace. All fairly as expected so far.
All the videos I'd watched simply showed to undo the pan and drop it out of the way to get to the internal filter but there was some hydraulic or coolant lines crossing the corners of the pan. This made it difficult to get to 2No. of the fixings. I managed to undo them though but then the pan wouldn't drop out of the way to get to the internal filter.

Hyd1

Hyd2

I had to put it all back together and re-fill with my new oil.
I was able to change the external filter at least and it's now got new oil.
I'd be keen to know if people think I should get it serviced again ASAP at a garage to change the internal filter, or if what I've done will help it over the next 20-30k?

I then carried out a regular oil service and noticed a small coolant leak from one of the pipes up front.
I assume that's the connection to the water pump or thermostat? Looks a bit of dog to get to?

Leak1

Leak2