new car, quick question

mat20vt

Reaction score
hey guys, picked up my a3 quattro today. its great, way better drive than my mk4 golf was.guna try and post pics soon.noticed on way home today, temp gauge needle sits around 70c, whereas on my golf it allways sat at 90c. anything to worry bout?AJQ engine if that makes a difference.thanks

Got to disagree guys. Mine always sits at 90, even when it was -6 the other night!! As Steve says, faulty Thermostat...a quick cheap fix.

thanks guys, sounds like nothing to bad.am going to book it in garage asap, get them to go over everything while its under warrenty.vagcom picked up a dodgy lamda yesterday

Mine stayed at around 70 and sometimes went up to 90 in traffic. Chnaging the thermostat solved the problem for me. I had it go on the A3 & the S3 so perhaps a common failure.

In fact the run around I bought had the same problem a cheap and easy fix though. Not that I could tell it had gone in the Alfa as those gauges take the term indication only a little too far. Changed it myself and now have hot air coming through rather than luke warm.

cool, i'l mention it to the garage. whats the best susspension kit to go for on a3 quattro? fsd's on my golf were good, but poor lowering. there doesnt seem to be much listed for the car.dont fancy coilovers, just a set of decent shocks and -30 to -40 lowering spings

mine sits at 90 when warmed up,no matter how cold it is outside

my car always sits at 90c in all weather conditions....but my mums 1.6 a3 on the other hand will only warm upto 90c when on a very long journey at constant high speed but on long journeys at slower speed it will be lucky to reach over 70c its a job me an my step dad are going to be doing soon as its a cheap easy fix.