New Car/ Paint Protection

Matt99

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Posted a few times on here, and if anyone remembers... i have a S/B B/E in Ibis white comin soon.. i havent opted for any Paint Protection as an option, but having been driving a Black VRS for 3 years and covering over 55k now, im expecting the IBIS to be more of a challenge to keep the tar off it... just wondering if anyone has any advise as to some sort of Protection to keep the tar from messing up the bottom half... Thanks in advance.

on a serious note tar is a pain in the **** it gets everywhere trust me i detail cars for a living just keep ontop of polishing washing it and try and polish out the tar spots before the get too hard it makes life alot easyer as i wouldnt want to use tar remover on a new car as the paint might be a bit too soft still

My advice would be to save your money on dealer offers of AG Life Shine or Diamond Bright. Either buy yourself some GTechniq paint sealant and polish, google it or find a pro detailer to do it for you, I can point you in the right direction if you want, either option will give you better protection and prob save you money too!

Ps nothing stops tar from sticking but loads of easy ways to get rid of it.

Cheers Justin

Cheers for the replies... have looked at the Diamond Bright, looks ok to be fair.....

Cheers for the replies... have looked at the Diamond Bright, looks ok to be fair.....

snakeoil - dealers never apply these products properly. much better off spending the money on getting a pro-detailer to give it a 'new car protection' detail. Or do it yourself, Gtechniq stuuf gets rave reviews over at detailing world : Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq

All these things are expensive when dealer applied and are little more than a Detailer would do. My advice FWIW is don't bother.... Autoglym/Mir and TLC works for me.

All these things are expensive when dealer applied and are little more than a Detailer would do. My advice FWIW is don't bother.... Autoglym/Mir and TLC works for me.

+1

I have an A3 SB BE on order in Ibis and have managed to get the dealer to throw in the VPP (paint protection) and Metalmate (wheel protection), as it is not costing anything do you guys think it is still worth having?

Used to offer Diamond bright when i was working at a dealer back in 2000......used to charge £250-£350 depending on what we thought we could get, the actual kit cost us in the region of £30 - applied by our resident Kosoven valetters, great bunch of guys...just wouldn't trust them with my car ;)

Answer me this, how can any paint protection last several years when the best Carnuba wax in the world will probably last 6 months (several thousand pounds a jar)..... its a gimmick!!

Also FNMRST - have you not discovered the wonderful Autotardis yet? spray on and the tar will simply run off the car, no need for polishing out which will more than likely cause you to do more damage to the area (or give you a higher chance of damaging)