New car paint care

First Ever Audi

Reaction score
Balmedie(next to Donald Trump's Controversial Golf
Morning All.

I'm like most other out there, a garage full of cleaning products and a 4 year old car to keep clean at the weekends...but, in a couple of months i will be lucky enough to have a new A3 8V in Glacier White. My question is regarding the paintwork. I guess as its "factory fresh", and will have some kind of factory wax, that it won't need waxed for a while? We have a problem where we live with housemartins bombing the cars so im curious if this could affect the new paint....I have the Meguiars Spray Wax which works a treat but just not sure how i should look after the new paint....on a budget of course :sos:

Hi m8 I'm sure ur car will have a good wax coating on and will look great for ages without u adding more.
I don't know if there is a certain time u should wait before waxing ,but even coming from a factory it's bound to have picked up contaminates.
Enjoy the car for a few months before the winter and clay the car and give it a fresh couple of coats of wax :)

Reactions: First Ever Audi
It all depends how intricate you wish to get with the paintwork and the finish.
Some dealers may wax the car, some may even apply the lifetime Autoglym or Diamondbrite.

Myself, I request they don't touch the car so I can attack it in a manner I know I can trust.

Once you receive the new car it will probably have evidence of transport wax and have a slightly musty finish under closer inspection. Personnaly once you get it id give it a good wash, clay, wash again, polish then a good coat of wax. Then the next day another wash and coat of wax. That way you will know you have near perfect paintwork sealed properly.

If you're on a budget, Autoglym HD wax and super resin polish always work well and are very durable by hand.

Then you'd want to look at your washing and drying technique to ensure you preseve that perfect paintwork as long as reasonably practicable.