New Car oredred, my first Audi! (Advice Please)

lambchop16v

Reaction score
Hi Chaps

After a lot of decision making I finally bit the bullet and chose an Audi A4.
I ordered it the first week in December with delivery expected on the 11th of April, I have now been informed that it won't be built until the 7th of April with delivery expected end of April or the beginning of May which I think is a long time to wait!

I chose the 150bhp TDI over the 177bhp TDI due to it being £15 a month cheaper on the lease price and £1000 less on the p11d value (company car).

I've been contemplating changing to the 177bhp engine, these seem to be a lot more popular when searching but I'm not to sure if it's to late to make any changes?

Has anyone got any experience of the 150 and 177 engines?

I had the 177 as a test car, I couldn't get a drive in the 150 but couldn't see how the extra 27hp was worth a £1000.

Sorry to ramble on, any opinions appreciated.

Thanks Aaron

Hi Aaron, welcome to audi-sport.net. Im sure one of the guys be along shortly to advise you. Enjoy the forum. :) x

It is quite a saving on the P11D so I would stick with what you have ordered and if you find it sluggish stick a tuning box on it to give you the extra 30-40 BHP! Simple!

It is quite a saving on the P11D so I would stick with what you have ordered and if you find it sluggish stick a tuning box on it to give you the extra 30-40 BHP! Simple!

Thanks for the reply.

Don't know anything about these tuning boxes?

People have mentioned a remap but with it being a company car isn't the best idea and will no doubt invalidate the warranty.

Thanks Aaron

Yes that's why a tuning box will be best! Just plugs in and out and gives just as much extra power as a chip! Have a look at the comments on previous threads! DTUK are very good and have great customer service!

Yes that's why a tuning box will be best! Just plugs in and out and gives just as much extra power as a chip! Have a look at the comments on previous threads! DTUK are very good and have great customer service!

Ok thanks will look into it.

Has anyone had a drive of the 150 and 177? Just interested to see if there is a noticeable difference?

Thanks Aaron

Driven the 177 in the A6 Avant and even with all the extra weight it has some pull and plenty of power, so in the a4 it will be even better. Can't comment on the 150 I'm afraid.

Drove an A4 avant 150 BE. Good drive. Very nice to cruise around town, has enough power to overtake easily and fuel efficient.

Thanks for the info.

I have spoken to the dealer today about possibly changing to the 177hp engine, they are going to get back to me with additional cost and delivery time.

Will keep this updated.

Thanks Aaron

If cost isn't much of an issue get the high hp one. Ur resale value is higher too