New Car Ordered - Toyota Yaris GR-Four

wab172uk

Now in an X3 M40i And a Yaris GR-Four
Not been on here for a while.

Nice to see people are starting to order the new A3 / S3.

After waiting for the reviews, and now seeing them, I've take the plunge and ordered the new Yaris GR-Four.

Seeing what Toyota have done to this car, and all the bespoke equipment they've added to it with the full time AWD system, trick Diffs with the `Track pack` (Ordered) it was too much to resist. Reviews are all great, and I don't think a car like this will be built again.

So, decided to order one, and it'll be a weekend toy, and a long term keeper.

I know it's not an Audi, but as a fellow contributor and we're all enthusiasts, I'd thought I'd share

Last edited:

NevMan

Well known member
Nice one. You were saying you were keen on the GR4 When is it due, any idea?

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Enjoy that's what it's all about something that forums lack/forget about

NevMan

Well known member
Looking at Feb / March Nev.

Awesome Wayne, excited for you mate. As you say, the days of these kind of cars are severely limited indeed

NevMan

Well known member
Enjoy that's what it's all about something that forums lack/forget about

Absolutely! congrats on making the Euros Jassy...not that you necessarily care

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Euros, I thought Scotland won the World Cup last night?!
I despise football with a passion mate....especially Scottish football ....wouldn't waste the pixels on my TV but thanks for thinking l was patriotic lol

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

NevMan

Well known member
I despise football with a passion mate....especially Scottish football ....wouldn't waste the pixels on my TV but thanks for thinking l was patriotic lol

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Mr Freeze

After waiting for the reviews, and now seeing them, I've take the plunge and ordered the new Yaris GR-Four.

Seeing what Toyota have done to this car, and all the bespoke equipment they've added to it with the full time AWD system, trick Diffs with the `Track pack` (Ordered) it was too much to resist. Reviews are all great, and I don't think a car like this will be built again.

I know it's not an Audi, but as a fellow contributor and we're all enthusiasts, I'd thought I'd share

Congrats mate look forward to the pics :icon thumright:

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Awesome mate and a 0-60 time that will make a lot of unsuspecting peeps say :wtf: what a load of fun you are going to have. Remember the rules, no pics, talking ******** lol. :friends:

NevMan

Well known member

Snake Pliskin

Supporter

What an inspired choice of car :icon thumright:

It does look tremendous & heaps of fun.

Many of us long term Audi owners drifted towards other brands of late and for good reason but yes we can all still bring something to the table here & we all love the ASN vibe :)

NevMan

Well known member

Many of us long term Audi owners drifted towards other brands of late and for good reason but yes we can all still bring something to the table here & we all love the ASN vibe :)

Agree snake. A great weekend weapon, and does take me back to the days of homologated models being released so they could be entered in various series/rallies etc.

wab172uk

Awesome mate and a 0-60 time that will make a lot of unsuspecting peeps say :wtf: what a load of fun you are going to have. Remember the rules, no pics, talking ******** lol. :friends:

They'll be plenty of pics posted once it arrives.

I watched the Carwow 0-60 run, and I'm pleased you need to change into third to hit 60, rather than them extending 2nd gear to hit a better 0-60 time.

I `think` GR performance parts are going to be available for this car too. Hope that's true, as I'll be buying some.

wab172uk

Thanks mate,

Yeah, I drifted to BMW in January. Nothing from Audi inspired me. I'll keep the BMW for a while as it's a great all round car. Yaris purely for fun. Can see me having this for 10+ years.

I also wanted a fun / quick car before 2022 when the silly speed restrictors come in.

I did think about putting a deposit on one of these when they were announced, but being a `Fast Ford` fan, I had hoped this would give Ford the kick up the backside it needed, and produce an AWD Fiesta RS. But doesn't look like it. Though I think the ford would have been £40k+ rather than £33.5k for the Yaris. Amazing value for what they've produced.

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.
Only have one track near me. Croft.

I don't mind hammering someone else's car round a track, but mine will be purely for the road I think. But never say never .....
What a great track, shame BSB dumped it. I was there when Leon Haslam came back from about a 10 second deficit in the wet to beat Bomber Harris for the win. What a track. Incidentally it was the same year I binned my Fireblade.

wab172uk

IMG_1574.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_1576.JPG
IMG_1577.JPG
IMG_1578.JPG
As promised. Some pics from dealer visit today. Only customer car dealer has, or will have this year. According to manager, only 2500 full fat GR-Fours have been allocated to the UK. But might change if demanded.

NevMan

Well known member
Can’t you have it now?

NevMan

Well known member

Dubjam

Staff member
VCDS Map User
That Yaris will be a better drivers car than anything VAG offers currently..it will be a proper bundle of fun, and kudos for you going for something against the grain

wab172uk

That Yaris will be a better drivers car than anything VAG offers currently..it will be a proper bundle of fun, and kudos for you going for something against the grain

Thanks. Yeah, VAG stuff is all quite the same to drive really. Got an X3 M40i for the boring stuff, so this is purely for a Sunday morning thrash.

Bristle Hound

Staff member

Congrats @wab172uk on the new car order
Looking foreword to the pic's and your thoughts