New car mileage

mozza1202

Reaction score
looking at upgrading my 8p to second hand 8v seen one has done 89k is their any concerns with high mileage my 8p had 83k onit when bought now 181k love the reliability of it any advice would be grateful

I'm at 104k on mine. No issues here. As long as it's got a good service history I wouldn't be put off by mileage.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Retroman and deanshaw24
It has a full service history
I'm at 104k on mine. No issues here. As long as it's got a good service history I wouldn't be put off by mileage.

has yours had a cam belt an water pump done my old 8p has had it done twice

As above, these engines are good for 200k plus so just make sure service history is full

Reactions: Retroman
No, not yet. It's on long life service which is approx every 18k - 20k. Been serviced at main dealer each time.

Oh, and it's a 2.0 TDi

As above, these engines are good for 200k plus so just make sure service history is full
My 8p is nearly 11 years old and on 181k had services when needed and any parts worn have been replaced don't no much about 8v

Reactions: Retroman
What engine are you going for? I'm sure you will get a lot more info if you specify that as reliability is probably not universal to all Audi engines! I think Audi are quite low in reliability rankings if you google it but most seem niggles and not engine related? Hopefully someone with more info will pop along :) All VAG engines have been great for me especially the diesels. had a 2.0tdi MK6 Golf a few yrs ago with 180k miles on it and was going like new still when i sold it. Be aware that SH is electronic sometimes now. This shocked me when i got mine a few months ago. No physical SH seems wrong when you don't know about it!

In terms of gathering useful statistics it’s well known that internet forums and questionnaires tend to motivate responses from people who are angry or dissatisfied about something. People who have just enjoyed “boring” and uneventful reliability, don’t tend to either put a comment on the internet or bother to return a questionnaire.

As said above, treat them well, service regularly and get the cambelt changed at the recommended interval and 200k miles is easily achievable.

What engine are you going for? I'm sure you will get a lot more info if you specify that as reliability is probably not universal to all Audi engines! I think Audi are quite low in reliability rankings if you google it but most seem niggles and not engine related? Hopefully someone with more info will pop along :) All VAG engines have been great for me especially the diesels. had a 2.0tdi MK6 Golf a few yrs ago with 180k miles on it and was going like new still when i sold it. Be aware that SH is electronic sometimes now. This shocked me when i got mine a few months ago. No physical SH seems wrong when you don't know about it!
Looking at a 2.0 tdi s line sportback 63 plate registered in 2014 not sure what engine code yet may be going to view Tuesday like my previous post my 8p with 181k on it has been my best car that's why I want another

Last edited:
I wonder what the mileage 8v engine is. As the engines only 4 years old there might not be any around that are over 150k yet, the highest I've seen is 115k and that drove spot on still.

I would have thought the 2.0tdi would be fine to buy at 89k miles as long as it has FSH. what engine is that in apart from the A3? It must be in other VAG cars...maybe do a little research on that and you will soon see a reliability pattern. Beware that the DPF will prob need changing at some point in the future. Mine is the 1.6tdi and on the Service page on the "myaudi.com" website it says "Diesel particulate filter: Reading ash loading level
140,000 miles, then every 20,000 miles"
so I'm not sure if thats just a reading or a change.

I would have thought the 2.0tdi would be fine to buy at 89k miles as long as it has FSH. what engine is that in apart from the A3? It must be in other VAG cars...maybe do a little research on that and you will soon see a reliability pattern. Beware that the DPF will prob need changing at some point in the future. Mine is the 1.6tdi and on the Service page on the "myaudi.com" website it says "Diesel particulate filter: Reading ash loading level
140,000 miles, then every 20,000 miles"
so I'm not sure if thats just a reading or a change.

That looks as if it would just be a reading.

The common mileage range for DPF failure is around 80,000 miles and we have had it happen to us.. we had a DPF delete and efficiency map on the car for around £200. They opened and gutted the DPF, welded it back up and put it back on but it did cause an echo in the exhaust, the turbo noise was greatly exxagerated out of the exhaust.. might be a plus for somebody!

We sold the car on a few months later after endless problems, I will soon be checking the MOT history to see if it had any problems getting through :p