New car found....Don't be too harsh!

unikarl

Reaction score
With the imminent sale of my A4 looming I'be been on the lookout for a new car. I was supposed to be getting a company van but that would have ended up costng me a small fortune so I'm getting a cheaper car instead.

I needed a good motorway car, plenty of equipment, economy and room.

The car I've found is....... A Vectra!

I'll very much miss my Audi and I'll probably be bored rigid but if it all goes ahead it looks like a really good deal and the car seems to be very underrated. Its a 2007 1.9 CDTI Elite with less than 50k on the clock and its 5 grand as its had its huge hit of deprciation. Its got loads of equipment and the engine really pulls it along well.

Can anyone think of another car that fits the bill and is still a good price? The whole vectra stigma is putting me off!

I drove a Vectra diesel for 4 years, perfect for Motorway driving. Not a great car for pootling around at the weekend etc. But definately good value for money on the old Motorway thing.Once I had driven an Audi I realised how bad the Vectra was on the normal roads. No real difference on the Motorway though, perfect for what you are after.

Another option is a Skoda, shifts well, just the badge has a stigma.

Another alternative after that is the Mondeo, corners well compared to the Vectra.

Enjoy your new car!

We had a 1.9 cdti vectra at work last year, the 150bhp variant i believe. Pulled like a train, was very quick even with over 150k miles on it. Only thing was it spent an enormous amount of time in the garage for different things, but it did have approx 10 different people driving it 10 different ways every week. It maybe a bit plasticy on the interior compared to the audi and it wont handle as well but there not a bad car overall!

It's the 150 version. Got loads in it too... Sat nav, heated leather, xenons, cruise etc etc.

Just a shame about the badge but it's a cost saving exercise for a while... Maybe I can now save for my new bike!

It's the 150 version. Got loads in it too... Sat nav, heated leather, xenons, cruise etc etc.

Just a shame about the badge but it's a cost saving exercise for a while... Maybe I can now save for my new bike!

Its got a nice spec! There are some lovely vectras around though with a lip kit and spoiler, really transforms the car.

What bike are you saving for?! I had to put off a lot of things i wanted to do on my audi because i was saving for a bike aswell. I could of had mfsw, cruise, dis, refurbed wheels, re map etc nearly a year ago but delayed and bought my bike in march. Apart from now having a bike, i am also not bored with my car as i have so much i want to do to it. It was a win win and i think youll be the same!

I had a YZF1000R a couple of years back that was absolutely mint and i'm hoping to find another. I need to find a really good one though as my last one was literally perfect.

Other than that I'd go for a ZX9R or an old R1. I want the biggest bang for buck I can get and want a decent rear seat too so I can eventually tempt the wife to come out for a little blast with me.

people do knock them and lets face it the build quality is no where near Audi but for the price they are these days and the spec you can get on them they are very good value for money and if your budget dictates you got to down grade then thats wa gotta do regardless what people may think if its the situation your in then its gotta be done and personally if i was in the same boat a vectra would prob be my choice aswell as the cost of parts is next to nothing they are easy to work on with limited mechanical know how and return good MPG and like said u get alot of kit for very little coinage

be sad :bye: to see your A4 go mind as she is a great example of a B7 just hope the new owner realises what they have n the work thats gone into it and stays on the sceen with ASN