New Car finally ordered !!

Buck

Reaction score
I've just paid the deposit on my new Audi A5 after weeks of negotiations and trying to find one that I'd be able to register before the 1st April and the punitive extra tax of £310 per year!

I went through CarWow which has been excellent but as I left it a little late to start the process, I'd resigned myself to a factory order as I couldn't find one that wasn't "launch spec" and mega £££ or had nothing extra on.

I've managed to get one that is not quite the spec I wanted but very near and I am happy to compromise to get the deal and save £1280 on VED over 4 years.

The good news is that the car is at the docks and being shipped over next week so I should have it in less than 2 weeks :)

Spec is: -

Audi A5 Sportback 2.0TDI Quattro S line Stronic

Daytona Grey
Privacy Glass
Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
19" V spoke Alloy Wheels
24ltr AdBlue tank

I'll get PF Jones to fit a removable tow bar (need for our cycle carrier not a caravan before you tut!!) Interestingly the dealer was going to fit at cost for this but that somehow was £230 more than PF Jones quoted me?!

I'm also going to price up a new light cluster with homelink buttons and see if I can get my garage remote hard wired in.

Two weeks feels like a long time now but better than a lot of you have had to deal with!

Reactions: Joetidman and THQuattro
Fantastic, can't wait to see the pics. :)

Thanks! I think I'll indulge in a few - would be rude not to!!

Reactions: Sandra
Great news. Look forward to seeing the pics once it's arrived. It looks great in Daytona Grey.

I got my build date through and it's beginning of May so I'm looking at June for mine Agonising wait.

Reactions: Buck
Thanks!

I've always wanted a Daytona Grey car. I toyed with a Mythos Black one but my current car is black and (I) I fancied a change (ii) whilst black is lush when clean, it only stays that way for a day!

My original (factory) order would have been a June delivery. Hope your wait doesn't drag.

Congrats, can't wait to see the pics! I'm also jealous if the speed of delivery, I'm practically dreaming about mine, and my Wife has decided I'm not allowed to talk to her about it anymore :tearsofjoy:.

Daytona always looks great on bigger Audi's imo so I'm sure will look nice especially on those bigger wheels

Good choice mate. I got the same on the outside with a few more extras on the inside. You'll love it and get plenty of attention!
16251660 10154009846981991 6105935066846575586 o
16906898 736943303141832 2191753520892346368 n

Reactions: Faisal_s5
Car looks very nice. Slightly different alloys to mine but otherwise identical.

Car looks very nice. Slightly different alloys to mine but otherwise identical.

ahh yeah sorry mate thought mine were V spoke but mine are the multi spoke. Either way theyre not easy to clean lol

ahh yeah sorry mate thought mine were V spoke but mine are the multi spoke. Either way theyre not easy to clean lol

Agree. I'll be putting gtechniq or some other sealant on them otherwise they'll take as long to clean as the rest of the car !!! :D

Agree. I'll be putting gtechniq or some other sealant on them otherwise they'll take as long to clean as the rest of the car !!! :D
Getting mine booked in for the full Gtechniq package hopefully this month! I cant wait

Reactions: Buck
Dealers told me that unlikely to get the car next week as it is still stuck at the port waiting to be shipped over. :( He's trying to get it allocated on the boat but I don't think dealers have much sway on this do they?

I'm in no rush but the week after I'm away all weekend so it might have to be Monday 20th before I can get it....that seems so long away although I know it's not compared to others!!

Update yesterday PM - the car is on the boat so will be in/getting in to Grimsby anytime soon.

Dealer is seeing if he can mark it urgent to try and get it for next weekend :D

I'll be setting off in a minute to pick my car up :D

Shame the weather is poor - it won't stay sparkly for more than 5 minutes!!

I'll be setting off in a minute to pick my car up :D

Shame the weather is poor - it won't stay sparkly for more than 5 minutes!!
Greetings from Spain! I have also ordered a daytona grey A5 SB with 2xsline, multispoke 19" wheels, pan roof, ... please take some photos of yours! I'm dying to see how the wheels look like in real pics!

I have chosen the sline nappa leather rotor grey seats for the interior but I'm not sure if they will make a nice combination with the daytona grey paint...I can make changes only tomorrow moorning so any help would be welcome!

Thx!!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G900F mediante Tapatalk

Hi @Gonzalo

I'll try and get some photos this afternoon for you!!

I think the black interior would look best although the rotor grey is nice, I preferred the black.

@Gonzalo - here are a few quick iPhone photos this afternoon - it's not very clean - the weather earlier was horrible!

IMG 3847

IMG 3845

IMG 3846

IMG 3849

Reactions: Joetidman
and a couple of the interior - black leather/Alcantara (standard in the UK)
IMG 3830
IMG 3829

Stunning mate, lovely looking car . What's your immediate reaction?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunning mate, lovely looking car . What's your immediate reaction?

Stunning. I've just got back from dropping my youngest at Scouts and the night driving was as good as if not better than the daytime! (I do like my Audi interiors!)

I'm still getting used to automatic gears but so far no left foot clutch braking!!

Acceleration and grip seems excellent

Daytona Grey is understated but looks good to me and works really well with the grey Grille/valance and the two tone alloys as well as the privacy glass.

Black standard interior is a nice place to be.

Ride comfort is firm. It not crashy and far better than my Golf GTD which was a hard ride.

I love the google maps option - very cool.

Not missing the virtual cockpit even though I would have liked it - the standard dashboard is very nice.

I now need to study the manual as I've got a few things that I want to change/adjust but I don't know if they are user or VCDS changes yet...

My only gripes are:-

1) there's a small scratch on the rear bumper from the dealer prep - looks like a dirty sponge job. So far dealer has been great (I haven't given him his essential 5* feedback that he needs). I'm surprised how calm I am about this. Let's see what his response is tomorrow when he's spoke to his "paint man" as I've told him I can get it sorted at my end.

2) there's a lack of storage cubby holes (I had one under my steering wheel in the Golf ?) retrofit perhaps?

3) the dealer number plates are misspelled. The reg has a "K" where it should be an "X". Dealer has couriered correct plates which will be with me in the morning and I've said I'll fit them. (I had to laugh at this - it's happened to me once before)

Finally, I've put it in the garage twice - once as a test with lots of checking and inching backwards and then to put it away for the night - still feels a bit nerve racking but I'll get used to it.

Stunning. I've just got back from dropping my youngest at Scouts and the night driving was as good as if not better than the daytime! (I do like my Audi interiors!)

I'm still getting used to automatic gears but so far no left foot clutch braking!!

Acceleration and grip seems excellent

Daytona Grey is understated but looks good to me and works really well with the grey Grille/valance and the two tone alloys as well as the privacy glass.

Black standard interior is a nice place to be.

Ride comfort is firm. It not crashy and far better than my Golf GTD which was a hard ride.

I love the google maps option - very cool.

Not missing the virtual cockpit even though I would have liked it - the standard dashboard is very nice.

I now need to study the manual as I've got a few things that I want to change/adjust but I don't know if they are user or VCDS changes yet...

My only gripes are:-

1) there's a small scratch on the rear bumper from the dealer prep - looks like a dirty sponge job. So far dealer has been great (I haven't given him his essential 5* feedback that he needs). I'm surprised how calm I am about this. Let's see what his response is tomorrow when he's spoke to his "paint man" as I've told him I can get it sorted at my end.

2) there's a lack of storage cubby holes (I had one under my steering wheel in the Golf ?) retrofit perhaps?

3) the dealer number plates are misspelled. The reg has a "K" where it should be an "X". Dealer has couriered correct plates which will be with me in the morning and I've said I'll fit them. (I had to laugh at this - it's happened to me once before)

Finally, I've put it in the garage twice - once as a test with lots of checking and inching backwards and then to put it away for the night - still feels a bit nerve racking but I'll get used to it.

Sounds great other than the gripes. Typical they managed to scratch it, although with my S3 the first roundabout I came to I hit a stick or something which put a bunch of dents in the door literally 2 mins after buying it, so I know the pain!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll get sorted in the fullness of time - I'm going to get the car polished anyway ready for me to apply its Gtechniq protection so I'm hoping I can get it near perfect - I won't lose any sleep over it but would be nice to get it sorted.

I ended up doing the "Dad's Taxi" again tonight and whilst I was waiting, I managed to sort a few of the settings in MMI so that's progress!