New car- Even newer to detailing.

BabyFacedNinja

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has already been covered in previous posts but I can’t seem to find a definitive answer.
Take receipt of my new A4 in quantum grey in a few weeks and have purchased a few products as I intend to instruct the garage to leave it well alone and have a go myself. Something I’ve never done before.
After reading the threads I was intending to snow foam, clean, iron X, rinse, clay, wash and rinse again then CQuartz, reload.
My questions come because I’ve seen contradictory posts on other threads that state use Cquartz after claying (providing there’s no marring) whereas some others state polish before Cquartz. Should I need to polish providing the car hasn’t been touched from the factory and do these steps seem to be in the right order? Thanks in advance.

If your paint is defect free then I see no need to polish after you have decontaminated and cleaned the car. Would be a minor miracle if it was defect free but I guess it boils done to what you are personally happy with.

I’ve no experience with Cquartz but your basic methodology and chronological order seem find to me.

I’m sure others with Cquartz experience will chime in.

Congrats on the car btw!

Cq Quartz reload is a top up for their ceramic coating, it's basically a quick detailer with some silicone Dioxide added to its mix, not a fan of iron X since l used Angelwax revalation it's far easier to work into the paint as it's more gel like than liquid thus easier to work into the paint negating the use of claying your new car, you won't need this, and polishing the car "by hand" well even that can swirl the paint, l would cleanse the paint after using a fall out remover = ipa solution , then prime your paint for a ceramic coating, wax or a Sealant if it's cq Quartz ceramic coating your going to use forget the primer = only for a wax or Sealant application

If you intend on polishing the car to remove defects youll still need to use a isopropyl alcohol based panel wipe from the likes of Gtechniq after you've polished the car as the ceramic coating won't bond very well to car polish

Last edited:
That’s great ta pal. Unfortunately I’ve already got the iron x and having spent a pretty penny I don’t want to dip into the wallet again just yet. Once it’s run out I’ll give the Angelwax a go. Thanks for the comprehensive advice

Reactions: Jassyo06