New car detail

T

Tristan2

looking at getting my new S3 saloon detailed,when it arrives
Which is best GYEON or GTECHNIQ ceramic coatings

Both are as good as each other, but the gtechniq ceramic black serum is only available via a pro detailer franchise,you can buy the Gyeon moth ceramic kit yourself
Swings and roundabouts really

I would get the car done by a detailer
Don't go the C1 and EXO2 route,or the Gyeon equivalent,get the high quality ceramic serum versions l am a great believer in that,you only get what you pay for,slightly dubious about the less expensive quartz coatings on the market just now,the C1/Exo on my car is supposed to last 2 year's NOT, lucky it will last a year max but saying that a year ain't that bad for what it cost

I'm looking at getting done the crystal serum route or similar

I've had 1 quote for £790,that's for everything

Reactions: Jassyo06
looking at getting my new S3 saloon detailed,when it arrives
Which is best GYEON or GTECHNIQ ceramic coatings
I've had 1 quote for £790,that's for everything
@Tristan2 - Are you doing the car yourself or are you getting a pro Detailers to do it for you?
If I were getting it done by a pro I would get the Carpro CQ Finest ceramic coating applied (Ask @scotty76 as he has it applied to his S4). Carpro also do the same type of products that Gtechniq do but at a fraction of the price
I'm not a fan of Gtechniq products TBH. They're very fashionable at the moment so the cost I equates to the fashion too IMHO
I haven't tried any Gyeon products but hear lots of great reports about them
BUT saying all that, Detailing and its products is a highly subjective matter
Have a look on Detailing World for more info on these products
£790 for a Detail? Are you mad? Lol
Only kidding buddy ;) :D

@Tristan2 - Are you doing the car yourself or are you getting a pro Detailers to do it for you?
If I were getting it done by a pro I would get the Carpro CQ Finest ceramic coating applied (Ask @scotty76 as he has it applied to his S4). Carpro also do the same type of products that Gtechniq do but at a fraction of the price
I'm not a fan of Gtechniq products TBH. They're very fashionable at the moment so the cost I equates to the fashion too IMHO
I haven't tried any Gyeon products but hear lots of great reports about them
BUT saying all that, Detailing and its products is a highly subjective matter
Have a look on Detailing World for more info on these products
£790 for a Detail? Are you mad? Lol
Only kidding buddy ;) :D

BH....WHERE'S YER 8v xmas Avatar...buddy,if ye dont change it yer Banned....lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
BH....WHERE'S YER 8v xmas Avatar...buddy,if ye dont change it yer Banned....lol
@jassyo06 - No Christmas 8V avatar coz I ain't got an 8V. None of this 4 cylinder, turbo'ed haldex malarchy for the Hound lol ;)
Wuff! :D

Can only concur with @Bristle Hound £790 is madness. Where in the country are you based so we might be able to suggest someone?

My car has had Cquartz Finest from new applied in July 2014. It's still working so was well worth the money.

Willing to travel,ideally done at the Audi dealership in Worcester

Don't let your dealer touch it. If you are having it professionally done right away I'd be asking them to PDI it and leave everything else on it. Then drive straight to your guy.

Don't let your dealer touch it. If you are having it professionally done right away I'd be asking them to PDI it and leave everything else on it. Then drive straight to your guy.
That's the plan

Reactions: Scottyg
Cannot go wrong with Gyeon/Gtechniq ceramic coatings FACT....

@Scottyg - This
tummenupp_zpshfqpcwgs.gif

This is what I did & would do it again. Altho' I detailed my car myself :D
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...n-saloon-my-thread.240456/page-6#post-2476647
Cannot go wrong with Gyeon/Gtechniq ceramic coatings FACT....
@jassyo06 - Agreed
tummenupp_zpshfqpcwgs.gif

BUT there are equivalent, better & cheaper ceramic coatings out there. Just saying ... ;) :D

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Scottyg
Anybody recommend any pro detailers in Gloucestershire Worcestershire area?

Echo what @Bristle Hound says. Have a look at those websites. Find a local detailer and see what they've done. Most have public Facebook pages so you can see their work without having to join Facebook.

Reactions: Scottyg
I got a detailer to go in to the dealership and detail my car before I collected it, it looked immaculate when I collected it!