New car delivered........not a happy bunny!

daytonamart

Staff member
Reaction score
So the day finally came on Friday for my new car to be delivered. It is a company car but I have the choice to pay in and get upgrades on the vehicle so I went for:

S Line
Daytona Grey paint
Comfort pack
Light pack
Mono pur (yes, yes I know but so far I like it)
19" Wheels
Audi sound
Privacy glass
Hill hold

I turn up to collect it to find the delivery guy using detailer spray all over the car as it's covered in grime, I ask why it hasn't been prepped before delivery the response I get is "cos it's been on an airfield in Oxford, mate"

Okay then, I tell him to stop cleaning this way and he stares at me blankly. Then the real shocker the drivers side bolster and the passenger bolster (only one side in each) is really ruffled up. The rear seats are fine but leather in between the seats has two divots in it. There is also a leather scare right in the middle, now I realise leather is a natural material but how this left the factory like this is a mystery.

The footwells are dirty like someone has been sitting in there and the drivers car mat is filthy with ground in dirty water.

My fleet manager says we should reject the car but after many phone calls I take it on the understanding the issues will be resolved.

What was supposed to be an enjoyable day turned into a nightmare which is a real shame as the car itself looks lovely and the interior is a joy to be in, Mono pur FTW!

Right, feel better now. Updates to follow.....and maybe some pics.

I feel your pain mate. My new S3 was damaged when I collected it. Took 4 weeks and 3 separate trips back to Audi to get it resolved.

I'm maintaining my cool at the moment, it's just the experience of getting a new car should be enjoyable and this hasn't been.

They have promised to fix the issues and "good will" has been mentioned more than once, how far this extends remains to be seen.

I'm maintaining my cool at the moment, it's just the experience of getting a new car should be enjoyable and this hasn't been.

They have promised to fix the issues and "good will" has been mentioned more than once, how far this extends remains to be seen.
I think its reasonable to let them have the chance to resolve the issues. Make sure you photograph and document all the issues so you have evidence to fall back on.

I was surprisingly cool the first time round (they lent me an RS3 for 5 days as an apology), but by the third visit I lost my rag. Ended up with a free service plan and the car being detailed by professionals.

I wish you all the luck mate and try not to let it dampen the whole experience. They are truly superb cars:)

Reactions: Simon L
So the day finally came on Friday for my new car to be delivered. It is a company car but I have the choice to pay in and get upgrades on the vehicle so I went for:

S Line
Daytona Grey paint
Comfort pack
Light pack
Mono pur (yes, yes I know but so far I like it)
19" Wheels
Audi sound
Privacy glass
Hill hold

I turn up to collect it to find the delivery guy using detailer spray all over the car as it's covered in grime, I ask why it hasn't been prepped before delivery the response I get is "cos it's been on an airfield in Oxford, mate"

Okay then, I tell him to stop cleaning this way and he stares at me blankly. Then the real shocker the drivers side bolster and the passenger bolster (only one side in each) is really ruffled up. The rear seats are fine but leather in between the seats has two divots in it. There is also a leather scare right in the middle, now I realise leather is a natural material but how this left the factory like this is a mystery.

The footwells are dirty like someone has been sitting in there and the drivers car mat is filthy with ground in dirty water.

My fleet manager says we should reject the car but after many phone calls I take it on the understanding the issues will be resolved.

What was supposed to be an enjoyable day turned into a nightmare which is a real shame as the car itself looks lovely and the interior is a joy to be in, Mono pur FTW!

Right, feel better now. Updates to follow.....and maybe some pics.

Similar situation for me - "car benefit" with options and it was delivered to me by Audi.

It also had a few issues. Had some interior scuff marks, dirt on the backs of the front seats (like someone's shoe had touched it), dirty driver foot well, marks on the centre console (greasy fingerprints), also had the leather scar as well but on the left side of the back seats. I chalked it all down to the risk of getting it delivered to me, rather than collecting it.

Good wash at home, cleaned the windows inside and out, cleaned the interior and used sugar soap on the tougher stuff...it looked good enough for a show room floor. Loved that new car smell as well - though it's nearly all gone :(

Cheers for the response, I intend to detail it on Wednesday so this should make me feel a bit better.

The car came from Paragon Fleet Solutions although it was purchased and not leased by the company. I just feel as if Audi have shipped out the delivering of these vehicles to a third party and this is what you get, although the leather should not have got passed QA at the factory imo.

So it wasn't an audi dealer you were collecting the car from? I still think though a call to audi cs might be in order every little bit might help as it does reflect back on them as suppliers to the company..

Sorry to hear of your disappointing collection experience of what should have been an uplifting experience - hopefully the dealers will bend over backwards to help resolve these issues in a timely manner and restore some confidence in them.

Hope you're enjoying the car despite this. Would like to see Dytona Grey and 19" wheel combo did you go for wing arm style or the 5xtwin style ?

The car was purchased through Stansted Audi, all the conversations were with them and then the car arrives with Paragon plates on, on the back of a 2 car low loader from Paragon.

Hope Audi get it sorted, I'm still trying to resolve all the problems with mine and that's after I've already had one replacement, that still wasn't to an acceptable standard, with options mission and damage.

Sorry to hear about your problems, unfortunalty not so uncommon, mine are well documented here. Certainly seems,like someone was using your car for some weekend fun, what was the collection mileage? Should have been on more 15-20 miles

Take pictures and stand your ground, I would certainly be saying I expect full resolution and compensation or reject the car.

FYI - paragon are Audi approved body repair shop based at Hatfield, next door Hatfield Audi and are part of the same group as stansted Audi I think (m25 Audi). I used Paragon with no problem for a repair on my 8p A3 about 4 years ago but would not touch M25 Audi with a barge poll based on prior experience.

Seems all too common these days. I get the impression Audi are too busy for their own good.

Delivery mileage was 29 so nothing out of the ordinary there. They have said they will take the car back and "make good" the leather.

my fear is that it is never quite the same as factory, although I still have the option to reject the car.

Good news is that it's a Fleet Vehicle as opposed to your own (personal) vehicle.

When I've had Fleet Vehicles, I'm really not bothered about the condition - provided it doesn't break down I'm happy.
3 years later hand it back in and collect the next 3 year vehicle.

I'm always surprised when people get attached to a Fleet Vehicle - guess we're all different though.
Hope you get sorted soon though.

Delivery mileage was 29 so nothing out of the ordinary there. They have said they will take the car back and "make good" the leather.

my fear is that it is never quite the same as factory, although I still have the option to reject the car.

Some of the leather might not be so easy to repair, suggest you talk to another member, @Andyescos who had problems with leather damage on a new car and has been told it can't repaired, think his damage was cut marks in centre console leather as well !!!!!

yeah, I do get attached to my cars, and we don't lease them we buy them and run them for a good while. I gave back a B7 A4 on Friday after having it for 8 years so I wanted this to be a good one.

Driver Seat
Driver Seat
Rear Damage
Rear Damage
Saloon

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Yep definitely new seat covering or new seats !

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Simon L
Nice Colour and Nice Wheels.
The Saloon so much kicks the a*s of the HatchBack by far.
They look like mine so they must be 19"s.
Not sure with the rear privacy glass - looks a little too "pimped" for me.

With regard seats, I really wouldn't be bothered by the look.
The front will wear in within a few weeks / months and the rear looks like a seat belt mark ??
Again, after a few weeks / months, it'll probably fade to nothing.

However, if you are planning to raise, then you do need to do this soonest rather than wait.
Good Luck and hope you get sorted whichever route you take.

Cheers all,

Privacy isn't everyone's taste I appreciate that. Won't mention the mono pur either then?

The more I look at the seats the more I think I could live with the fronts but the rears being right in the middle is hard to stomach.

I'll see how much the good will is worth before making a decision. I'm detailing it Wednesday so will get some more pics up then.

Mart.

Reactions: Snibo, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Cheers all,

Privacy isn't everyone's taste I appreciate that. Won't mention the mono pur either then?

The more I look at the seats the more I think I could live with the fronts but the rears being right in the middle is hard to stomach.

I'll see how much the good will is worth before making a decision. I'm detailing it Wednesday so will get some more pics up then.

Mart.

Your call mate but the fronts are ****** awful in my opinion!

Reactions: Rob2k68
My seat bolster went like yours after a few months, but I thought leather does crease doesn't it? It doesn't really worry me, but I've never had a leather or part-leather interior before so I don't know from experience what to expect or not expect. I was lucky with my car, it had been the showroom model so although it had probably been clambered all over by visitors to the showroom, prior to that it had obviously been prepped to a high standard and there were no faults with it. The paintwork was in superb condition and has been a joy to wash and polish.

Might be worth seeking some form of recompense but for comparison purposes here are my seats after 11,000 miles :-

o49vqW4h

5FT0BUSn

YAl8pGCe

Eja3SoTM

Reactions: Daveotto
Very interesting, thanks for taking the time to post the picture.

these look to be in great condition given they have got 11k on them. Mine is clearly an issue.

Update: Audi have called to say they will be picking the car up on the 6th January on a low loader and taking back for inspection.

we'll see what happens.

Mart.

Reactions: Snibo, Simon L and Rob2k68
Very interesting, thanks for taking the time to post the picture.

these look to be in great condition given they have got 11k on them. Mine is clearly an issue.

Update: Audi have called to say they will be picking the car up on the 6th January on a low loader and taking back for inspection.

we'll see what happens.

Mart.

Your welcome - thought it might help just to see some others. Excellent news to hear they're taking it back in - dropping off a courtesy car too I presume ?

Yep, courtesy car to be left. I have asked for the car to be taken back on a low loader as I don't want them driving it back to wherever.

Nice looking car, very similar to mine apart from the 19s and mono pur, looks awesome, but went for the comfort of s tronic and acc for business mileage. My side bolsters were fine when I got them, but quickly developed the creasing after a few drives. Think it's pretty common with the sline part leather. Still, sure you will enjoy the car, I really like the privacy on mine too, particularly the rear window, due to the size of it. Enjoy matey

For a new car the fromt seats are awful & if it was mine I think I'd be tempted to reject it as I'm not sure I could live with it. My previous car was an A3 sportback 8P which I had for 4 years & the fron seats showed very little creasing.

i hope you get a satisfactory resolution to this.

I hope you took the QD from him and beat him around the body with it. ! Lack of respect . My rear seat on my 6 year old 8p looks like that ! I am looking at an A3 saloon next, but Audi qc worries me at the moment ..

Agreed, my question is are they too busy to maintain the standards they have set? I was speaking to the sales guy at Ipswich Audi a couple of weeks back and he told me the numbers they were selling and being tasked with selling and there is zero room for error or it appears QC!

They guy was using Demon Shine and a rag!!!! sent shivers down my spine.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
I don't think many people would see this as acceptable, fair play for not kicking up they got away with yours I reckon.

Car is being collected on the 5th Jan so we'll see what comes of it, stay tuned.

Reactions: Simon L, Ignition1 and Rob2k68
I don't think many people would see this as acceptable, fair play for not kicking up they got away with yours I reckon.

Car is being collected on the 5th Jan so we'll see what comes of it, stay tuned.

Yeah they definitely got away with it. The rest of the leather is fine except the driver's seat side support (like in the first photo) - it's not too bad but definitely should have got it sorted while I could.

Could be covered under warranty...

Car collected today,

A4 loaner left in it's place.
Low Loader
A4 Loaner

Great looking A3 by the way - even on the back of a truck. Daytona Grey and those wheels...I thought it was an S3!

Is that the latest A4?

Reactions: Simon L and daytonamart