New car day tomorrow

L33 WCX

Reaction score
Very excited to be collecting my A4 S Line 2.0tfsi Saloon tomorrow. Ordered only 8 weeks ago, arrived bang on time, completed paperwork this morning.

Specced far too much so looking forward to playing with the tech as much as driving it!

Reactions: pule333
Very excited to be collecting my A4 S Line 2.0tfsi Saloon tomorrow. Ordered only 8 weeks ago, arrived bang on time, completed paperwork this morning.

Specced far too much so looking forward to playing with the tech as much as driving it!
Have a fantastic day tomorrow. We all look forward to some pics. Enjoy :)

Enjoy your day and I'm very jealous as I can't order one until at least jan 2017. Stronic or manual, colour?

Reactions: L33 WCX
Think my spec is a little unusual. Tango red, full grey leather interior, manual box. Had the more typical tech pack, virtual cockpit, B&O, 19" wheels, tinted windows and other stuff I can't recall. Oh and had the adaptive sports suspension.

Mmm, a 2.0l tfsi with a manual box, rare beast indeed and I would love to have the opportunity to drive one...

I couldn't find a manual to test, only an auto. Happy to give feedback to those interested. Had a Jag XE and 1 series manual in last 3 years so have reasonable comparisons.

Please, I have had the same problem with trying to test drive one. I drove a 2.0l tfsi avant last week and hated the stronic box..

Enjoy the first drive and the hours you will spend sitting on the drive playing with the tech!!

Will do Cuke2u. I didn't dislike the auto I tested but still find the interaction of a manual far more engaging.

Have a great day tomorrow. It's fun trying out all tech. We'll all here to help with any questions!

I may well need some help. My technical ability is middling at best!

Hope you have a great day in the car L33 WCX and welcome to the 2.0 TFSI manual club :D

You'll have to let me know what you think of the manual gear stick as I have a slight vibration in mine which you can feel and see whilst driving. Got used to it now and tbh I think it's just the characteristic of the car. Still a brilliant engine and car though.

Enjoy your drive tomorrow and messing with all your tech. We expect some pictures as some as you can :)

Reactions: L33 WCX and Sandra
It's awesome

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 286
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 279
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 299
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 283
Reactions: AndyB-S3, f1nny, ScottishA4B9 and 3 others
It's superb, everything just feels right. The steering wheel, pedals, clutch, gearbox all just perfectly weighted. It glides and is all but silent inside. The adaptive sports suspension is phenomenal, soaks up everything but tightens up round bends. There is small movement from the gearstick, nothing major at all and not even irritating...and I am easily irritated!

Reactions: cuke2u, f1nny and AndrewMD
Car looks great mate. Loving the 19” wheels with the red paint. Wish I’d of got 19s now but I couldn’t part with £1200 for them. Glad you’re finding it superb to drive. It’s good to know I’m not the only one with a slight movement/vibration through the gear stick. I only noticed it because all my previous Audis never had this movement and I could feel it slightly. Least it seems to be a characteristic of the engine. Someone one on here did point out it could be to do with the engine be longitude mounted. Which would make sense as the gearbox is directly next to the gear stick, so closer connected. Still a brilliant car and engine. I’m sure you’ll keep enjoying it as much as I do :)

After all of the quirks and "undesirable characteristics" of my Jag XE, I'm quite happy with some minor movement in gearstick. The rest of the car more than makes up for that slight quirk!

It's superb, everything just feels right. The steering wheel, pedals, clutch, gearbox all just perfectly weighted. It glides and is all but silent inside. The adaptive sports suspension is phenomenal, soaks up everything but tightens up round bends. There is small movement from the gearstick, nothing major at all and not even irritating...and I am easily irritated!

@L33 WCX how is the adaptive sports suspension over bad surfaces? n is dynamic still bearable? I've ordered it instead of the adaptive comfort one as don't want the car sitting too high! my current a3 tdi used to be so good but after 3 years maybe its showing its age.. it was an se suspension so fairly soft but feeling like it falls and bangs into bad road surfaces these days..

Well the motoring press are unanimous in saying the XE's ride is the perfect blend of comfort and sporty. I can honestly say my A4 is a equal to it. Did a little dynamic driving yesterday and you can feel bumps but it's informative not bone shaking. In auto mode it's spot on in all conditions. Had a B7 s line and the ride was sooo hard (had come from an e46 3 series m sport). The new A4 is on a different planet in every aspect. Can you tell I like it???

nice..
I'm half wishing I had added the adaptive sports suspension..but the options list was getting longer by the day!
I'll just tell the missus its supposed to feel like that, while avoiding any bumps in the road :)

wheels look good...

Reactions: h1r4 and L33 WCX
I'm at that age where I want comfort but can't get onboard with wallowy soft riding cars like my wife's C4 cactus. The adaptive sports nails it for me but I only had a few hours drive in an s line with standard sports suspension and that was in no way crashy. My options list was too long but couldn't find anything I was willing to sacrifice!

Well the motoring press are unanimous in saying the XE's ride is the perfect blend of comfort and sporty. I can honestly say my A4 is a equal to it. Did a little dynamic driving yesterday and you can feel bumps but it's informative not bone shaking. In auto mode it's spot on in all conditions. Had a B7 s line and the ride was sooo hard (had come from an e46 3 series m sport). The new A4 is on a different planet in every aspect. Can you tell I like it???

Haha yeah I defo can tell ;) I am the same when u said in the other post that u don't want a wallowy ride.. that's why I had to go for the adaptive sports as I thought maybe that can have a decent balance! adaptive comfort suspension will obv be better for comfort but I don't know if it could firm up well enough! and of course that ride height that I didn't want especially with the 19inch alloys..

How is the steering in dynamic? the a4 I test drove in march was on the normal s line suspension I think and there was literally no life to the steering! :( I know Audi's aren't the most sportiest but my a3 handles very well n the steering is spot on!

I have ordered the 272 v6 which from reviews say it is the sportiest of the a4's.. so lets see!

On the b8 the gear stick is connected via rods, not directly but I don't know if the b9 is the same. L33 wcx, is it movement or vibration you feel?

Haha yeah I defo can tell ;) I am the same when u said in the other post that u don't want a wallowy ride.. that's why I had to go for the adaptive sports as I thought maybe that can have a decent balance! adaptive comfort suspension will obv be better for comfort but I don't know if it could firm up well enough! and of course that ride height that I didn't want especially with the 19inch alloys..

How is the steering in dynamic? the a4 I test drove in march was on the normal s line suspension I think and there was literally no life to the steering! :( I know Audi's aren't the most sportiest but my a3 handles very well n the steering is spot on!

I have ordered the 272 v6 which from reviews say it is the sportiest of the a4's.. so lets see!
That will properly shift. The steering is good, probably not quite as sharp as the XE but still feels well weighted and has some feel to it. It works well with the character of the car, easy, quiet, smooth, relaxing yet top top quality.

On the b8 the gear stick is connected via rods, not directly but I don't know if the b9 is the same. L33 wcx, is it movement or vibration you feel?
Hard to explain but I would say it's a small gentle movement. Before you asked me about it I hadn't noticed it at all. When I looked you could see it move but if you have your hand on the knob (ahem) you can't feel the movement.

Reactions: f1nny and Sandra
Congrats! My wait has only just begun. Hope you enjoy driving it and post alot of pictures!

Hard to explain but I would say it's a small gentle movement. Before you asked me about it I hadn't noticed it at all. When I looked you could see it move but if you have your hand on the knob (ahem) you can't feel the movement.
Ok thanks, I think a slight movement is probably very normal...

Reactions: f1nny
@cake2u. The b9 box will be connected the same. I just meant connected more directly as the gearbox is in closer proximity and probably linkages too than all the Audis I've owned, which have all had transverse engines. Interesting point about the b8s being ok though. The small vibration must be something to do with the new engine as it using a new type (well altered slightly) combustion process and a slightly raised compression ratio. The DMF does eliminate the vibrations as you said before. This engine must still produce a slight vibration that is transferred through the gearbox and to the gear stick. It definitely a characteristic of the car now it's been confirmed to happen in L33WCX's car.

@L33WCX. That's exactly what I say it is. You can notice it slightly flicker with you would. I feel an ever so slight vibration through as I tend to have a bad habit of resting my hand on the gear stick whilst driving. This is how I've noticed it and been able to compare it to other engines. Definitely a characteristic and glad someone else has finally confirmed with 2.0 TFSI manuals being rare.

It will be interesting to see if the same slight gear stick movement is noticeable in the facelifted A3 2.0 TFSI with it's different engine & gearbox lay out.

I am confused as l33 wcx only refers to almost unoticable movement, I quote: "I would say it's a small gentle movement. Before you asked me about it I hadn't noticed it at all." You refer to a vibration which was apparent to you immediately. A small gentle movement would be more than acceptable and not unusual so I think what you are saying is different. Please don't be offended as I am sure what you are feeling through your gearstick is real however I don't think l33 wcx is experiencing the same..

No offence taken. It’s hard to try explain something that is so minute and possibly only apparent to me. The slight and I mean slight vibration of the gear stick is the first thing I noticed before the slight movement which L33 has also experienced now.

The slight vibration could just be something I’ve noticed so far as I tend to drive with my hand resting on the gear stick. It could just be that the vibration appears to feel normal to other people or can’t be felt by them at all. I only noticed it because of all previous 5 Audis which have not had this vibration or slight movement, and also my missus 2012 A3 (8P) 2.0 tdi 170 which has had neither.

It just seems to me that the slight movement and vibration are linked as putting my hand on the slight movement I feel the vibration. I could be wrong. It really is one of them things where you need to feel it know what I mean. TBH it's not something people would notice unless they drove with their hand on gear stick all time.

Ok fair enough and as I haven't driven a 2.0l tfsi with a manual gearbox I cannot really truthfully comment, if and when I do I'll let you know..

Reactions: f1nny