New car coming Friday! DIS question

Mini-mad-matt

Reaction score
Hi,
Picking up my new car on Friday. It a A4 Avant TDI 170 Quattro S Line. It has Privacy glass, Bose, Xenons, parking sensors, full leather, cruise, Phone prep and it has an RNS-E. I've broken my own rule by not seeing it in the flesh before buying it, so just wondered, will have a colour DIS? My existing B6 TDI avant has a colour DIS as it has the old cd based sat nav. Is colour DIS standard with the RNS-E?

Cheers

MMM

DIS isn't standard, either in colour or red. Having RNS-E doesn't mean you have DIS at all but with the spec already on it, the chances are it will have.

If the car was factory fitted with RNS-E then it will have colour DIS, it was automatically selected option with RNS-E. However RNS-E could have been retrofitted to the car at some point in it's life so you never know!

Well, the DIS is red, so I assume the RNS-E has been retrofitted, although it has the proper aerial on the roof. There are a few other things that confirm it, like no Nav instruction in the DIS, and the MODE button on the MFSW doesn't do anything except scroll through the contacts an my wife's phone (not on my phone though!) Will hopefully get it recoded soon to sort it out! Other than that, the car is so spot on it's unbelievable. Happy bunny.