New C8 delivered today - Couple of queries

jeremyw78

Reaction score
Hi All

Took delivery of new black edition avant today in daytona grey complete with tech pack and tour pack. It was ordered back in March this year to meet a September delivery (advised by salesman) but it arrived in June! Goodness knows where it was kept 4 months but needless to day its not an MY22 with the new carbon inlays but I think I prefer the silver tbh. I've put some pics in the new pics thread.

Anyway, I'm all hooked up on my audi/MMI but I haven't been able to view emails or texts on the main centre screen or receive notifications for new texts/emails from my iPhone 12 running the latest iOS. I've checked settings on the car and both options are ticked (see pics below). Any ideas ??

IMG 0870
IMG 0871

You won’t get emails as it doesn’t work with iPhones but you will get text.

You need to go to your iPhone settings then into Bluetooth. In the list of connected devices which appears click on the I button next to Audi MMI and then turn notifications to On. You should then get your texts appearing in the central screen - they will pop up or pull down the top slider to click on it.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Frizzley
OP, sorry can't help you with your question but having seen your car (which looks stunning btw) in the picture thread, it seems you do NOT have the flat bottom steering wheel - which comes as standard on a Black Edition A6. I would get in touch with the dealer and ask them for clarification.

This is what your steering wheel should look like (pic from my A6 black edition):

OP, sorry can't help you with your question but having seen your car (which looks stunning btw) in the picture thread, it seems you do NOT have the flat bottom steering wheel - which comes as standard on a Black Edition A6. I would get in touch with the dealer and ask them for clarification.

This is what your steering wheel should look like (pic from my A6 black edition):

you can no longer have the fbsw with acc on most models now due to a change in way the system works to detect the driver is holding the wheel or not.

change came in for my21 models

you can no longer have the fbsw with acc on most models now due to a change in way the system works to detect the driver is holding the wheel or not.

change came in for my21 models
But why does the Audi configurator still show flat bottom steering wheel as standard for the BE A6 MY2022 ? Unless it was only MY2021 models which didn't have it? Perhaps someone else with a BE MY2021 can confirm?

But why does the Audi configurator still show flat bottom steering wheel as standard for the BE A6 MY2022 ? Unless it was only MY2021 models which didn't have it? Perhaps someone else with a BE MY2021 can confirm?

It’s removed when you add the driver assistance pack.
my S5 came with a fbsw and acc - if you now select the later you can no longer have the former.

same on the the A4 range and the A3 / S3 and new RS3

It’s removed when you add the driver assistance pack.
my S5 came with a fbsw and acc - if you now select the later you can no longer have the former.

same on the the A4 range and the A3 / S3 and new RS3
By 'driver assistance pack' do you mean 'parking assist with parking aid plus' @ £2k+ extra? Because even adding that pack keeps the flat bottom steering wheel.

By 'driver assistance pack' do you mean 'parking assist with parking aid plus' @ £2k+ extra? Because even adding that pack keeps the flat bottom steering wheel.
Tour pack - see below

FB4A718A 094D 41DC AE70 6679E8585599

Reactions: psychopomp1
Cheers, indeed the Tour Pack removes the flat bottom steering wheel. Perhaps the OP would like to confirm they do indeed have the Tour pack on their A6?

Cheers, indeed the Tour Pack removes the flat bottom steering wheel. Perhaps the OP would like to confirm they do indeed have the Tour pack on their A6?
They have already in a separate thread

Reactions: psychopomp1