New Black Edition Sepang S5 Coupe, About To Be Born

Spudgun

Reaction score
As the title suggests, I have on order a New S5. The order was placed on the 10th July, which does seem like a long time ago. But it not half as long as it would have been, logging on to ASN every lunchtime watching this thread creep along. Hence me only posting this now.

The Spec (Audi Config Code ACDH1CFW)

S5 Coupe , Black Edition

Sepang Blue

19” Rotors

Black/Lunar Leather

Tech Pack High

Advanced Key

Convenience Pack

Drive Select

Sports Diff

Damper Control

Dynamic Steering

Just confirmed with the dealer this morning that we are on for Build Week 38 (which in the real world is 15th Sept)

Fingers crossed, early/mid Oct I should be getting a phone call to come and pick it up

A Pre-delivery Detail is booked , which due to Dealer location and my location , will equate to a shortly after delivery detail. Done by a very nice chap by us called Matt from ‘OffYourMarks’

Tic Toc

Reactions: Shrek5 and markyy
My Sepang Blue S5 Sportback should be making it's way down the production line this week - BW 37.
I am still as impatient as ever, but soon it will be a real entity rather than just a paper proposal.

I just got an email confirming my Mythos Black S5 Coupe was built last week, so hopefully not long now before we can all flood the forum with pics!

Reactions: Shrek5
When have you fella's been told to expect delivery/pick up ?

Very nice spec, lovely colour. Delivery is roughly 3-4 weeks after birth, but if, like me, you decide to put a PP directly onto it then expect another 2 week delay!

@Spudgun, PP = Private Plate...

For what it's worth I didn't have any delay, but that's probably because I had my plate on retainer, plus you are NI based aren't you @Statler which might have muddied the waters for you.

Oh and nice spec by the way. ;)

This might be what you meant but from personal experience (as well as a couple of others on here) I would suggest you ask the dealers to not touch the bodywork before you (or your detailer!) get your hands on it.

Private Plate. ..... D'oh

Yes, I've had strict instructions from my Detailer, of what the Main Dealer are not allowed to do , i.e. Touch the paintwork.

Reactions: Shrek5
They told me my car should be ready 2 weeks after build. So i'm hoping for mine week 38 / 39. I too am getting a detailer to do the initial prep on he paintwork rather than the dealer.

@SpudgunFor what it's worth I didn't have any delay, but that's probably because I had my plate on retainer, plus you are NI based aren't you @Statler which might have muddied the waters for you.
Yep, but from 21st July we deal directly with Swansea. (Major benefit is being able to use retention now..)
Admittedly the DVLA changeover was a complete mess, hopefully next time it'll be better! They still quote 10-14 working days to swap a PP off another vehicle or bring it from retention.

DSC06344
DSC06345
DSC06346

I know its a tease , I was just checking the up loading of Photos

Picked up the new car on Friday , cant say it was completely hassle free. After instructing the dealer to not Wash , Touch , Dry or generally go near the paint work , as I shall be getting it detailed myself.
On arrival , the dealer informed me that , the had adhered to my wishes by not touching the paint work. However as it was raining when the car was put in the show room, the Lads dried it of with a Chamois..............

:jump:

So a perfectly dirty, unwashed, wet car, was dried off with a piece of old leather .......................... Words Fail me

One other point , that is to be resolved , by a warranty claim/repair , the leather on the Driver seat bolster is crumpled and doesn't sit right

Apologies, some thing else. That I don't think anything can be done about, the Gopping Great Gap between the tyre and the Wheel arch

Any how , Enjoy the Pics

DSC06361
DSC06362

Attachments

• DSC06363.JPG
    DSC06363.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 336
  • DSC06364.JPG
    DSC06364.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 352
  • DSC06365.JPG
    DSC06365.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 396
  • DSC06366.JPG
    DSC06366.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 413
Great looking car.:cool:

I looks a very similar spec to mine but in coupe form rather than sportback - my car thread

That drivers seat should not look like that. Both mine a perfectly smooth and not creased at all - I hope that is going to be rectified under warranty.

Like GlynRS2 said - I don't think that seat is right. Mine had a very minor crease in the same area, so it clearly a problem area for those seats, but I think yours need to be rectified.
IMG 1086

One other point , that is to be resolved , by a warranty claim/repair , the leather on the Driver seat bolster is crumpled and doesn't sit right
Apologies, some thing else. That I don't think anything can be done about, the Gopping Great Gap between the tyre and the Wheel arch
Any how , Enjoy the Pics

Thanks for the pics, looks fantastic.

Don't think there is much to be done with the arch gap. Mine hasn't settled very much with 2k on it now.
Funny about the seat, I've noticed that the leather on my pass seat base really doesn't fit properly where it meets the backrest on the outside edge. i must raise that with the dealer.

Lovely car. Really do like the sepang colour on it, and gutted it came out 2 months after I'd ordered! Arch gaps really don't settle much as I'd hoped so wheels always look lost in the arches.

some superb photo's you have taken there - car look amazing !

Sepang is a real show stopper isn't it.

I think we all wish the S5 sat a little lower - but you do get used to it and its only from dead side on you notice it.

Great car :cool::icon thumright:

Appreciate the comments Gents, thankyou. As for the Suspension Gap , its not the end od the World , if that's all I have to pick hole in am not doing bad. With that said I have emailed KW Suspension , to enquire if they have a product , that might address the Arch gap , whilst maintaining the Active Damper System. I shall report back when I have more info.

Could I ask, I'm sure the info would be in your threads some where ,
Where do I source

R8 Oil Filler Cap
Porsches Water bottle/Coolant Cap
SuperCharger Badges

Thanks in advance

I've ordered GlynRS2 's QUATTRO badge , am loving the look of that :hubbahubba:

911 coolant cap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-9...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2594e8ca31

911 coolant & oil cap (not an R8 oil cap granted but better match): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-9...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4add84652a

R8 oil cap: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R8-OIL-CA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2591ec100e

I ordered my Supercharger badges direct from Crewe Audi. They were £36 a pair. Think part number of the black versions is 4F0 853 601, but not sure what the red version codes are.