New Battery - how much!!??!?!

marctwo

Reaction score
Just been quoted £240 by Docklands Audi to replace my battery. Anyone else think this is taking the P*ss?

new battery is £70 tops. swap it yourself....

£30-35 for a Bosch from Costco, easy to changeover. Just have to redo things like one touch windows, clock, radio etc when your done so make sure you have the codes.

Paid £58.16 inc vat from GSF for an S3 battery in August. Takes about 10 mins max to change. I didn't have a problem with my one touch windows or stereo - they all reverted to previous settings after ignition had been turned on, off and on again.

They claimed it was £85 for the battery and an hour of labour to reprogram the system afterwards. If I have the radio code and a VAG COM I should be able to do it myself, right?

Is there any particular battery I need?

Just get a battery with the same load output as your old one. What brand and chemistry depends on your wallet.

As mentioned already , just make sure you have your radio code, and reprogram the one touch windows - you don't need vag-com for this.

It's all about amps, I think I got a 360a/h battery from the local car accessory shop, it's bosch, so it's german and most probably the same thing without the Audi badge. Cost me about £40, 10 mins to fit. Once done you can't see it as it's under the covers and it lives in a cosy jacket. Just watch the radio code and the one shot windows. Save yourself £200 ;)

Regards, John.

Got an quote from Auid to say £121 excluding VAT that is taking the ****. Ipicked one up for £53.39 Sweet. Can get one if you like?

James

docklands audi suck, i've never been in to get some parts that i have on order and not have to wait a good 30 minute before one of their parts monkeys pops his head out.

grr!

reprogram the system? Mine is constantly not connected to the battery whilst installing my ICE and no system needs to be reprogrammed apart from the oem HU I imagine!

Wicked666 said:
reprogram the system?
Yeah, I agree with you - I've disconnected my battery twice. Both times features such as one touch windows didn't work initially after the power was reconnected, but did after ignition was turned off and then back on again.

Just got one from Hellfrauds in the end. Took about 20 mins to fit. Recalibrated everything with VAG-COM and then reprogrammed the electric windows and set the date and time. That was it. £64. I think Docklands Audi have some explaining to do.