New B8.5 S4 member

Eric_RS6

Audi RS6 C7
Reaction score
Hi guys I have recently purchased a 55k mile B8.5 S4 in black with black pack.
I have previously owned a B7 S4 lightly modifed and a 410bhp/840nm A7 BiTDI.
Very happy with the S4 so far, it came already with carbon mirror caps (which I’ll probs be selling) and a carbon IE full intake.
I do intend to modify the S4 a fair bit but will keep it mostly cosmetic until the Warranty runs out.
I have already had the windows tinted and a spoiler lip on order!! I look forward to chatting to you all and hope this section is a bit more active than the A7 one!
87C6C54A DFE4 4931 B141 0ED838ACEAB623008908 FEA8 42DA 88D3 056743CA4BDA

Reactions: g00se, Andy Butcher and quattrogone
Changed the front pads over to Brembo last night as the pads were worn right down.

I've just realised the rear plate has been fitted by drilling into the metal of the boot, and not using the mounting holes. I have a short private plate so it will expose these holes, one of which is already rusty. I'll clean it up for now and maybe put a rubber bung in the holes but eventually get them filled and sprayed professionally.

Nice car Eric. Enjoy.

Reactions: Eric_RS6
Nice car and welcome to B8.5 ownership and the lovely CREC engine.

Reactions: Ajwhite, Eric_RS6 and Andy Butcher
I've only done a few thousand miles in mine since I bought it in 2018, every time is like a new car day :racer:.

The B8.5 CREC-engined era was definitely the high-water mark in the S4 story. I still miss mine.

The B8.5 CREC-engined era was definitely the high-water mark in the S4 story. I still miss mine.
The more I drive it the more i love it - nice and subtle and comfortable in Economy mode or even Drive mode but then a beast in Sports mode!

Also changed the front pads out for brembo, the original pads were at the end of their life!
C40AA45B 56D8 4A86 A434 8D447E28912A

also, ordered a spoiler lip - just a cheapy off eBay and it doesn’t quite fit, annoyingly. Sending that back!
9C25A12E FF3B 46CB BF3F D3BB050048D4

Ah, unfortunately not CREC, I'm guessing your B8.5 must be early 2014 or before? Six less injectors to worry about though!
It is a 14MY car, I didn't know it changed! I am very new to these engines and cars!

It is a 14MY car, I didn't know it changed! I am very new to these engines and cars!

Same here, took a lot of reading both online and offline to learn just a little bit. I hardly knew anything before buying the car, just some YouTube video guides on what to look out for.

The engine cover is the giveaway, the CREC has a large one piece cover over the whole supercharger. The other tell-tale is the supercharger pulley where it will have four bolts with the CREC rather than a sleeve. I think it is 64MY onwards which have the CREC.

Audi started using the CREC engine from April 2014.

Audi started using the CREC engine from April 2014.

Aye I think we established that it didn't make it into cars registered '64, or could it have made it into some '14 registered cars?

I think 2015 was the earliest CREC cars, the engine cover is the giveaway

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I think 2015 was the earliest CREC cars, the engine cover is the giveaway

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I've seen a '64 on Autotrader before with the CREC engine, I mind having this discussion before with someone (might not have been here) and we were hunting cars on AT to see, but I can currently see a '64 on AT just now which doesn't have it. (link)

Here's a '64 with the CREC: link

I wonder if it's the Avant which only gets it in '15 but the saloon got it '64?

Mine‘s a 64 plate (Oct 14) Avant with CREC…

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and ninjag
CREC was to meet EU6 which was mandatory for new approvals Sept 2014. However since the S4 & S5 were existing models it was mandatory for new registrations Sept 2015. However there was a further dispensation that if the EU5 cars were built before June 2015 then they could be sold and registered by Sept 2016. I suspect that Audi got the CREC ready for Sept 2014 in case they wanted to use it for new approvals, but then didn't and so had a period where they could choose which engine to fit into which particular batch of vehicles they were building. I believe that since 2014/2015 was at the end of the B8 cycle all S4s and S5s were built to order anyway.

Reactions: Eric_RS6 and Ajwhite
Have just ordered a RS style grill - I’ll pair it with black Audi badge and S4 badge and match it on the rear with black badges.
I’ll run my short private plate (when the ****** V5C comes back from DVLA - over 3 weeks now!).
AED5B3D7 862B 4557 A1C9 27B56A6E2965

Few more small purchases, satin chrome mirror caps (currently carbon) gloss back Audi badges front and back, gloss black S4 badges front and back, Audi logo puddle lamps.
In for a boot respray soon, to sort where the previous owner / garage drilled into the boot to fit the rear number plate. I have a short private plate, so these holes would be visible, only £140 to sort.

Reactions: Ajwhite and Andy Butcher
Managed to get a few more bits on. Badges all black and the grill and lights tinted (still unsure on this).
7B7F3A09 9B65 4257 BC67 F3032416E292
29CE5392 439B 4D0E AFD0 479DA12782B9

Reactions: MarioR34
Like the front but not sure on those rear lights, I find it bad enough reversing at night in mine just because of the blacked out rear window and the silly little reversing lights..:blink:

Like the front but not sure on those rear lights, I find it bad enough reversing at night in mine just because of the blacked out rear window and the silly little reversing lights..:blink:
I know what you mean but I haven't had an issue yet!