New B7 A4 owner - East Anglia

Phil303

Reaction score
Hello. I'm now the owner of an A4 3.2 Quattro S-Line Sport Tiptronic. Prior to this I had a D2 S8, before that I had a B6 A4 3.0 Quattro Sport and before that I had the original Cabriolet – still a very good looking car after all this time.

It needs a little tlc after being run on a tight budget by the previous owner. First jobs were to remove the window tints and replace the stainless steel exhaust with a standard item which I thought would be easy, only he neglected to tell me it had been de-catted. The price Audi wanted for the exhaust was nearly as much as I paid for the car.

However this was one of the best specced B7's I could find so i don't mind spending money on it. It was bought to replace my wife's Jetta and it had to meet a lot of criteria: be the same size as the Jetta; auto with tiptronic; S-Line; quattro and a V6.

There will be lots of questions I'm sure!
12804366 10209289535458719 1712545334 n

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Phil, :welcome!:to audi-sport.net. Looks a very nice car. We have a site sponsor who does custom cars, might be a good idea to get a price from him. He is member @BCS Nige . A good few of the members have used him and are very pleased with the results. Hope you enjoy the forum. :) x

Thank you. If I'd known about this forum sooner I may well have used him. As it stands, Longlife Exhausts were suggested several times on Pistonheads and there's a franchise not too far away, so it's booked in there to have the work done next week. £1400 for 2 x cats, pipes and back boxes. Not cheap, but better than the £5000 Audi were quoting.

Hi Phil, Glad you got something sorted. If you looking for any parts we have a parts request system in place. At bottom of the main page there is a list of site sponsors that covers most things for your car. We have a small events area that covers local meets with other members. We have a vcds map if you need your car scanned or want to enable other functions as well. Classifieds area if you looking for second hand parts is always worth a check as well. :) x

We have a promotion running for obd port protector if you interested in that. The ad is at top of the main forum home age. :)

Last edited:
There will be parts needed, of that I'm sure. Thanks for the advice.

I'll list the spec actually as I'd be keen to know whether this was standard S-Line spec. I know nothing about the B7s...

• RNS-E with Sat Nav and Bluetooth
• Bose
• Cruise Control
• Tiptronic box with the flappy paddles (I love using these!)
• Switchable daytime running lights and coming home function (?)
• Black headlining? Odd thing to mention but I can't recall ever being in a car with it before.
• It's also got Audi exclusive sill plates but I'm pretty confident it's not an exclusive interior. Is there a sure way of telling?
• Two-tone (black and a really pale silver I think) leather seats. Similar to the ones in an S4
• Folding rear seats which was a nice surprise

You will get lots of advice in the A4 section. The boys will be able to tell you what was standard. :)