New B7 3.2 Cab owner - exhaust options?

Balders

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post - I've just collected a 3.2 cab, 57 plate with 60k on clock. I'm really pleased with the car and can't stop listening to the sound of the engine, its quite addictive!

I'm looking to keep it pretty standard and it be fair there doesn't seem the need to do many mods (or that many options).... but I would like to upgrade the exhaust. Beyond you tube there doesn't seem to be many aftermarket systems for the B7 3.2.

Had a frustrating conversation with Miltek yesterday when the told me they don't do one that would fit, yet there seem to be a number of 3.2's with them on youtube?

I'm not precious about using Miltek so what options are out there? Can anyone recommend?

Cheers
Paul

For the price you would pay for a miltek you could have a custom 1 made just find a local and go have a chat with them .

B6 s4 exhaust and b7 s4 (with bumper valance) exhaust should be straight fit mate. So they're probably s4 Milteks

Did you get an auto or manual? A remap really smoothed my manual out

Thanks for that both, had a custom exhaust for an ST220 I had a few years ago now and that was great so might drop back to JP alin Macclesfield and see what they can do.

S4 looks worth a look, have you had that fitted?

I got the manual.

Interested in the remap, I've remapped my last fews cars which have given big gains but were turbo's. Didnt think you could get a remap on a n/a? Does it give you much extra bhp or does it just smooth the delivery as you say? Was this a custom map?

Thanks for you advice.

Cheers Paul

Supposedly gave about 20bhp and about 20nm but not sure. Haven ever had this checked out on dyno. Was a generic a4 3.2 remap. I had it done at audis in the park a couple of years ago. And all has been fine. Took the jerkiness out of gear changes and seems to pull better in higher gears than before. And maybe a couple of extra mpg but never really take any notice of them . I'd been toying with getting a stainless s4 exhaust for a while or even just a standard b7 one. However planning on changing to a b8 s4 next year . So that plans out of the window

Welcome to the club, ive also got a 3.2 cab and like you oived the sound.

I picked up a second hand b6 s4 milltek for my 3.2 from eBay. Dead easy to fit, hardest part was the rubber hangers. Mine is the resonated version. I toyed with the custom option but wanted something I could diy so waited for a second hand miltek (which took 6 months to find line not ridiculous price).

It is quite loud and initially I was disappointed as it lost the raspy throaty roar you get about 3.5k and up on the v6. I felt it was now a bit boomy from inside the cab. However from outside it does sound good and when you are really pressing hard it sounds good too.
Got a crappy phone clip on youtube here

but there is a lot of background noise. I've got volante induction kit to fit so I'll try and get some better sound clips whilst I'm doing that.

I'm now toying with the non resonated centre sections and sport cats with no second box in the downpipe.

I'd be interested if you find anyone doing custom remaps, there are lots of cheap generic ones out there that have had mixed reviews. There isn't much more to get from the 3.2 without serious investment although there was a guy on eBay selling one claiming over 300hp using custom map, s4 fuel injectors and pump and sport cats and exhaust.

Welcome to the club, ive also got a 3.2 cab and like you oived the sound.

I picked up a second hand b6 s4 milltek for my 3.2 from eBay. Dead easy to fit, hardest part was the rubber hangers. Mine is the resonated version. I toyed with the custom option but wanted something I could diy so waited for a second hand miltek (which took 6 months to find line not ridiculous price).

It is quite loud and initially I was disappointed as it lost the raspy throaty roar you get about 3.5k and up on the v6. I felt it was now a bit boomy from inside the cab. However from outside it does sound good and when you are really pressing hard it sounds good too.
Got a crappy phone clip on youtube here

but there is a lot of background noise. I've got volante induction kit to fit so I'll try and get some better sound clips whilst I'm doing that.

I'm now toying with the non resonated centre sections and sport cats with no second box in the downpipe.

I'd be interested if you find anyone doing custom remaps, there are lots of cheap generic ones out there that have had mixed reviews. There isn't much more to get from the 3.2 without serious investment although there was a guy on eBay selling one claiming over 300hp using custom map, s4 fuel injectors and pump and sport cats and exhaust.

Sounds pretty meaty! I quite like the fact you can cruise quietly at the moment but get a great noise as you press on and that little rasp is quite nice. I had a Mountune ST focus a couple of cars ago and had the full sports cat and cat back system which sounded great and wasn't too noisy whilst running about off boost. The ST220 I had before that had a Cat back JP exhaust which was custom made and popped and crackled and well a being pretty loud on full beans. I think I'm looking for a something a bit more meaty than standard now but without any boomyness - not sure if I can have both? I don't want a car that drones otherwise I've defeated the object of having an Audi! I've got a 3 year old and 6 year old in the back so not sure the public is ready for them and an exhaust together!

Overall I'm pretty happy with the output of the car, I bought it knowing that there wasn't a great deal I could do to the engine. I spent loads on my Mountune Focus and always felt I wanted more once I'd done the next bit...even when it got to 320bhp. I'll probably keep it simple with a panel filter, exhaust and I'll have a look a remaps but in over all terms probably just want to keep it pretty standard. Need to refurb the alloys so toying with the original 19" Le-Mans style if I see a set at the right price after the winter - and see if the wife notice's they've changed!