New Audi Owner!

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi there thought id say hi im Jason 17 years old and i drive the 1.8 t sport A3.

Just wondered if theres anything i need to look out for as for general maintenence etc on the Turbo A3.

Just got my audi and im loving it.!

Jason :)

17 and driving an A3 Turbo. The insurance company must love you! Or is it in your parents name?

hehe yeah im paying £290 a month to insure it not many companys would insure me!

I wanted a turbo and didnt want a chaved up RS Turbo so audi it was!

Jason

WOAH - That's the best part of £3,500 p.a

I tell you what mate that's dedication to the cause.
To be fair they'd prob want the same for an RST or R5 GTT.
And you've got alot nicer car

I hope you enjoy it and remember to warm the turbo up and down to avoid premature wear and damage to the turbo, keep to the service schedule and don't skimp on pattern parts.

Erm if you could explain that'd be great id like a blow of valve sort of thing what's your opinions on this?

Jason

Basically a dump valve like a RST or R5 GTT would use is atmospheric and makes the loud woooshhing noise when changing gear. Audi uses a closed loop system which basically re-cycles the unused air instead of making a noise with it.
Running an atmospheric valve can therefore affect the running on Audi's as the re-cycled air goes missing and the ECU doesn't like it!! (In laymans terms)
There are other ways to get the noises though.
Have a read of this and see if it makes sense.

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=26086&highlight=Dump+valve

makes a bit more sense now i dont really want to be messing about with the ECU sounds costly!

Is there something really worth while doing performance wise ie getting it chipped or a cat back system?

Thanks for your help

Jason

Remapping is the best BHP per pound mod you can do to the car, do it and you wont regret it!, But remember to declare it on insurance, or it'll be void... oooppps, up goes the insurance premium. :racer:

Chipping is definately the best way to go for cost/benefit ratio. Here's the benchmark company
http://http://www.amdtechnik.com/
Never used them myself mind
Others to look at are AMS, Superchips etc etc. A google'll turn up loads

Hi there, I am also another newbie to the site!

Owner for the last 6 months of a S3.

Have you checked out AMD in Bicester, Oxfordshire?

I looked at a Stage 2, an extra 45bhp for a cool grand inclusive of VAT, so not cheap : )

Enjoy

Oh and lovegroover is right about the dump valve. If you just want the noise then there are various ways to do it, but they offer no performance advantage.

Hi there, I am also another newbie to the site!

Owner for the last 6 months of a S3.

Have you checked out AMD in Bicester, Oxfordshire?

I looked at a Stage 2, an extra 45bhp for a cool grand inclusive of VAT, so not cheap : )

Enjoy

Maybe one of my first post's :)

Old member back after a few years off, rocking an old school Audi now! But still got B5 Avant on the mind ;)

Slightly different from the good old 8L X-reg Facelift Black S3 with a custom code remap! ;)