New Audi Owner

R3d33m3r

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Just bought a A3 1.8 Sport, and been running fairly smooth.
Took a trip into work the other morning and after a good run on the motorway, a sudden slight screeching noise developed on the right side wheel.

Only seriously bad on turning right and gets louder the harder the turn, but rather quiet on neutral steering and turning left.

Just been through MOT, which picked up a few things but was repaired.

Any suggestions ?

Hi, welcome to ASN. Possibly a cv joint? Sure one of the guys be along shortly. Enjoy the forum. :)

Sounds like a cv joint its not split is it? Oh and welcome to a great wondrous new audi world!!

Also is the car lowered? Can u see or feel any scraping on that right side? Could be wishbone joint?

I also thought cv joint, but the noise goes away on breaking, and its a stock fit.

Cant see any tears in the boot. Got it booked in for a check at audi Saturday. but still need the car on general day to day.
By the way the sound is like a sho sho sho noise as the wheel rotates and gets louder and more urgent if its turned right.

Last edited:
I also have a sound file of this noise i took this morning on the highway into work. If it would help identify it.

The driving is not affected in anyway. just this irritating grinding noise.

Here is the sound file link. Use VLC to play it. Its me in traffic this morning and accelerating with a right hand bend.

Solved. Took it to Audi and it was the splash guard had broken free and was rubbing. phweee