New Audi, Any Regrets?

ollie2013uk

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I regret not getting the folding mirrors on my S3 now!!

Reactions: TDI-line and OST
My only regret is probably not getting the red stitching on the SS Seats

Reactions: Bells, Jassyo06 and OST
Not ordering it earlier :whistle2:

Don't really regret not speccing them but it could have done with supersport seats and/or pano roof

Reactions: Tom.H and Jassyo06
All of the above were essentials for me, apart from the red stitching, went grey! Pano roof is my fav. Have to say the VC is something that changes the interior too, prob could do without it but it transforms the interior

Reactions: Tom.H
Folding mirrors are a fairly straight forward retrofit there’s a very good how to thread on here or 2-3 ASN members that can do the install for you.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Regretting (not A3) but a 9 month wait for the Q5

My regrets:

1) Getting the hatchback
2) The color (misano red)
3) Not getting the cruise control
4) Getting the S3. Endless chain of faults. The last one: a defective oil squirter that required the engine to be removed from the car and opened apart...

My regrets:

1) Getting the hatchback
4) Getting the S3. Endless chain of faults. The last one: a defective oil squirter that required the engine to be removed from the car and opened apart...

Ouch that's some regrets list

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
Not getting B&O in my previous car, having had it in the one before that. B&O restored in the latest, worth every penny.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Tom.H, ollie2013uk and 1 other person
Don't have any regrets about my car l have just now,it was my first Audi so ye live and learn well l did,maybe not getting a RS3 was a regret, but l have got over that a wee while back don't want/need one now a phase shall we say l went through

So l have learned a lot about Audi over the last few years, knew exactly what would make me happy the next time around and have done exactly that, it should arrive around the end of September

Reactions: PanamaS3, keenu, SpeedyFrog and 4 others
My regrets:

1) Getting the hatchback
why do you regret the misano red?

Regrets, really none except for maybe B&O, a very expensive option in Canada, as you can not just add it as an option, you have to purchase Nav, VC, side assist, rear view camera, front and rear parking sensors and advanced key as a package to get it. Apart from VC and B&O all other items can be optioned .....Wishes, better steering feel and suspension adaptability to traffic speed bumps.

Reactions: PanamaS3, Rob2k68, Tom.H and 1 other person
regret not waiting for Facelift. I use all the prestige features and love the car for everything but no apple CarPlay and improved voice recognition.

I regret not getting black roof rails, and pano roof.

Nah, i don't.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Rob2k68, Tom.H and 1 other person
I regret not getting the red caliper brakes and the roof rails - had I known what the interior light trim was I would have gone for that too.

Reactions: Rob2k68
Pot of red paint will sort the first one out. (But I fail to see the point really):whistle2:

No regrets on my spec really I’d probably have the equivalent again you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place getting the car you want and resale value as I won’t be getting most of the options spend back but you can’t take it with you spec the car you want and enjoy it !!!

Reactions: AL_B, glospete and Jassyo06
I don't regret any spec on mine, I just regret not having the ability to keep a car longer than 4 months!!

Not getting Mag ride - standard suspension is beginning to annoy me as its too firm and then too bouncy for crap UK roads.

Also, Pano Roof isn't really panoramic (like in my old S4) and was expensive for something I don't use - so wouldn't get again.

I also regret the 2 chocolate croissants I have just eaten - but that's a different subject.....

Reactions: PanamaS3, daytonamart, AL_B and 8 others
I regret curbing a 19" V spoke 4 weeks after collecting!

VC would have been great but you have to draw the line somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg and Jassyo06
Awe.............. poor you lol so where is this new car?
I'm on the train now on the way to collect it! I'll await until I'm back home before I say anymore as this deal has been a nightmare so far! I'm an idiot really as my s3 is awesome. I just love changing cars

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Hi mate, it is a matter of taste...it bothered me after some months...and the red S badge is less visible eheh. In retrospective I would go for a dark grey or a dark blue.

EDIT: forgot to add: it is much harder to sell...
I think red cars look awesome, I had a Astra vxracing and loved it for about 2 weeks. I don't know what it is but I disliked owning a red car a lot. But still thought it looked awesome. Go figure.

My only requirements were daytona grey, sensors and B&O.

There was a car available with all 3 plus tints that I could have within 4-5 weeks so I took it.

My only regret is not speccing the lumbar support as I have a bad back and can struggle to get comfy. I've never tried it but I would be nice to have the option to see if it helped.

I used to regret not having hill hold assist for stopping in traffic but since I learned that it leaves the brake light on I wouldn't have used it anyway.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I think red cars look awesome, I had a Astra vxracing and loved it for about 2 weeks. I don't know what it is but I disliked owning a red car a lot. But still thought it looked awesome. Go figure.

oh really, i love it and have always owned grey, black or really dark blue cars so for me its a massive change, i dont see many red S3's either, perhaps as you say harder to sell but i have the saloon and i think it suits it. I guess everyones different but id definatly buy another red and misano comes up a treat when polished and ive found with a good wax its doesnt look too dirty

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
I regret not being able to get an exclusive colour back in June last year in the early days of FL ordering... And maybe not waiting 18 months to get a FL RS3 Sportback with exclusive colour! lol
But the car is awesome as it is and still put a big smile on my face :)

Reactions: Baldyone, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Regret is not ordering B&O after having it in last two cars, doh!

Also, the intermittent faults with steeering wheel shortcut button, MMI functionality, Bluetooth phone connection which all seem to work when they can be bothered.

Reactions: SILVAF0XX and Rob2k68
I regret not being able to get an exclusive colour back in June last year in the early days of FL ordering... And maybe not waiting 18 months to get a FL RS3 Sportback with exclusive colour! lol
But the car is awesome as it is and still put a big smile on my face :)
There's a Misano S3 saloon round my way think it's a relatively early 14 plate but they disguise it with a private plate, it's got the pano-roof and wing arm alloys it looks pretty good l must admit, but it's got the full parade red leather inside which is a tad too much red in my opinion it's probably one of the first demonstrator cars when the S3 saloon made a appearance on our roads

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Any regrets? A lot. Wish I'd got a 3 door, wish I'd got a manual, passive suspension rather than mag, wish I'd test drove some different cars...kind of wish I'd kept my S3 8P.

Biggest disappointment with this car is the suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's a few minor features that I had on my previous BMWs that I miss (memory seats, power folding mirrors, etc), but then I get in drive the car and those minor items are all but forgotten :grinning:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
Not getting Mag ride - standard suspension is beginning to annoy me as its too firm and then too bouncy for **** UK roads.

Also, Pano Roof isn't really panoramic (like in my old S4) and was expensive for something I don't use - so wouldn't get again.

I also regret the 2 chocolate croissants I have just eaten - but that's a different subject.....

Eat lots more chocolate croissants and the car will become less bouncy

Any regrets? A lot. Wish I'd got a 3 door, wish I'd got a manual, passive suspension rather than mag, wish I'd test drove some different cars...kind of wish I'd kept my S3 8P.

Biggest disappointment with this car is the suspension.

Standard suspension is far worse than a car with magride

Reactions: Rob2k68, AL_B and Audi Bairn