New Audi, Any Regrets?

My cousin sent me a pic of the S3 loan car he had yesterday and they do look a bit pants compared to the VC. My biggest gripe is the lack of S3 on the steering wheel and seats!

F23EBB08-0A5E-40EA-AFB1-6F97EC73653B.jpg

3F6E1C63-715F-4E51-99C4-5EFB6A476287.jpg
Yer aff yer heed....lol them dials are class.....They sit Flush in the Binnacle and are far brighter than the PS4 screen thingy.....lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
See I find the VC fine both in daylight and at night, maybe I just got an extra special one complete with subwoofer control lol

Coz Audi think yer special mate...they gave ya a wee knob.....to play with....lol

Reactions: TDI-line and Rob2k68
They have a frame. They have multiple dials. They are blue. The frame is big and bold and brings your attention to it. Also note the 200 top speed! The S3 standard dials just look like Audi couldn't be bothered to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06
They have a frame. They have multiple dials. They are blue. The frame is big and bold and brings your attention to it. Also note the 200 top speed! The S3 standard dials just look like Audi couldn't be bothered to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think ye still have 5 pints VW....and just 3 pints Audi....mate....a full transfusion of Audi blood will soon ensue after delivery...lol but the VC is just a market leading Gadget in this Sector,my son has a BMW 430i Msport Xdrive as his demo just now, that has a similar binnacle to the face lifted Golfs...it can glow red and blue but it looks classier than the Golfs though, but not near enough Playstation like in the Audi's.of which may age quicker

Well my spec is very bare compared to those on here. Just metallic paint and folding mirrors for me!

Thankfully mine is the updated MY18 with rear sensors and maybe something else standard now..? (well...it comes with a price increase so no better off really...)

Would of loved the VC, but just couldn't fork out another £1400 to get it. Probably will regret not getting B&O as I do love it on my current S5...

Went with alcantara so will let you know if that screws with my OCD or not.

Also have front sensors and the reversing camera on my S5 so will see if I miss those or not.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Well my spec is very bare compared to those on here. Just metallic paint and folding mirrors for me!

Thankfully mine is the updated MY18 with rear sensors and maybe something else standard now..? (well...it comes with a price increase so no better off really...)

Would of loved the VC, but just couldn't fork out another £1400 to get it. Probably will regret not getting B&O as I do love it on my current S5...

Went with alcantara so will let you know if that screws with my OCD or not.

Also have front sensors and the reversing camera on my S5 so will see if I miss those or not.

It sounds like you want those features already. You should add them. You can't add to a car that doesn't have them but you can always sell the car and get a cheaper one.

Having said that on finance an extra £2000 is not that much more per month; so I have never understood that. (yes I know it costs more overall but I am sure everyone here will swap it anyway at the end!).

It sounds like you want those features already. You should add them. You can't add to a car that doesn't have them but you can always sell the car and get a cheaper one.

Having said that on finance an extra £2000 is not that much more per month; so I have never understood that. (yes I know it costs more overall but I am sure everyone here will swap it anyway at the end!).

Too late...going to be built at end of July and don't think I can amend the spec anymore.

I drive about 50miles a week. Miss Eskimo will probably drive it more and it will be a massive upgrade from her Mini so all golden :)

Ordered a 3 Door hatch, S tronic in Daytona Grey. Options specced are; Tinted windows, Virtual Cockpit (advanced tech pack), red callipers.

After reading what everyones saying I really wish I specced it with a pan roof now so I can hear the car better. I really disliked them before ordering in April but they've grown on me a lot now. It's probably too late to change now though as I collect it 1/9/17

£2000 on finance works out about £22 a month? I bought some options instead of adding them to the monthly payment solely to keep my monthly payment down, plus l ain't paying any interest on them which l found was a great idea

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Djs3saloon
£2000 on finance works out about £22 a month? I bought some options instead of adding them to the monthly payment solely to keep my monthly payment down, plus l ain't paying any interest on them which l found was a great idea

Yea not quite £22...on a 36m term it works out at an extra £63 per month....so £2205 extra (x35months).

If I could get £2000 worth of extras for just £770 over the term, I certainly would be doing that...!!

Yea not quite £22...on a 36m term it works out at an extra £63 per month....so £2205 extra (x35months).

If I could get £2000 worth of extras for just £770 over the term, I certainly would be doing that...!!
Your including interest on that £63 a month??

Yea. Would be around £57 without interest (£2000/35).
Back when l got my first S3 adding the pano-roof was only about £12 extra @month???
Also on my existing car the interest rate is around 6-8%, on the new car it's 4-8%

Last edited:
I was told a few months back when I ordered my A3 that for every £1000 of options it adds £30 a month to repayments.

See I work it out differently at £19 every £1000

Reactions: Rob2k68, Wxm and Jassyo06
Back when l got my first S3 adding the pano-roof was only about £12 extra @month???
Also on my existing car the interest rate is around 6-8%, on the new car it's 4-8%

How much is the pano roof, and what term was the agreement over mate?

£1000 over 47 months is £21, and that's without any interest....! We're you receiving a discount on the car, in which case it would have been a bit cheaper than the full option cost.

How much is the pano roof, and what term was the agreement over mate?

£1000 over 47 months is £21, and that's without any interest....! We're you receiving a discount on the car, in which case it would have been a bit cheaper than the full option cost.
Yeah it was 10-5% discount back then my figures aren't including interest though

See I work it out differently at £19 every £1000

That’s also my rule or thumb for every car I buy over 48 months and it’s usually very accurate.

I guess exceptions are where an option may actually increase your GFV so you’re not actually paying option cost + interest divided by number of months.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
That’s also my rule or thumb for every car I buy over 48 months and it’s usually very accurate.

I guess exceptions are where an option may actually increase your GFV so you’re not actually paying option cost + interest divided by number of months.

Unfortunately Audi are very stingy and no option will change the GFV. They do on BMWs.

Might see better trade in at the end, but this won't be reflected in your finance agreement...

I was told when buying both my new cars that £1000 of options results in ~£25 per month on the PCP over 4 years

Last edited:
I was told when buying both my new cars that £1000 of options results in ~£25 per month on the PCP

It's crucial that you also say over what term. It will be different depending how long you borrow the money for...

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Djs3saloon
Fair point, both times it was 4 years

Ah OK, Yea about £25 sounds right.

You can play about on the finance calculator to see how much. On a 48m term, an S3 with S-tronic is £453.86 with £1000 deposit, and £429.9 with £2000 deposit, so £23.96 per month difference. For 36m term, it's £512.64 with £1000 deposit and £481.38 with £2000 deposit, so £31.26 per month difference.

Gets all the more confusing with optional extras as levels of discounts are applied, so the exact amount and therefore change in monthly figure is difficult to gauge!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and allanmb
I paid a £7000 deposit 48 months term, 8k miles a year pay £410 a month, l got a £5,700 discount Apr 4-8%,paid cash for the matrix headlights and rear camera £1300,so £8300 in total

Reactions: DrEskimo and Rob2k68
I paid a £7000 deposit 48 months term, 8k miles a year pay £410 a month, l got a £5,700 discount Apr 4-8%,paid cash for the matrix headlights and rear camera £1300,so £8300 in total

That's a saloon BE isn't it mate? Tidy deal that!

Mine is not nearly as tech savvy or glamorous, but for a S3 Hatch S-tronic with folding mirrors and Navarra paint it will be £500 deposit and £380 per month over 48m term at 5k miles.

Will be selling my car through a garage and using the (hopefully) extra cash to put down about £2k and do it over just 36m.

That's a saloon BE isn't it mate? Tidy deal that!

Mine is not nearly as tech savvy or glamorous, but for a S3 Hatch S-tronic with folding mirrors and Navarra paint it will be £500 deposit and £380 per month over 48m term at 5k miles.

Will be selling my car through a garage and using the (hopefully) extra cash to put down about £2k and do it over just 36m.

3 years is a perfect term to take a car over mate, yeah my cars a keeper mate, buying after the term is over, that's the plan anyways lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and DrEskimo
3 years is a perfect term to take a car over mate, yeah my cars a keeper mate, buying after the term is over, that's the plan anyways lol

Ha....Looking forward to seeing how that pans out in a few years time...!

Hi mate, it is a matter of taste...it bothered me after some months...and the red S badge is less visible eheh. In retrospective I would go for a dark grey or a dark blue.

EDIT: forgot to add: it is much harder to sell...
YES!
I had an awesome BMW 330d once (don't shoot!) with all the M-Sport stuff on it....multi spoke wheels...de-badged (so many people thought it was an unmarked police car)....decided to leave UK therefore sell it....could I sell it for the market value? could I heck!!! ended up almost giving it away with everyone saying "if it was silver...if it was blue...if it was black...!" no time to respray...never buy red ever again

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Not really regrets as I took a car that was "almost" the spec I wanted to get it earlier....and I wasn't able to get magride here at the time....but I wish for the following in the next one that I missed on this one:
1. magride
2. nicer 19" wheels (not the 5 spoke black/silver ones I got....though they are flipping light!)
3. black headliner
4. not really that bothered about pano-roof as its too hot here to open....and I prefer more headroom
5. super sports seats (cos I need more headroom), hate gripping myself in the seat with my knees on the side rest, and can live without electric seats

Only regrets so far;

Audi being a bit cheap on everything compared to my old S3.

S line Seats - Where have the alcantara shoulder parts gone?
S Line Steering wheel
New air vents that are crap as you can't diffuse the air anymore
And WHAT THE HELL are flaming Hankook tires doing on my £37,500 Audi. I didn't buy a chuffing Dacia you know. :(

Reactions: SPIKE_, SILVAF0XX, richinsoton and 4 others
Only regrets so far;

S Line Steering wheel
New air vents that are **** as you can't diffuse the air anymore
And WHAT THE HELL are flaming Hankook tires doing on my £37,500 Audi. I didn't buy a chuffing Dacia you know. :(

I agree with the seats and steering wheel, feel they should have kept the S3 on them although it's Audi penny pinching which isn't great on a car of that value! I don't actually mind the vents tbh and I ended up with Conti's.

I agree with the seats and steering wheel, feel they should have kept the S3 on them although it's Audi penny pinching which isn't great on a car of that value! I don't actually mind the vents tbh and I ended up with Conti's.

Yeah I really liked the old vents and how you could diffuse the air rather than having it blasting straight at you. Having the choice is nice.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd much rather have had the Contis. :(

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Tom.H
Only regrets so far;

S Line Steering wheel
New air vents that are **** as you can't diffuse the air anymore

Have to say that the possibility of having Hankook tyres was a concern for me.....thankfully I finished up with Pirelli's.

Reactions: Djs3saloon
Mine came with continentals. I have 20k miles and am at 7/32 of an inch which means I'll need new tires in a few months.

Yeah I really liked the old vents and how you could diffuse the air rather than having it blasting straight at you. Having the choice is nice.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'd much rather have had the Contis. :(

I have heard others mention the vents in the FL model are not as good. What's the difference? As I never paid much attention when I test drive a PFL model last year.