1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Audi Allroad

Cobstar Jan 16, 2016

1. Cobstar

Cobstar Member Supporter

Sandra likes this.
  2. Jeeves

Jeeves quattronly

I don't think you'd be disappointed by the 3 litre diesel. I have the 245 PS variant in my A6 allroad. I ordered my previous (C6) allroad the day before the last A4 allroad was announced, but went with the order as the price differential was too slim vs the spec. I wasn't disappointed. The newer C7 allroad feels a bit big and unwieldy in comparison, so I think this new A4 allroad should be perfect - if the price is right.

I've had RS products, but find the allroad is the equivalent of a quality all-season tyre it just does everything asked and goes largely unnoticed. A 272 would be great and a BiTDI even better if they ever produce that (I've got another couple of years to wait potentially). I'd also like to see a plug-in hybrid.

The article was interesting, and it looks good in the pictures I've trawled up. I hadn't realised the new wing mirror positioning on the B9. Would also be interested to know what tyre sizes are used and wheel offsets, as I've kept a set up my sleeve which are a bit too small for the A6 allroad, but which were correct for old A4 and A6 allroads. I don't know if the additional 11mm ride height from the tyres is in comparison to these tyres or versus the non-allroad B9.

Cobstar likes this.
  3. Cobstar

Cobstar Member Supporter

Thank you Jeeves. A diesel might not be so bad then LOL.

Haven't driven a diesel regularly for nearly 7 years. A 53 plate Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI Sport. She was an absolute hoot and still going strong with my Dad.

Looking forward to seeing the UK spec options for the Allroad.