New Audi A8 owner!

Shez1878

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Hope you are well. Just wanted to introduce myself as a new Audi A8 owner from the Midlands.

When I say new, I mean new to me, not a millionaire...just yet :(

Its an Audi A8 (2012) 3.0 TDI Quattro and my first Audi after owning BMW X5's, 7-Series, and more recently a Range Rover Sport. I was hoping for one with a BOSE sound system, sunroof and in grey / black however in the end opted for silver as the car is in immaculate condition. I'm a tad OCD so like my cars to look perfect which is difficult when you're not buying a brand new one.

It has 1 owner from new, full Audi service history and only covered 31k miles. This is important as I do a lot of motorway miles.

So far I am absolutely loving it!!!!! Its a proper driver's car despite being a high end, luxury cruiser. Seriously no idea how Audi pulled this beauty off.

My only gripe is the sound system which is poor for a car of this class.

Overall, delighted!

Welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy it and the forum :)

Congratulations. I had a beautiful 2015 D4 Audi A8 and upgraded it a few months ago to a 2019 new shape D5 which I regret doing. The 2010-2017 A8 (D4) was definitely the "high water" moment for the A8.
d03c9a6a8bc50d5537b12ea99e42e8ca.jpg
bce8fa8476d7c68652c20f480263943e.jpg

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: CHEZ
Welcome to audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Hope you enjoy it and the forum :)
Pics to follow, thanks for the welcome :)

On another note, can anyone recommend a decent (read perfectionists) to get window tinting done? Thanks!

Congratulations. I had a beautiful 2015 D4 Audi A8 and upgraded it a few months ago to a 2019 new shape D5 which I regret doing. The 2010-2017 A8 (D4) was definitely the "high water" moment for the A8.

OH MY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!! They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I want those alloys!

Lovely cars! You are the first person to dislike the D5. I had one for a few weeks and loved it. Although my current car is a D3 S8 so older tech but the D5 (petrol) was very good.

Hi everyone!

Hope you are well. Just wanted to introduce myself as a new Audi A8 owner from the Midlands.

When I say new, I mean new to me, not a millionaire...just yet :(

Its an Audi A8 (2012) 3.0 TDI Quattro and my first Audi after owning BMW X5's, 7-Series, and more recently a Range Rover Sport. I was hoping for one with a BOSE sound system, sunroof and in grey / black however in the end opted for silver as the car is in immaculate condition. I'm a tad OCD so like my cars to look perfect which is difficult when you're not buying a brand new one.

It has 1 owner from new, full Audi service history and only covered 31k miles. This is important as I do a lot of motorway miles.

So far I am absolutely loving it!!!!! Its a proper driver's car despite being a high end, luxury cruiser. Seriously no idea how Audi pulled this beauty off.

My only gripe is the sound system which is poor for a car of this class.

Overall, delighted!

Welcome! That's the problem with buying a second hand car, you can never find the perfect spec! I searched for many many months before finding my S8 and although I would have liked a different colour and one or two extras, it was the best one around for many many months

Lovely cars! You are the first person to dislike the D5. I had one for a few weeks and loved it. Although my current car is a D3 S8 so older tech but the D5 (petrol) was very good.

There are owners on the Audizine & AudiWorld forums that also preferred the D4. That's where I got the "D4 was the high water mark" terminology from.

Having owned both, the D5 feels bigger and heavier when driving and doesn't have a sporty driving feel like the D4 does. Also the new touchscreens are very distracting. With the stunning knobs and switches of the D4 you don't really have to take your eyes off the road.

Am thinking of going back to BMW as with their latest I-DRIVE you have the choice to use touchscreen or knob/switches.

Just sharing my own experience and opinion.

There are owners on the Audizine & AudiWorld forums that also preferred the D4. That's where I got the "D4 was the high water mark" terminology from.

Having owned both, the D5 feels bigger and heavier when driving and doesn't have a sporty driving feel like the D4 does. Also the new touchscreens are very distracting. With the stunning knobs and switches of the D4 you don't really have to take your eyes off the road.

Am thinking of going back to BMW as with their latest I-DRIVE you have the choice to use touchscreen or knob/switches.

Just sharing my own experience and opinion.

Fair points and as I haven't driven a D4 I can't really compare. Down to personal preference I guess. I see the D5 S8 has a few videos released, now that I do like!

Three weeks on and I still have a smile on my face!

I do have a to-do list though:

1. Windows tints
2. Improve sound system
3. New alloys

Has anyone upgraded their A8 sound system on here?