1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Audi A7 - Reviews?

Syed Shah Sep 12, 2018

1. Syed Shah

Syed Shah Cars are a mans best friend, then dogs..

Hey guys.

Does anyone have the new A7 in 50 TDI form?

If so, what is your review of the 3.0 v6? More generally, what are the dual screens like to use whilst driving?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Sleepindug

Sleepindug New Member

I have a 55 TFSI so cant comment on the 50 TDI.

I find the screens fine to use when driving to be honest. Not as distracting as reviews lead you to believe. They get quite smudged with finger marks though. Tried to use the voice control system initially for functions but it struggles with my Scottish accent.

Syed Shah likes this.
  4. Syed Shah

Both the 55 TFSI and 50 TDI are of interest to me so thank you for replying.

I’m glad to hear the reviews aren’t entirley honest because they really do make you think twice without having used them yourself

5. Dam0

Dam0 New Member

I've got the 50. In my opinion engine is awesome. Gearbox is a little slow on the uptake sometimes (compared to my A4) but you learn to manage that. Stop start is really good, instant. (it was sluggish in my A4 and I always turned it off)

The touch screens take a little time getting used to them, the top one especially. After a few weeks you whizz around them without issue, there is just a bit of a learning curve.

There are some quirks, I'm attempting to get hold of the booking centre as I type this because they've become more than minor annoyances now.
    1. Random parking sensor faults occuring while driving but clear following restart
    2. Random invoking of the parking sensor and camera system while driving (nothing is close enough to invoke them)
    3. Keyless system gets confused sometimes and locks and unlocks itself several times when attempting to gain entry
    4. Lock system error messages on dash, but clear following restart
    5. A front passenger this week couldn't exit the car via his unlocked door multiple times
    6. Just this morning suddenly there is a data connection error from the on-board SIM
    Despite the above, I love the car. I'm sure with a software update these can be sorted.

Syed Shah likes this.
  6. Syed Shah

Thanks for a detailed response. Hopefully they fix these things very soon if it’s something affecting more than just your motor. I do like the A7 a lot, it’s just my experience with the current s tronic in my A4 that drives me mental at times that puts me off it

7. lpjn

lpjn New Member

Hey!

I just purchased a 50 TDI for a March delivery, I can't wait!

Syed Shah and koolkul like this.
  8. koolkul

koolkul New Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Team V6 A7 Owner Group Sportback S-line owners group

Same experience on my new A7 which is 55 TFSI. Lots of silly glitches. It went in for an ECU replacement and it came back worse. The parking sensor audible warning has turned it self off. So when I get close to something it no longer gives off an Audible warning. So each time I set off on a journey I have to reset it to come on automatically otherwise they remain off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. koolkul

koolkul New Member Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group Team V6 A7 Owner Group Sportback S-line owners group

Actually the worst glitch since it came back was that Audi Presense braked the car when there was no obstruction at all. Anyone else had this?

10. koolkul

Just got my car back from the Dealer and they showed me how to reduce the over sensitivity over the Audi Presence issue, so far no braking.

On the SatNav did anyone else experience where Audi tells you to stay right and arrow tells you to pull off to the left?
    Or maybe drive between two roads?
    IMG_2388.jpg

Syed Shah likes this.
  11. Syed Shah

So I have recently been quoted by CarWow and a local Audi dealer which means that at near enough full spec, it was a tad under £50k. Pano Roof, Comfort & Sound, Tour Package, 21 Inch Alloys, Tints, Metallic Paint etc.. I am very tempted on a 50TDI, but don’t know if I want to wait out for the prices to creep down a little further so I can stick in the laser lights too.

How long did you guys have to wait for a new A7 factory order to arrive?

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Syed Shah

I don’t think this is unique to the A7 tbh. I have an A4 and the parking sensors are made upset by just the wind, and Pre-sense scares the living days out of me when it randomly decides it wants to strike.

Meh

koolkul likes this.
  14. koolkul

You can reduce the sensitivity. It scared me a few times. Apparently the Audi tech was able to navigate the PreSense sensitivity setting. It basically looks like a cog on the top left ( if my memory serves). He also mentioned that it would pick up people on the pavement and the kerb, although I was dubious about it being THAt sensitive. It has not happened since.

15. Syed Shah

I can tone it down from its current setting (medium) to low however im not sure i want to incase it picks up something a little too late.

I’ve just learnt to accept its flaws tbh, however it was mainly the slamming brakes on for kasper the ghost that really got on my nerves. Apart from that it’s been ok as of recent.