New audi a7 2018 owner

WaqLeon

Reaction score
Hi...anyone else here have the new a7? 63A0800D FC4F 43E5 A474 D92A533D3E02

Reactions: THQuattro
First one I've seen in the UK. Looks ace, congrats.

Congrads. Seen at the dealers. Never seen one on the road yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does look nice, just didn’t have the cash for brand new!

Nice car @WaqLeon ! I got mine about 3 weeks back. I'd be interested in your thoughts now you had it for a month!

Nice car @WaqLeon ! I got mine about 3 weeks back. I'd be interested in your thoughts now you had it for a month!

few thoughts from me after driving mine for a few weeks.

• had parking sensor fault errors, no real reason for them. restarting the car clears them
  • central locking error,but they resolve themselves
  • sometimes the keyless entry get confused and needs a moment to sort itself out before i get in. probably related to the above
  • i listen to music which is 'mixed' together. when one track changes to another, there is a gap between the outgoing track and the incoming track. this doesnt happen in the a4
  • ive had settings 'forgotten' in the system. the mgp consumption on the vc disappeared today and i had to set it again
not major issues, love the car.

Reactions: koolkul
ah right, I am glad I am not the only one experiencing a few niggles... and as you mentioned mostly around settings with seat and aircon - it seems to forget what they were set to.

Hi @Dam0, just wondered if you ever had the issue inside the car, hearing kind of a wind buffeting noise? It sounds like someone has put one of the windows down in the back?

Hi @Dam0, just wondered if you ever had the issue inside the car, hearing kind of a wind buffeting noise? It sounds like someone has put one of the windows down in the back?

Can't say I've noticed a wind noise, then again I usually drive with the music on quite loud. What sort of speed? I'll give it a try.

Can't say I've noticed a wind noise, then again I usually drive with the music on quite loud. What sort of speed? I'll give it a try.

Actually the speed is anything from around the 30mph mark, but you would have already definitely noticed the throbbing in the ears whether you had music on loud or not. The dealer suggested that the seals in the boot/hatch in the rear needed to be loosened to allow airflow. They did this but the boot now is not 100% flush with the rear lines but no more throbbing!

Actually the speed is anything from around the 30mph mark, but you would have already definitely noticed the throbbing in the ears whether you had music on loud or not. The dealer suggested that the seals in the boot/hatch in the rear needed to be loosened to allow airflow. They did this but the boot now is not 100% flush with the rear lines but no more throbbing!

Can't say I've experienced anything like that. Seems a little disappointing when you're paying upwards of 60K for a car.

agreed but you are part of the A7 guinea pig club testing out the new car so a few things are likely to crop up.

Hi @Nextcar? yep, I hadn't realised how few had actually been sold and on the road at the time, but it is still an awesome car. I have kind of expect that a new product will have a few minor glitches. There is just so much tech packed in the vehicle.

few thoughts from me after driving mine for a few weeks.

• had parking sensor fault errors, no real reason for them. restarting the car clears them
  • central locking error,but they resolve themselves
  • sometimes the keyless entry get confused and needs a moment to sort itself out before i get in. probably related to the above
  • i listen to music which is 'mixed' together. when one track changes to another, there is a gap between the outgoing track and the incoming track. this doesnt happen in the a4
  • ive had settings 'forgotten' in the system. the mgp consumption on the vc disappeared today and i had to set it again
not major issues, love the car.
I’ve had a software upgrade which has sorted out the central locking error.

Is everyone still enjoying their A7?

Yep it is an extremely comfortable motorway muncher, despite a few niggles - for me definitely more positives than negatives! If I had to choose again would still choose the 55 TFSI on second thoughts maybe the hybrid version

My third one, do a lot of miles and still think the new model is great, but it does have a few more annoyances that the original and the face lift models.