New Audi A6 Avant - still not a practical family car (>2 kids)?

PeteBSK

Reaction score
<Warning to all S-Line and Tuning heads, boring family-related question coming!>

Further to Batty's question earlier this month about the 7-seater options for the Audi A6 Avant, does anyone have any experience of seating 2 babies+1 further young child, in the back of the new A6 Avant? i.e. two Isofix seats+1 more seat/booster?

I would dearly love to upgrade my A4 Avant to the new A6 Avant. I have test driven the 2.7Tdi and it was superb; however I'm struggling with the fact that although the boot is bigger (and I will at least be able to get a pushchair widthways across the boot, unlike the tiny A4 Avant space!), the rear seat design of the A6 looks like it may prevent me putting in two Isofix seats+a third seat/booster seat... the Isofix points are just too close together.

Please don't suggest I wait for a Q7, far too big/flash and probably too expensive... right now I am just lusting after the excellent gadgets I could have on the A6 ;-)

Any thoughts appreciated...

Cheers

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif LOL Fiat Multipla indeed IanL ;-)! I'll go for "the snip" and stick at two kids, rather than go for the bug eyed horror!

Looks like we are going for the A6 Avant... (fingers crossed)... _IF_ we have a third child (not even a twinkle in the eye yet!) then one of my wife/I will sit in the back when we go out... won't be for long... the main problem is the baby ISOFIX seats which are huge... once out of those, you free up room with the booster seats...

Cheers

I have two kids in ISOFIX seats in the back of a B6 S4 Avant and the room in the middle would not fit anyone in. We tried an A8 and again there was not enough room in the middle for anyone else.

The problem as you say is the positioning of the ISOFIX brackets. You may be forced into a people carrier with 3 kids if you want to use ISOFIX (which is a brilliant system). Remember though that once the kids are over 4 years old, ISOFIX is not an issue so this is only a short term problem.