New Audi A5/S5 picture thread

Picked mine up yesterday, loving it so far. Any tips on the piano black inlays in terms of a decent micro fibre cloth/product?

Attachments

• A5.jpg
    A5.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 475
Reactions: Audi Bairn, BarryG79, Torchbearer115 and 2 others
Picked mine up yesterday, loving it so far. Any tips on the piano black inlays in terms of a decent micro fibre cloth/product?
That’s a stunning looking car. Enjoy.

Reactions: glj81
qJzugcP.jpg

sZrXU03.jpg

iOQ7E3A.jpg

fPx3ryO.jpg

NzSZ6nv.jpg

I finally got it, Audi A5 Sportback 40 TFSI S Line, absolutely love it.

Reactions: bmullan, V6 Quatt, Jcbmally and 4 others
Starting to wish I'd had the 40 TFSI removed now, about five people now have asked me if it's a 4.0 litre... I wish ;)

Reactions: Audi Bairn and jamestalmond
Starting to wish I'd had the 40 TFSI removed now, about five people now have asked me if it's a 4.0 litre... I wish ;)

Someone asked me that too! I just say it’s got 500 bhp and be done with it

Audi’s naming structure is so odd, why not just call it a 190 tfsi?

I can't help but think it will make more sense when there are more electric/hybrids. But even then it makes no sense against KW.

Pretty sure the equivalent from BMW, i.e x40i is a 3.0 turbo?

One thing I will say is I get more people trying to ride my backside than in the Q3!

It's just not very well thought through really. I can see where they are coming from but really it must be marketing who probably thought this one up.

After ordering through the company car scheme back in August, I finally had my Daytona Grey A5 Sportback 40 TFSI S Line delivered today.

It's only just come off the low-loader, so not had chance for a proper play yet, but loving it already......

20190322 104035 1512x1134
20190322 105511 1512x1282
20190322 105408 1512x1410

Reactions: bmullan, Audi Bairn, Audidave69 and 6 others
De-badged, nice choice!

Reactions: Audidave69 and pre0ats
Reactions: V6 Quatt
CDBCAE2F 2441 4DB7 B650 752C9775EE68
C9654142 AE2A 4072 9199 4615A1ABBC13
CC3C1A16 1808 40F8 A3B6 B08C8C8BD198
40A3DB2F 72C8 474C B753 F107F7891189

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tej13, Craig999 and 2 others
Photos from the detainers, sorry about the blank uploads been having a nightmare uploading!!

Black wheels refurbed and back on...

IMG

Reactions: Timz15, V6 Quatt, Dreeze87 and 5 others
Has anyone got photos of an S5 Seats in Rotor Grey, think I prefer the black seats but wondering if I can grow to like the grey ones in a car I’m looking at :footy:

Has anyone got photos of an S5 Seats in Rotor Grey, think I prefer the black seats but wondering if I can grow to like the grey ones in a car I’m looking at :footy:
6E776F95 06F0 4053 93C2 EF759D458BE8

F09DBF1B 7847 4DAD 8545 EA54E3FD5561

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Bells
I personally thought it was too light and therefore went with black interior and Daytona Grey on the exterior.
The interior grey is much lighter than the interior grey for the A7.

I finally got my S5 in Navarra Blue - signed the contract yesterday, due to be picked up end of next week. 17 plate coupe straight from the dealer. Comes with heads up display, virtual cockpit, bang and olufsen, matrix LEDs, extended LED interior lighting etc. I have always tastefully modded my cars so this will get the same treatment as there are a few things I would like. This is my very first venture into an Audi so heres hoping for good things. A few dealer pics however I will post up more when I get it. The car needs a bit of TLC however I asked the dealer to just leave it alone and I would give it a full detail myself as I love detailing cars and that blue is going to just sparkle after a full detail and some ceramic coating. The engine bay is honest, dusty, but honest and I like that. The exhaust tips need a good polish (I am really looking forward to cleaning those actually)

Anyway - heres hoping she behaves herself within my ownership.
87f697055b474a889f21de3325993fa11

D79516879cc64098a6a53749421b73366

20c5c7c9a62a4f699857cc6ba2e474c5

Reactions: V6 Quatt, Jcbmally, Audi Bairn and 6 others
I finally got my S5 in Navarra Blue - signed the contract yesterday, due to be picked up end of next week. 17 plate coupe straight from the dealer. Comes with heads up display, virtual cockpit, bang and olufsen, matrix LEDs, extended LED interior lighting etc. I have always tastefully modded my cars so this will get the same treatment as there are a few things I would like. This is my very first venture into an Audi so heres hoping for good things. A few dealer pics however I will post up more when I get it. The car needs a bit of TLC however I asked the dealer to just leave it alone and I would give it a full detail myself as I love detailing cars and that blue is going to just sparkle after a full detail and some ceramic coating. The engine bay is honest, dusty, but honest and I like that. The exhaust tips need a good polish (I am really looking forward to cleaning those actually)

View attachment 184300
View attachment 184301
View attachment 184299
Looks beaut. Really liking the rotor grey interior. Enjoy the collection and please put up more pics especially some more of the interior :thumbs up:

Reactions: V6 Quatt
...please put up more pics especially some more of the interior :thumbs up:

Will do - Il take some when I leave the dealer and some during and after its full detail. Im hoping they wont do any silly embarassing pick up routine and just give me the keys after signing my life away again so I can get on with the rest of my day. Already ordered new materials for my DA polisher, new clay bar, iron x etc, so she will be spoiled soon after I get her home

View attachment 184300
View attachment 184301
View attachment 184299
Very nice mate, congrats! :thumbs up:

I moved to my Navarra S3 from an S5 (previous model, ‘63 plate) and I do miss it.

I can see myself back in one soon.

Reactions: Jcbmally and BarryG79
Im not good at forums however hopefully I am not breaking any protocol going off topic but what am I realistically going to be expecting to happen at pick up? I hear Audi dealers like doing a big song and dance and to be honest, I couldnt think of anything worse.

Im not good at forums however hopefully I am not breaking any protocol going off topic but what am I realistically going to be expecting to happen at pick up? I hear Audi dealers like doing a big song and dance and to be honest, I couldnt think of anything worse.
To be honest you can tell them what/how you want the collection to go, low key affair or a big reveal. I don't get the big reveal process as you know exactly what your getting but each to their own. Make sure you have everything in order before driving off (keys, obligatory freebies etc).

The lower the affair the better as far as I am concerned. I suffer from PTSD from serving so I tend to quite enjoy just hiding away from any attention nowadays. I react one of two ways if I freak out, neither of which are appropriate in a public setting. I like the idea of freebies - what kind of stuff should I be asking for?

Reactions: Jcbmally
The lower the affair the better as far as I am concerned. I suffer from PTSD from serving so I tend to quite enjoy just hiding away from any attention nowadays. I react one of two ways if I freak out, neither of which are appropriate in a public setting. I like the idea of freebies - what kind of stuff should I be asking for?
Anything to be honest. Over the last couple of Audis I have owned I have had the following:
  • Key rings x 3
  • Audi rucksack
  • Audi cleaning kit
  • Audi teddy bear.
  • Audi cap/hat.
Being an S5 I'd expect something nice. Good luck mate.

Reactions: paulie102003
Hey wasn’t sure where to post been viewing the forum for a while, had my Audi s5 2017 for a month now changed the grill to a rs5 one and dechrome so far :)

Attachments

• 681B63E0-F37A-490E-BAE1-674298E9DC0E.jpeg
    681B63E0-F37A-490E-BAE1-674298E9DC0E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 324
  • C49A9BBE-6007-48EA-9052-3A116D5FAC31.jpeg
    C49A9BBE-6007-48EA-9052-3A116D5FAC31.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 358
Reactions: Jcbmally, Simonwhite2000, NevMan and 1 other person
Hey wasn’t sure where to post been viewing the forum for a while, had my Audi s5 2017 for a month now changed the grill to a rs5 one and dechrome so far :)
Very nice :icon thumright:. The grill looks right at home. I’m sure it wasn’t cheap!

Reactions: Dreeze87
Love the grill - I like the idea of dechroming mine too.

Reactions: Dreeze87
Where did you buy this grille please?