New Audi A3 bumpy noise and wheel lock upon sharp turn

nogamer

Reaction score
Hi all, I am in a very confusing situation and looking for some advise:

I got a brand new Audi A3 Sportback 40 TFSIe (hybrid and heavy) back in July. So far I have done less than 2000 miles. Not too long ago I started to notice that car makes bumpy noise from the front nearside wheel when I take slow sharp turns like you do when pulling out of a parking space. Today I noticed that wheel also locks up if I take a fast sharp turn. These are pretty unique situations though and I do not feel anything odd while driving normally on the roads.

I "think" this may have started to happen since I went over a conelight (yellow lights on traffic cones) on M6 on a very rainy dark night at 60 mph. The wheels did not go over it but I heard a loud bang underneath the car, on the near side. There was no way to avoid it and swaying would have resulted in lost of control.

What should be my course of action if this is a result of the conelight damage? Would insurance cover it? Is this something I should be concerned about as I only notice it in unique situation? None of the Audi dealers near me have availability until mid January.

As this could be a warranty claim, I'd advise forcing the issue and don't let anyone else touch it. Tell them how essential your car is and how it could be a potentially dangerous failure. Threaten them (politely) with Trading Standards, etc. The thought of a potential court case and the bad publicity usually get's dealers wetting their pants.

If the cone was the cause of damage & you can prove by way of dashcam, its a council claim for damage, much like tyre damage from potholes.

Ideally ask a local garage to check for beer tokens any visible damage, if none, then goto audi under warranty, pre-empt anything they may say about road damage, so to speak.